Yaya Toure

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Yaya Toure

Postby RodneyRodney » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:09 am

Drop him for good and sell him.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:10 am

The timing stinks, but I find it very hard to disagree with any of what Seluk says. He is however being a touch disingenuous talking about us not winning whilst Yaya was away, given that we have only won 4 times in nearly 4 months, most of which time Yaya was playing.

He knows that this year's performances would be overlooked by a potential buyer given the circumstances, and the potential buyer knows he may well get at least 1 top drawer season out of Yaya, because I don't believe he isn't capable any more, but mentally, I think he already has one foot out of the door for whatever reason.

If that's the case, Pellegrini now has his perfect opportunity to drop him for either for the rest of the season, or for a couple of games to send him on holiday or something to get his shit together.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby nottsblue » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:46 am

It appears that other clubs players agents don't come out with this kind of shit. There is no wsy Bacon or Mourinho or Levy would stand for it. It would be fairly simple to say to a player anything an agent says against the club is the same as the player himself saying it. Then there are repercusions. It is then up to the player to either tell his agent to shut the fuck up or find another agent. Or find another club. No one, and i mean no one, is bigger than the club. Beckham for one found this out
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Blue In Bolton » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:51 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:The timing stinks, but I find it very hard to disagree with any of what Seluk says. He is however being a touch disingenuous talking about us not winning whilst Yaya was away, given that we have only won 4 times in nearly 4 months, most of which time Yaya was playing.

He knows that this year's performances would be overlooked by a potential buyer given the circumstances, and the potential buyer knows he may well get at least 1 top drawer season out of Yaya, because I don't believe he isn't capable any more, but mentally, I think he already has one foot out of the door for whatever reason.

If that's the case, Pellegrini now has his perfect opportunity to drop him for either for the rest of the season, or for a couple of games to send him on holiday or something to get his shit together.

An excellent post (as was the one in the goalkeepers thread). I am all in favour of getting rid at the end of the season and would love to drop him now from the first team. However, if we are to sell him in the summer do you not think dropping him now would affect his value i.e seeing it drop?
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:53 am

nottsblue wrote:It appears that other clubs players agents don't come out with this kind of shit. There is no wsy Bacon or Mourinho or Levy would stand for it. It would be fairly simple to say to a player anything an agent says against the club is the same as the player himself saying it. Then there are repercusions. It is then up to the player to either tell his agent to shut the fuck up or find another agent. Or find another club. No one, and i mean no one, is bigger than the club. Beckham for one found this out

We knew this when we signed him though, we knew exactly what sort of a cunt his agent was and got into bed with him to secure his move from Barcelona, so we can hardly complain.

On the other hand though, given that this particular agent's public declarations are generally not constructive, I believe it's entirely possible for City to have insisted that as Yaya's personal representative, he takes responsibility for his agent's behaviour in public (eg, he gets fined every time the cunt tweets or opens his gob). If I, in my capacity of employee or consultant of XYZ ltd came out and publicly rubbished my CEO, I'd be down the road. Of course, Seluk would never have agreed to that, but surely the clubs have some power in negotiations?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:55 am

Blue In Bolton wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:The timing stinks, but I find it very hard to disagree with any of what Seluk says. He is however being a touch disingenuous talking about us not winning whilst Yaya was away, given that we have only won 4 times in nearly 4 months, most of which time Yaya was playing.

An excellent post (as was the one in the goalkeepers thread). I am all in favour of getting rid at the end of the season and would love to drop him now from the first team. However, if we are to sell him in the summer do you not think dropping him now would affect his value i.e seeing it drop?

I personally think the transfer fee would most likely be artificially reduced in order for Toure to pocket a signing on fee and for us not to have to pay out his wages. I'd be very surprised if it was more than 15m. I'd like to see us take the 2nd option though and give him 10 days off given the issues Seluk has raised, if he comes back and still is wank for the final 3 or 4 games, then he has few excuses left.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby nottsblue » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:20 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
nottsblue wrote:It appears that other clubs players agents don't come out with this kind of shit. There is no wsy Bacon or Mourinho or Levy would stand for it. It would be fairly simple to say to a player anything an agent says against the club is the same as the player himself saying it. Then there are repercusions. It is then up to the player to either tell his agent to shut the fuck up or find another agent. Or find another club. No one, and i mean no one, is bigger than the club. Beckham for one found this out

We knew this when we signed him though, we knew exactly what sort of a cunt his agent was and got into bed with him to secure his move from Barcelona, so we can hardly complain.

On the other hand though, given that this particular agent's public declarations are generally not constructive, I believe it's entirely possible for City to have insisted that as Yaya's personal representative, he takes responsibility for his agent's behaviour in public (eg, he gets fined every time the cunt tweets or opens his gob). If I, in my capacity of employee or consultant of XYZ ltd came out and publicly rubbished my CEO, I'd be down the road. Of course, Seluk would never have agreed to that, but surely the clubs have some power in negotiations?

Agreed, five years ago we had no choice but to give a player what he wanted to sign for us. Now, the club is in a much different place and we can be more ruthless. If we have to make an example of a player because of his agents actions then so be it
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:46 pm

He wont shut up because he wants to make sure the world knows it will be the club selling Yaya so that he doesn't sacrifice his 'loyalty bonus' - and once again the cunt is 'negotiating' via the media.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:25 pm

Much better from him today. Well done today Yaya.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Original Dub » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:27 pm

I thought he was average today.

Some good moves in the first half. A lot of misplaced passes in the second.
Original Dub

Postby nottsblue » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:28 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:Much better from him today. Well done today Yaya.

Agree. The opposition wasn't up to much but you can only play what is in front of you. Was a constant threat going forward and his passing range was good again. Roll on next week
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:51 pm

Shows how far we have fallen if that was a "good" performance...
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby MilnersJaw » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:51 pm

Who cares if he performed today. It's 32 games late.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Wooders » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:23 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:Shows how far we have fallen if that was a "good" performance...

Absolutely - a capable performance but still very poor by his standards, looks totally devoid if confidence to me
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby AntMcfc » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:17 am

Mase wrote:Dimitri Seluk has taken aim at the club hierarchy and its manager, as well as claiming that there would be no shortage of suitors for his client if City choose to sell.

Yaya Toure is involved in a blistering attack on the men who run Manchester City.

His Monaco-based agent Dimitri Seluk believes that Toure is being made a scapegoat for City’s miserable season, following speculation that the champions will sell the Ivory Coast midfielder in the summer.

Seluk has branded manager Manuel Pellegrini “a good coach, but a weak manager.”

But, speaking exclusively to Sunday Mirror Sport, he has saved his most stinging rebuke for chief executive Ferran Soriano and director of football Txiki Begiristain.

Seluk said: “Some people at City are trying to blame Yaya for what has happened this season.

“But those people aren’t taking responsibility for their own mistakes.

“I am talking about executives who have bought players for a lot of money - and then put those players on the bench.

“I am talking about executives who spend a lot of money on Stevan Jovetic and then drop him from the Champions League squad.

“I feel sorry for Pellegrini. He is a good coach, but a weak manager.

“He won the title with the team left behind by Roberto Mancini.

“It seems the answer for everything at City is to blame Yaya"

Seluk said: “Yaya’s has had a very tough year. He has played in the World Cup and at the African Nations and played almost every minute of every game for City.

“Also, his brother died last year and he is still badly affected by the loss.

“The problem is that City want Yaya to do everything. They want him to score goals, they want him to assist goals, and they want him to defend.

“He cannot do it all on his own.

It is also interesting that City could not win a match when Yaya was away at the African Nations.”

Seluk added: “If City want Yaya to leave then they should come out and say so.

“Two of the biggest clubs have already asked me if he is available and I know that if City said they will sell, then another 10 would call me inside 24 hours.

“And if City are worried about money then, they can keep their money in their wallet, because I know that other teams will pay Yaya what he earns now.”

Top bloke. Nothing but the truth there.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby AntMcfc » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:23 am

Yesterday's performance was a fairly average performance by Yaya's standards, but that equates to being twice as good as any other player on the pitch. He's so valuable, but it's fine, let the haters hate because he's black and doesn't run around like a headless chicken.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:29 am

AntMcfc wrote:Yesterday's performance was a fairly average performance by Yaya's standards, but that equates to being twice as good as any other player on the pitch. He's so valuable, but it's fine, let the haters hate because he's black and doesn't run around like a headless chicken.

WHUFC Had fucking flip flops on, Kevin Nolan was asked to take his shades off by the ref.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby gillie » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:34 am

AntMcfc wrote:Yesterday's performance was a fairly average performance by Yaya's standards, but that equates to being twice as good as any other player on the pitch. He's so valuable, but it's fine, let the haters hate because he's black and doesn't run around like a headless chicken.

What the fuck has the colour of his skin got to do with his way below performances ?
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby dave watson's perm » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:46 am

AntMcfc wrote:let the haters hate because he's black.

you're straying into very dangerous territory here
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:16 am

I have not seen or heard any racial hatred towards Toure, I dont think its very wise to court racial hatred in this thread where there is clearly none.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum