Yaya Toure

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Yaya Toure

Postby Wonderwall » Thu May 07, 2015 12:55 pm

carolina-blue wrote:Yaya yaya ya ya ya ya ya toure
Kolo kolo kolo kolo kolo toure
That vid at I think Banks pub still sends shivers . If he goes I will miss the big en .

at the Bank in town, that was a good clip

Watch on youtube.com
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby PrezIke » Thu May 07, 2015 1:05 pm

Yaya Touré 90% certain to leave Manchester City this summer, says agent

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... city-agent

Seluk told Sky Sports News HQ that three clubs were keen to sign the midfielder but that his client would not make a decision on his future before the end of the season. The agent said talks were planned with City for next week.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby kinkylola » Thu May 07, 2015 2:18 pm

DiMarzio says Yaya+jovetic+money for Pogba.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Blue In Bolton » Thu May 07, 2015 2:19 pm

kinkylola wrote:DiMarzio says Yaya+jovetic+money for Pogba.

That will do for me!!
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Slim » Thu May 07, 2015 2:21 pm

How much less if we don't send them Jovetic?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Thu May 07, 2015 2:44 pm

Would / could juve pay his wages? probably not, why would he take a cut when two years on current contract. This is going to be one long drawn out saga..
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby kinkylola » Thu May 07, 2015 2:49 pm

sheblue wrote:Would / could juve pay his wages? probably not, why would he take a cut when two years on current contract. This is going to be one long drawn out saga..

sounded like he was willing to take a pay cut to play for inter ... who knows.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby kinkylola » Thu May 07, 2015 2:52 pm

Slim wrote:

the article lists some other players as possible make-weights in the trade: dzeko and kolarov ... one or both might interest them.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciome ... jovetic-2/
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby carolina-blue » Thu May 07, 2015 3:37 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
carolina-blue wrote:Yaya yaya ya ya ya ya ya toure
Kolo kolo kolo kolo kolo toure
That vid at I think Banks pub still sends shivers . If he goes I will miss the big en .

at the Bank in town, that was a good clip

Watch on youtube.com

Thats the one great stuff
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Wooders » Fri May 08, 2015 7:54 am

It's a shame when such a previously important and influential player decides to leave and nobody really gives a fuck, with lost wanting him to go
It's a funny old game
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby bayblue » Fri May 08, 2015 8:15 am

Hope to hell we get someone to replace him. Despite his obvious "flaws" he's a hell of a player - one of the very best we have ever had.

It'd be sad if he left without the recognition and thanks he deserves; and tragic if we don't replace him adequately. This is one of the biggest decision points the executives have to make; let's hope for our sake they get it right
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Wonderwall » Fri May 08, 2015 8:52 am

bayblue wrote:Hope to hell we get someone to replace him. Despite his obvious "flaws" he's a hell of a player - one of the very best we have ever had.

It'd be sad if he left without the recognition and thanks he deserves; and tragic if we don't replace him adequately. This is one of the biggest decision points the executives have to make; let's hope for our sake they get it right

good post mate, he may well have a dickhead for an agent and have his own flaws but he deserves massive respect for what he has done for us. Great player who has shown up at vital times for us.
Wonderwall

Postby sheblue » Fri May 08, 2015 9:35 am

Don't think too many would deny his contribution, which more than often has been the difference. But all good things come to an end. It is clear he is on the wane, in this team anyway. Its best if he moves on.
We may or may not miss him next season but we wont miss his shit stirring agent.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Fri May 08, 2015 9:40 am

I don't know if it's the last of the mercenary players we have, or the last of the ridiculous wages we were paying out... or maybe it's a bit of both, but we need to know when to let these players go and how to handle the sales better imo.

Look at tevez. Still one of the best strikers in world football. Was at his peak when he was with us. Sold for 10m.

Yaya will probably leave for the same.

Say what you like about baconface, but the purple cunt knew when and how to sell players.
Original Dub

Postby dazby » Fri May 08, 2015 9:55 am

You can't keep a player that doesn't want to play. Tevez was done. Plus he was in his last year wasn't he?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby sheblue » Fri May 08, 2015 10:08 am

Original Dub wrote:I don't know if it's the last of the mercenary players we have, or the last of the ridiculous wages we were paying out... or maybe it's a bit of both, but we need to know when to let these players go and how to handle the sales better imo.

Look at tevez. Still one of the best strikers in world football. Was at his peak when he was with us. Sold for 10m.

Say what you like about baconface, but the purple cunt knew when and how to sell players.

He did, but forgive me if I recall incorrectly, but didn't he commit a massive blunder in allowing a young pogba to leave so easily...?
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri May 08, 2015 10:30 am

Wooders wrote:It's a shame when such a previously important and influential player decides to leave and nobody really gives a fuck, with lost wanting him to go
It's a funny old game

It sure is. He's been such a hero for us but the cakegate bullshit and his half arsed season have combined to leave a really sour taste in my mouth. We wouldn't have won anything without him. And last season was probably one of the best of any midfielder in terms of sheer dominance and raising his game a level which is what made the last 11.5 months so stupidly sad. It's as if he's tried to ruin it for us and him as well.

And yes it was mostly his agent last summer but for me silence speaks volumes.

Maybe he truly doesn't feel wanted. I dunno. But I'll remember him as a hero at the highest level.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri May 08, 2015 11:06 am

Slim wrote:

Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Wonderwall » Fri May 08, 2015 11:09 am

sheblue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:I don't know if it's the last of the mercenary players we have, or the last of the ridiculous wages we were paying out... or maybe it's a bit of both, but we need to know when to let these players go and how to handle the sales better imo.

He did, but forgive me if I recall incorrectly, but didn't he commit a massive blunder in allowing a young pogba to leave so easily...?

yes he did, Pogba was pissed off at slur alex for bringing scholes out of retirement before offering him an opportunity and told them to stick the new contract.
He is often lauded for his amazing management skills and mind game wizardry, however, his howler are brushed under the carpet, and there are quite a lot!
Wonderwall

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri May 08, 2015 11:14 am

Wonderwall wrote:
sheblue wrote:

yes he did, Pogba was pissed off at slur alex for bringing scholes out of retirement before offering him an opportunity and told them to stick the new contract.
He is often lauded for his amazing management skills and mind game wizardry, however, his howler are brushed under the carpet, and there are quite a lot!

I think this is very true. It's one of the luxuries afforded to those that achieve as much as he did. You kind of forget that he didn't get everything right.
He kind of caved in on Rooney a couple of times if I recall correctly, as well.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum