Yaya Toure

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Yaya Toure

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:42 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Some reports suggesting Yaya is out for 3 weeks after having his hamstring assssed. I would feel much happier if this was nt the case.

is this assessment taking place in qatar?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:51 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Some reports suggesting Yaya is out for 3 weeks after having his hamstring assssed. I would feel much happier if this was nt the case.

Our team functions better with Yaya than not, games prove that. Personally, I want him there.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:57 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Our team functions better with Yaya than not, games prove that. Personally, I want him there.

Yes, totally agree. Missing Yaya for 3 of the last 4 games won't help us finish second. I don't think Super Frank has the legs to start and Jimmy and Sami have injuries too. The dippers losing tonight takes the pressure off though. MEN running Yaya this story and physio room now have his return date as 3 weeks.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dameerto » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:36 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:

is this assessment taking place in qatar?

he only goes there for 'minor injury'ies.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Nick » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:26 pm

Sounded like he was a non event Saturday (First game I've missed so didn't see his first half).

We are currently benching our best CM in Dinho; so why not play both Ferns again? (It was working last time). The issue then is how we get some goals and who we play in front of them.

I agree Lampard is finished. So its how we organise Navas/Silva/Bony/Aguero/Milner
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby City64 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:47 pm

It's more than likely Yaya isn't going to be with us next season so we might aswell start learning how to play and function without him right now .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:38 pm

Nick wrote:Sounded like he was a non event Saturday (First game I've missed so didn't see his first half).

We are currently benching our best CM in Dinho; so why not play both Ferns again? (It was working last time). The issue then is how we get some goals and who we play in front of them.

I agree Lampard is finished. So its how we organise Navas/Silva/Bony/Aguero/Milner

Benching Dinho? He won the match, you tartlet. He won't fucking care if he started or parachuted in from a Blue Angels fucking flyover when you do that. And don't pretend you don't know who the cunting fuck Blue Angels are.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby PrezIke » Mon May 04, 2015 8:48 pm

Anyone else catch the rumour Inter willing to buy him for £15 million?

Claims hed be on £150k from £230k a week.

They spin this into £46.2 mil in the headline but thats it with wages.

We need our bollocks back!!
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon May 04, 2015 8:57 pm

PrezIke wrote:Anyone else catch the rumour Inter willing to buy him for £15 million?

It is all spin and it is all bollox. The Italians simply will not match Yaya's wages, though his agent does say it's not all about money tee he he.We can't offload Jojo cos of his pay packet so no chance of them paying Yaya.
South Stand Balti

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon May 04, 2015 9:05 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Anyone else catch the rumour Inter willing to buy him for £15 million?

It is all spin and it is all bollox. The Italians simply will not match Yaya's wages, though his agent does say it's not all about money tee he he.We can't offload Jojo cos of his pay packet so no chance of them paying Yaya.

'If he went to Italy it would have to be on a free with City paying Inter 15 mil to take him off their hands.'

Daily Mail, August 2015.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon May 04, 2015 9:10 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

'If he went to Italy it would have to be on a free with City paying Inter 15 mil to take him off their hands.'

Daily Mail, August 2015.

Inter could not afford Richard Wright and there is no Champs League either.
South Stand Balti

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue May 05, 2015 6:48 am

Should he stay and get a good break this thread could easily end being "what does he actually do" mk2 in 6 months time.

Man I hope so:
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue May 05, 2015 9:25 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Should he stay and get a good break this thread could easily end being "what does he actually do" mk2 in 6 months time.

Man I hope so:

I have no problem with Yaya staying, provided we just use him as ' a ' player, rather than shoehorning him in. He could do all kinds of good shit if used to compliment a younger, fitter side. If we keep using him as we have been doing, he will get the manager sacked, whoever it is.

The M.E.N. is running the story about Inter & also claims PSG have no interest in him. So it would probably have to be another team here, if he went.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue May 05, 2015 9:39 am

I was thing about the Yaya to PSG speculation of last summer again, another thing that doesn't add up in the theory of we should've sold him to PSG last summer is that they couldn't afford his wages because they had the same sanction as we did, in that they were banned from increasing their overall wage bill.

They couldn't have brought someone in on his wage without a big restructuring of playing staff.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Dameerto » Tue May 05, 2015 1:15 pm

If they could afford to spend 50m plus wages on a shit defender then they could have afforded to spend 20ish million plus even larger wages on a lazy midfielder.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Nick » Tue May 05, 2015 1:18 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Nick wrote:Sounded like he was a non event Saturday (First game I've missed so didn't see his first half).

Benching Dinho? He won the match, you tartlet. He won't fucking care if he started or parachuted in from a Blue Angels fucking flyover when you do that. And don't pretend you don't know who the cunting fuck Blue Angels are.

cheers

He didn't start though. And hasn't started a number of games before then..... most important one being Barca I think?
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Nick » Tue May 05, 2015 1:20 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Should he stay and get a good break this thread could easily end being "what does he actually do" mk2 in 6 months time.

Man I hope so:

But this thread could have been started last summer; and as such there has been zero turnaround since then aside from a handful of half decent performances...
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue May 05, 2015 1:28 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Man I hope so:

I have no problem with Yaya staying, provided we just use him as ' a ' player, rather than shoehorning him in. He could do all kinds of good shit if used to compliment a younger, fitter side. If we keep using him as we have been doing, he will get the manager sacked, whoever it is.

The M.E.N. is running the story about Inter & also claims PSG have no interest in him. So it would probably have to be another team here, if he went.

Interesting.

The Scum have deep pockets, by all accounts, so I wonder if Butthead would consider buying him............... ??

Mind you, I can't envisage the furore which would be engendered and I fear this forum would go into cataclysmic melt-down if ever Yaya did make the journey to Swampland.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue May 05, 2015 1:35 pm

Arsenal maybe ?

There are strong rumours on the other place, that we seriously are after Jack Wilshire, which for me woild be like watching every game with my fingers stuck down my throat. I really hope they are wrong about that.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue May 05, 2015 1:53 pm

Dameerto wrote:If they could afford to spend 50m plus wages on a shit defender then they could have afforded to spend 20ish million plus even larger wages on a lazy midfielder.

Forget the transfer fee, that is irrelevant in the point I am making. They have a freeze on wages as part of their sanctions so to bring Yaya in on the wages he's on would be nigh on impossible without removing high earners from their books first.

The very same reason that we couldn't compete for marquee names last summer.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum