Yaya Toure

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Yaya Toure

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri May 08, 2015 11:44 am

I guess I am in a minority but I will be sad to see him go and I think it will be a mistake. We still miss him more than any other player when he is missing.
A truly awesome player who will be nigh on impossible to replace.
And on a side note, the talk is of us more or less giving him away as it is, so we won't be losing much if we hang on to him for one more year.
He has not been that bad this year at all.
Last edited by Piccsnumberoneblue on Fri May 08, 2015 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Dameerto » Fri May 08, 2015 1:17 pm

It's a myth that we miss him when he isn't playing in my opinion. Thanks for everything you've done for us Yaya, you can stick everything you didn't do where the sun don't shine though. (I like to be balanced).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Feed The Goat » Fri May 08, 2015 1:18 pm

Dameerto wrote:It's a myth that we miss him when he isn't playing in my opinion. Thanks for everything you've done for us Yaya, you can stick everything you didn't do where the sun don't shine though. (I like to be balanced).

It's not a myth when he was at ACON we struggled until he came back
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri May 08, 2015 1:20 pm

I think we do miss him, most of the time when he is unavailable, but that's because we have the wrong blend of players.

We shouldn't miss him at all. Sometimes we miss him when he's on the pitch.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wonderwall » Fri May 08, 2015 1:24 pm

Feed The Goat wrote:
Dameerto wrote:It's a myth that we miss him when he isn't playing in my opinion. Thanks for everything you've done for us Yaya, you can stick everything you didn't do where the sun don't shine though. (I like to be balanced).

he didnt exactly ave a massive impact when he came back though

we beat Newcastle, lost to Liverpool, beat Leicester, lost to Burnely and Barca, beat WBA, lost to Palace and the Rags, then went on our massive 3 game winning streak we are on now (of which Yaya featured in a game and half)
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Dameerto » Fri May 08, 2015 1:26 pm

Feed The Goat wrote:

Our form got worse almost a month after the Cup of Nations finished, - we only lost to Arsenal (our third loss of the entire season at that point) while the competition was being played (although we had a few draws).- the bulk of the defeats started coming in March and April
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri May 08, 2015 1:48 pm

We lack direction and presence in the middle of the park without him.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri May 08, 2015 3:52 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:We lack direction and presence in the middle of the park without him.

Very true....but we're winning.....without him.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Plain Speaking » Fri May 08, 2015 5:25 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:We lack direction and presence in the middle of the park without him.

...but not in a convincing manner, it felt like we could easily have dropped points on any of the last 3 games won.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri May 08, 2015 6:10 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

...but not in a convincing manner, it felt like we could easily have dropped points on any of the last 3 games won.

Totally agree. But the question is would we be dropping those kind of points with him in the team. We're not convincing but we haven't dropped points in the last three.
It's a good habit to have until you find your form.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri May 08, 2015 6:35 pm

On his day he's unbelievably challenging to cope with...a mountain of a man....brave, strong, very technical as well and super physical. Unlike anyone else in world football really when he's at his best. A one-man wrecking ball through the midfield. A terror. Etc, you get the point.

However, he's hot and cold, has played too much football on that large frame over the last 15 years, injury prone and has a cockface for an agent who needs to unsettle to get his last payday from probably 15 years of managing Yaya as his biggest client.

Here's a link to Seluk when he basically talked Yaya out of Barca over the course of that last season and he came to City.

http://www.totalbarca.com/tag/dimitri-seluk/

Regardless of what we want, I would bet that the Spafia want shut of Yaya because they've had to deal with this cuntface agent twice now at Barca and now City and the guy's an A-rate clown.

I won't ever forget what yaya did. And i love him for it. But i won't cry if he leaves unless we literally do nothing serious to try and fill the gap. It's a big gap, but we can figure it out.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby bigblue » Sat May 09, 2015 3:34 am

At least there will be cake:

With Touré to turn 32 on 13 May the manager smiled when asked whether the player would receive a cake. “We will think what is the best thing for him. It is important to learn from the mistakes that you have in the past,” he said.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ester-city
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Original Dub » Sat May 09, 2015 8:38 am

DoomMerchant wrote:On his day he's unbelievably challenging to cope with...a mountain of a man....brave, strong, very technical as well and super physical. Unlike anyone else in world football really when he's at his best. A one-man wrecking ball through the midfield. A terror. Etc, you get the point.

However, he's hot and cold, has played too much football on that large frame over the last 15 years, injury prone and has a cockface for an agent who needs to unsettle to get his last payday from probably 15 years of managing Yaya as his biggest client.

Here's a link to Seluk when he basically talked Yaya out of Barca over the course of that last season and he came to City.

http://www.totalbarca.com/tag/dimitri-seluk/

Regardless of what we want, I would bet that the Spafia want shut of Yaya because they've had to deal with this cuntface agent twice now at Barca and now City and the guy's an A-rate clown.

I won't ever forget what yaya did. And i love him for it. But i won't cry if he leaves unless we literally do nothing serious to try and fill the gap. It's a big gap, but we can figure it out.

cheers

I've figured out bigger gaps.

Cheers
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat May 09, 2015 8:57 am

If you listen to what his wankery agent is saying, I believe it's City who have been putting out feelers re selling Yaya, & that's what all this 'not wanted' crap has always been about. I recon we probably started contacting clubs last season & his people got wind of it.

We are hearing rumours now, that Yaya is one of the players discussed with Juve. If that's true, that's City, not Yaya.

I think we tried to do exactly what Dub suggested Ferguson does with some players; cash in.

But nobody would pay up. So he's still here.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Sat May 09, 2015 11:36 am

Ted Hughes wrote:If you listen to what his wankery agent is saying, I believe it's City who have been putting out feelers re selling Yaya, & that's what all this 'not wanted' crap has always been about. I recon we probably started contacting clubs last season & his people got wind of it.

We are hearing rumours now, that Yaya is one of the players discussed with Juve. If that's true, that's City, not Yaya.

I think we tried to do exactly what Dub suggested Ferguson does with some players; cash in.

I think we can get some decent coin for Nasri and Kolarov. JoJo is going in the bargain bin and Yaya is anyone's guess. Dzeko maybe? But no cut rate shit for him, he is a proven striker and should get just about what we paid for him.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat May 09, 2015 11:43 am

Slim wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:If you listen to what his wankery agent is saying, I believe it's City who have been putting out feelers re selling Yaya, & that's what all this 'not wanted' crap has always been about. I recon we probably started contacting clubs last season & his people got wind of it.

I think we can get some decent coin for Nasri and Kolarov. JoJo is going in the bargain bin and Yaya is anyone's guess. Dzeko maybe? But no cut rate shit for him, he is a proven striker and should get just about what we paid for him.

Both Kolarov & Dzeko were at the academy last night supporting the kids' team & fair play to them for that, but it doesn't strike me as the behaviour of two players who want to leave, so maybe if they do go, it's not by choice.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Sat May 09, 2015 12:19 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Slim wrote:

Both Kolarov & Dzeko were at the academy last night supporting the kids' team & fair play to them for that, but it doesn't strike me as the behaviour of two players who want to leave, so maybe if they do go, it's not by choice.

I think it will be the case for some players but as you said, we need to cash in, at the very least to refresh the squad. Taggart did it every year with a couple of players in and out, we need that sort of rotation.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat May 09, 2015 5:19 pm

Feed The Goat wrote:

Pretty sure the other time he went Acon we won every game while he was away. The 5 years has been here he's gone Acon 3 times. It

He has been garbage for us in the cl too. We beat Munich away without him, definitely a myth we can't win without him.

After this season I will be glad when he's gone, hope we can get something decent for him instead of a Classic Italian offer.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum