Yaya Toure

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Yaya Toure

Postby Scatman » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:54 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Wooders wrote:Looking like Mancini is going to solve our yaya & Jovetic problem this summer

No thanks, they would pay a packet of chewits and 1/2 empty bag of bon bons and we pick up their wage bill.
I dont see Inter in the running for any of our players unless they get the cheque book out, which is unlikely.

We'll say no, they'll change the offer to include a 1/2 full bag of bonbons and we'd say yes (but only if we could then give them enough bon bons to half fill a bag).
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Nick » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:04 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:That's where the PSG story becomes proven nonsense though. They are not stupid enough to believe they could have got Yaya for peanuts at that time. They didn't just wake up one morning & decide to spend 50 mil on David Luiz; these things take time to set up.

So therefore, Yaya never had a cat in hell's chance of going to PSG, it was the French media originally linking him, as they do every single top player they interview. They ask every single player about joining PSG, & every single player gives the same interview & says the same things as Yaya did . Exactly. DiMaria did it just a few weeks ago. Utd fans don't give a fuck, ours start burning Yaya dolls.

Different mentality.

di maria didn't kick off about a birthday cake and accusing the club of disgraceful things though. Di Maria was also a new signing.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby PeterParker » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:28 pm

This is getting really ridiculous now.

After Sergio, i think Yaya is the second most important player in our rise as a club. He could had been a legend, however, he is a player with really weak mentality, if you ask me.

He looks like a dressing room leader, however, he is just a little doll in the hands of his agent. Yeah, he might be his friend, however, he is actually taking advantage of him. Only a madman would force his player out of Barcelona.

For me it is really, really hard to still like him, even if he is a huge part of our recent history. I just want this to end, shake hands and part ways. It is just a relashionship that was incredible, but ended badly and both parts are taking a piss.

Sadly, he must go, there is not turning back from this.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:31 pm

Wooders wrote:Looking like Mancini is going to solve our yaya & Jovetic problem this summer

City have tried hard to get rid of Jovetic but his wages are, and will remain, a major obstacle. He is our biggest problem for me. I think he has done well when he has played and I have defended his performance on here. I see he has another mystery muscle injury. I wonder if that shows up on a scan. The biggest wimp ever on our books? There is no way Mancini can pay Yaya's wages either.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Nick » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:36 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:

City have tried hard to get rid of Jovetic but his wages are, and will remain, a major obstacle. He is our biggest problem for me. I think he has done well when he has played and I have defended his performance on here. I see he has another mystery muscle injury. I wonder if that shows up on a scan. The biggest wimp ever on our books? There is no way Mancini can pay Yaya's wages either.

I would personally say hes far down our list of problems.

He actually seems to give a shit and looks to create things on his own.

Whats the current craic with him by the way? Another injury? Seems suss considering hes been dropped by the last few squads prior
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:46 pm

Nick wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

Whats the current craic with him by the way? Another injury? Seems suss considering hes been dropped by the last few squads prior

Jovetic is claiming to have a muscle problem which he declared immediately after Bony's injury.... out of the blue. I don't think there is much patience left with him amongst the hierarchy. They have tried hard to offload as he is quick to make himself unavailable though the injuries seem hard to detect.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:14 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Nick wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

Jovetic is claiming to have a muscle problem which he declared immediately after Bony's injury.... out of the blue. I don't think there is much patience left with him amongst the hierarchy. They have tried hard to offload as he is quick to make himself unavailable though the injuries seem hard to detect.

how do you know they've tried hard to offload him?

How in the actual fuck would you know that?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:04 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
Nick wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

how do you know they've tried hard to offload him?

How in the actual fuck would you know that?

cheers

If they haven't they will, surely? He's valeri bojinov mk2. He's always fucking hurt.

I'm not being funny, but if yaya just said nah I'm hurt and sat all season he'd have not copped anywhere near as much shit. Give me an out of form fighter over a soft sick note anyday.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!

Postby Original Dub » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:00 am

He's a player with an attitude who joined us as a gamble. It paid off for both parties wonderfully.

The next marquee player that signs will be joining a top club.

Can't wait.
Original Dub

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:44 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
If they haven't they will, surely? He's valeri bojinov mk2. He's always fucking hurt.

I'm not being funny, but if yaya just said nah I'm hurt and sat all season he'd have not copped anywhere near as much shit. Give me an out of form fighter over a soft sick note anyday.

that's not even open for fucking debate....what I asked was how this dude would know that we've already tried to get rid of Jovetic.

Simple question. He's just making shit up. He doesn't know if we tried in the summer of Jan to move him on. And if he does have some inside info then the cunt should back up his comments with his story.

That's all. Of course Jojo has to go. I hate the kind of player he is. Mancini hated them to so he won't be going to Inter.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:40 pm

I don't even see why we are still playing yaya. He is gone at the end of this season and he is taking up a slot of someone who wants to be here.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Dameerto » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:48 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:I don't even see why we are still playing yaya. He is gone at the end of this season and he is taking up a slot of someone who wants to be here.

i strongly suspect the rumours of a playing clause in his contract might be true.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby City64 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:47 pm

Dameerto wrote:
MilnersJaw wrote:I don't even see why we are still playing yaya. He is gone at the end of this season and he is taking up a slot of someone who wants to be here.

i strongly suspect the rumours of a playing clause in his contract might be true.

This ^^^^^

The cunt didn't want to be on the pitch today and goes off with a bruised sock !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:02 pm

Don't suppose it's a three to four week lay off?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby failsworthblue » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:42 pm

nottsblue wrote:Don't suppose it's a three to four week lay off?

Let's hope so.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:41 pm

City64 wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

This ^^^^^

The cunt didn't want to be on the pitch today and goes off with a bruised sock !!!

Surely the worrying thing for those intent on getting rid of yaya, is that we were even fucking worse after he went off

How do we explain that then?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby bayblue » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:48 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
City64 wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

This ^^^^^

Surely the worrying thing for those intent on getting rid of yaya, is that we were even fucking worse after he went off

Agree. He is the one who knits the team together. When he's not there the only option for someone to do something useful with the ball is Dave, and he's double marked most of the time.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:01 pm

Best pass of the day was from yaya
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby failsworthblue » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:02 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
City64 wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

This ^^^^^

Villa dominated the midfield in the first half when he was on , the halfwit of a manager got lucky when he got injured and replaced with Fernandinho , then by some miracle saw sense and brought Milner on.

He is taking the piss and everybody can see it.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:48 pm

What we need need next is for someone else to do what Yaya does but also run about. We are not very smart without him. Most of the stuff Silva does is moving the ball nicely from a to b but it needs others to turn it into something. Yaya does the game changing stuff, but looks past it.

Navs is the only outlet most of the time.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum