Yaya Toure

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Yaya Toure

Postby Original Dub » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:41 pm

Wow. That twitter link is disturbing.

What a fucking weirdo.
Original Dub

Postby freshie » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:19 pm

Original Dub wrote:Wow. That twitter link is disturbing.

What a fucking weirdo.

Indeed. Gives the impression of a 40-ood year old bloke who lives with his dead mum and hasn't left his bedroom, ever
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:27 pm

freshie wrote:

What a fucking weirdo.

Indeed. Gives the impression of a 40-ood year old bloke who lives with his dead mum and hasn't left his bedroom, ever

Nail on head
Original Dub

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:28 am

You have my sympathy for your lost credibility :-)

And now you tell me I had credibility. Two blows in less than 24 hours.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Sister of fu » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:18 am

freshie wrote:

What a fucking weirdo.

Slim?
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:44 am

so now he's not going to be 'forced' out
this guy really is something special
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby RodneyRodney » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:17 am

I never want to see him in our colours again.
His time is done.
The club should tell his agent to find him another club today.
I'll drive him to the airport and get my Mrs. to bake him a f* cake - he can eat it on the plane.

Lazy overpaid narcissist.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby kinkylola » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:23 pm

Pellers says he isn't leaving. great.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:43 pm

Then people need to get behind him whether they like it or not. There's a job to be done starting now & the club is more important than personal vendettas.
If he's playing we need him at his best, so give him some support when he's out there.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:44 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Then people need to get behind him whether they like it or not. There's a job to be done starting now & the club is more important than personal vendettas.
If he's playing we need him at his best, so give him some support when he's out there.

So you're saying if we all get behind him and cheer his name he'll pull his finger out and start working for the team?

Bollocks!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:45 pm

Mase wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Then people need to get behind him whether they like it or not. There's a job to be done starting now & the club is more important than personal vendettas.

So you're saying if we all get behind him and cheer his name he'll pull his finger out and start working for the team?

Bollocks!

Fine give him shit then. It always worked in the past. I loved the 3rd division.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:55 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Mase wrote:

Bollocks!

Fine give him shit then. It always worked in the past. I loved the 3rd division.

There's some times that supporting a player and you giving him everything you have support wise will do absolutely nothing because they're not committed anymore. We've done all we can do in my opinion with Yaya. He's just not interested at all.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:18 pm

If that's the case then his backing from Pellegrini will be short lived. Yaya is one of the only midfield players we've got who shoots. And he has been one of the the most important players in title run ins etc during previous seasons. A bit of encouragement might just get a couple of goals etc out of him.

If I had a quid for every time fans were handed their feet to stick in their mouths by quality players over the years, I would be able to buy Gareth Bale & have him mowing my lawn.

If the fans get behind all the players during this last period, we will probably finish where we want to finish, & it's not impossible Yaya will make a significant contribution. Create a negative atmosphere & there's a good chance we will get negative results.

All the individual agendas can be put aside for a few weeks.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby kinkylola » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:31 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:If that's the case then his backing from Pellegrini will be short lived. Yaya is one of the only midfield players we've got who shoots. And he has been one of the the most important players in title run ins etc during previous seasons. A bit of encouragement might just get a couple of goals etc out of him.

If I had a quid for every time fans were handed their feet to stick in their mouths by quality players over the years, I would be able to buy Gareth Bale & have him mowing my lawn.

If the fans get behind all the players during this last period, we will probably finish where we want to finish, & it's not impossible Yaya will make a significant contribution. Create a negative atmosphere & there's a good chance we will get negative results.

Ted, you're right that it's entirely possible for Yaya to put in some great performances in the run-in and we get some good results. I don't think that negates what has already happened this season, and people are well within their rights to feel let down.

I hope there isn't anything as ridiculous as booing going on during games, and all players should have our support when they are on the field. In between games and at the end of a season are the time for some perspective, however.

What yaya has accomplished here at City has been immense, but this season has been a huge let down ... and it's not just down to performances, it's about attitude, and I believe that is what is so hard to stomach for so many. I can't blame them.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:47 pm

kinkylola wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:If that's the case then his backing from Pellegrini will be short lived. Yaya is one of the only midfield players we've got who shoots. And he has been one of the the most important players in title run ins etc during previous seasons. A bit of encouragement might just get a couple of goals etc out of him.

Ted, you're right that it's entirely possible for Yaya to put in some great performances in the run-in and we get some good results. I don't think that negates what has already happened this season, and people are well within their rights to feel let down.

I hope there isn't anything as ridiculous as booing going on during games, and all players should have our support when they are on the field. In between games and at the end of a season are the time for some perspective, however.

What yaya has accomplished here at City has been immense, but this season has been a huge let down ... and it's not just down to performances, it's about attitude, and I believe that is what is so hard to stomach for so many. I can't blame them.

I'm not disputing any of that. Personally I feel there are very few of the players who haven't let me down & I include the untouchables like Zabaleta & Silva in that. I think they have been apalling. I think they have let the fans the club & especially the manager down. He is likely to pay for it, but it's only partly his fault. It 's mainly them. Yaya has been cack for large parts of the season & I'd be happy not to see him again.

But we need results & the best way to get them is to support the team, including Yaya. I hope that's what everyone does, & we get back above Arsenal.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PrezIke » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:02 pm

Pellegrini said: “It’s more important than ever to have the fans, the players and the staff together as one. We are one club.”
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:18 pm

"Yaya is a very important player for our team. Everyone is waiting to criticise him. He'll keep playing here."

Well if he does, you can fuck off sunshine.

I support Pellegrini, I don't expect him to come out and trash toure now, but I expect him to say that he expects more.

That statement is a fucking poke in the eye for the fans
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby twosips » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:44 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:"Yaya is a very important player for our team. Everyone is waiting to criticise him. He'll keep playing here."

I support Pellegrini, I don't expect him to come out and trash toure now, but I expect him to say that he expects more.

*ahem*

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/9810485?
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:49 am

"He's a very important player and he will have my support until the end of the season." Hmmmm
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:39 am

twosips wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:"Yaya is a very important player for our team. Everyone is waiting to criticise him. He'll keep playing here."

*ahem*

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/9810485?

Pellegrini said: "He doesn't need a break. For a lot of reasons he's not the same Yaya he was last season but he continues being a very important player for our team.

"I don't think Yaya is happy with his performance this year, andI am not happy also with his performance. But we must support him and he will return him to his normal performance.

"He's a very important player and he will have my support until the end of the season."

nowt wrong with them quotes
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum