Yaya Toure

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Yaya Toure

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:22 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:Hopefully he has now played his last game for us.

Thanks for the memories Ya Ya. Last season he was incredible.

The slow pace of the Italian League will suit his aging legs.

I hate this view. He is still our most important midfielder. We are better with him than without. Not forgetting Lampard and Milner are off this summer. The only one I would keep ahead of him is Big Dave. The two Ferns, Nasri and Navas aren't fit to lace his boots.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:06 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:Hopefully he has now played his last game for us.

Thanks for the memories Ya Ya. Last season he was incredible.

The slow pace of the Italian League will suit his aging legs.

I hate this view. He is still our most important midfielder. We are better with him than without. Not forgetting Lampard and Milner are off this summer. The only one I would keep ahead of him is Big Dave. The two Ferns, Nasri and Navas aren't fit to lace his boots.
I think his legs have gone mate.

He has been blowing out of his arse for weeks.

You have to blame the manager as well though. Sat there doing fuck all, as he is struggling in the middle off the pitch. For the life of me i have been unable to comprehend why Pellegrini has persisted with him in a midfield 2 pretty much all season despite his now glaringly obvious limitations.

If you said to me he was staying, but he was going to be utilised much better. Maybe become a bit part player, a super-sub to throw on late, just behind the striker with no defensive responsibility, then I would be fine with that. I think he would be perfect for 20 minutes here and there and would score a few goals for us.

The important roll in the middle is now beyond him. Just my opinion.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby dick dastardley » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:42 pm

Metro news reporting inter have enquired about yaya and is set to move for 5.7mil in the summer, allegedly
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:56 pm

dick dastardley wrote:Metro news reporting inter have enquired about yaya and is set to move for 5.7mil in the summer, allegedly

They'll pay £5.7 million or he'll get that a year?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby dick dastardley » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:14 pm

Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:20 pm

Is that a piss take?!! £5 mill for Yaya?!!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Wooders » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:39 pm

I was expecting a low figure but still double digits - jaysus!
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:47 pm

Mase wrote:Is that a piss take?!! £5 mill for Yaya?!!!

I expect the rest of a potential transfer fee would go directly to Yaya to pay off his contract. His agent was talking bollocks the other day, inter simply don't have £200k per week
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:56 pm

I doubt there is any truth in this at all.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:04 pm

I doubt we will sell for that, but the idea he would ever have been sold for big money is, imo, utter bollocks. He was worth about 15 last season & we will do well to get 10 if we sell him now.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dameerto » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:02 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I doubt we will sell for that, but the idea he would ever have been sold for big money is, imo, utter bollocks. He was worth about 15 last season & we will do well to get 10 if we sell him now.

The big money also covers whatever (substantial) wages they would have needed to pay him.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby kinkylola » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:27 pm

I think our biggest concern re: Yaya and FFP is his salary. If we get that off our books, I think it opens up a lot of options for us. I don't believe that we would ever get big money for him.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:31 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I doubt we will sell for that, but the idea he would ever have been sold for big money is, imo, utter bollocks. He was worth about 15 last season & we will do well to get 10 if we sell him now.

Coming off last seasons title and carrying us on his shoulders he would have been worth a lot more than 15m IMHO. Double that in fact. To where tho? PSG, Russia or somewhere. 25m would have been a number most on here would have called a piss take. 15 would have been robbery.

Now? 15m seems like a gift for the old slow lazy shit disturbing cunt. How times change.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:23 am

DoomMerchant wrote:

Coming off last seasons title and carrying us on his shoulders he would have been worth a lot more than 15m IMHO. Double that in fact. To where tho? PSG, Russia or somewhere. 25m would have been a number most on here would have called a piss take. 15 would have been robbery.

Now? 15m seems like a gift for the old slow lazy shit disturbing cunt. How times change.

Cheers

People were picking figures out of thin air & claiming we could sell him for that, but never actually considering who might buy him at that price. The answer was, with ffp; nobody. There was one club who could possibly buy him; PSG. They had already earmarked players in positions they actually wanted, not luxury items. The French media interviewed Yaya & asked him about PSG & folks just made the rest up. Most of the stories I read were made up on here.

If a rich geezer has a few quid to spend & wants to make a statement rather than signing players for the team (like City with Robinho) Yaya might fetch decent money. Otherwise people need to brace themselves for the possibility he may be here next season, unless City decide just to get shot on the cheap.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:11 pm

Accounts wise, we won't need a big fee him as we will have written most if his cost off by now, and his replacement's cost will be written off over the length of his contract. The drop in wages would be handy.
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:31 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Accounts wise, we won't need a big fee him as we will have written most if his cost off by now, and his replacement's cost will be written off over the length of his contract. The drop in wages would be handy.

We could only accept a small fee if there was a deal over his wages.

He is on over £10m a year, for at least another 2 years, so a £20m liability which we would need to pay up to sell him. If someone paid us £5m and gave him £5-10m up front in lieu of his wage claim, that would sweeten the deal for everyone and the wages would be gone off the books.

If not, we can expect to pay a large chunk of his wages for the foreseeable if he left.......and as I don't see many clubs wanting to pay those sort of figures, I expect it's probably in the club's best interests overall to keep him and let his contract wind down.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:38 pm

I've got a feeling that there's a clause in Yaya's contract that says he's not guaranteed 1st team football, and bonuses to boot, after a certain period.

If he goes then good luck to him but if he stays then I reckon after a rest he'll be back to himself.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:42 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I've got a feeling that there's a clause in Yaya's contract that says he's not guaranteed 1st team football, and bonuses to boot, after a certain period.

If he goes then good luck to him but if he stays then I reckon after a rest he'll be back to himself.

We have to find a 'veteran's' role for him uf he stays imo. I'm sure he could be a useful player so long as he is played where he is an asset rather than a liability.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:47 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I've got a feeling that there's a clause in Yaya's contract that says he's not guaranteed 1st team football, and bonuses to boot, after a certain period.

We have to find a 'veteran's' role for him uf he stays imo. I'm sure he could be a useful player so long as he is played where he is an asset rather than a liability.

And that's where I think the clause is, not playing every game if fit*.

*Denotes self-certification of fitness.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:35 pm

Some reports suggesting Yaya is out for 3 weeks after having his hamstring assssed. I would feel much happier if this was nt the case.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum