Sergio Aguero

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Sergio Aguero

Postby Dameerto » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:27 am

If he's been on the steaks there will be hell to pay.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby phips » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:55 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
sheblue wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:If the real big clubs came in for him, and they were serious, he'd easily command more than Pogba.

Disagree. He'd prob go for less than Higuain. His injury record works against and, right or wrong, the fact that he lacks the personal awards would work against him

Have to agree. His injury record impacts on his 'market value'.

And Higuain's doesn't? Both the same age and Aguero has to date played over 5000 more minutes of senior football than Higuain.

how do they compare lately? maybe its "what have you done for me lately"?
Higuain sat for awhile behind people at Real.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby aaron bond » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:32 am

We sold Tevez to Juventus when he was the same age as Higuain...for £12m.

Regardless of what Aguero's market value is, if he ever wanted to leave, I'm sure we'd make it a good deal for whoever wanted him, whether through a loan or very low fee.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:52 am

phips wrote:
sheblue wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:If the real big clubs came in for him, and they were serious, he'd easily command more than Pogba.

Disagree. He'd prob go for less than Higuain. His injury record works against and, right or wrong, the fact that he lacks the personal awards would work against him

Have to agree. His injury record impacts on his 'market value'.

And Higuain's doesn't? Both the same age and Aguero has to date played over 5000 more minutes of senior football than Higuain.

how do they compare lately? maybe its "what have you done for me lately"?
Higuain sat for awhile behind people at Real.

Aguero made 44 appearances to Higuain's 42 last season, he played around 300 minutes more.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:53 am

aaron bond wrote:We sold Tevez to Juventus when he was the same age as Higuain...for £12m.

Regardless of what Aguero's market value is, if he ever wanted to leave, I'm sure we'd make it a good deal for whoever wanted him, whether through a loan or very low fee.

Yeah, just like we did with Negredo.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:14 am

aaron bond wrote:We sold Tevez to Juventus when he was the same age as Higuain...for £12m.

Valencia didn't pay a dime for him. We waived the fee to get the £32m man Otamendi for £8m instead. What a deal!
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:32 am

I Just Blue Myself wrote:

Valencia didn't pay a dime for him. We waived the fee to get the £32m man Otamendi for £8m instead. What a deal!

And what would we have paid for Otamendi if they didn't owe us the fee for Negredo?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Scatman » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:35 am

And what would we have paid for Otamendi if they didn't owe us the fee for Negredo?

£55M
Scatman

Postby aaron bond » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:35 am

Well considering how useless Otamendi is, even £8m was too much.
aaron bond

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:38 am

aaron bond wrote:

Well considering how useless Otamendi is, even £8m was too much.

I'm not going to defend his performance last season but we did buy the La Liga defender of the season, lest we forget.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:34 am

Otamendi is far from useless. People just remember the rash moments. He actually saved us many times, which the hate-hysteria mob forget.

He suffered from a lack of guidance and leadership, which hopefully will be more forthcoming now.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:35 am

Just want to make another point on the Tevez deal if I may, we sold him for £12m and saved ourselves a further £15m in wages and bonus by getting rid when we did. When you look at it that way we did alright considering we'd have got nothing for him 12 months later.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby aaron bond » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:22 am

john@staustell wrote:Otamendi is far from useless. People just remember the rash moments. He actually saved us many times, which the hate-hysteria mob forget.

He suffered from a lack of guidance and leadership, which hopefully will be more forthcoming now.

There's no hate-hysteria with me regarding Otamendi. He was generally awful last season. That was pretty clear.

A defender who has been signed by a team aiming to be the best in Europe should not need guidance to know he shouldn't dive in at every opportunity. That's basic defending.

That said, he can't really get any worse and as he doesn't appear to be leaving, I hope we see a significant improvement next season.
aaron bond

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:56 am

aaron bond wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Otamendi is far from useless. People just remember the rash moments. He actually saved us many times, which the hate-hysteria mob forget.

There's no hate-hysteria with me regarding Otamendi. He was generally awful last season. That was pretty clear.

A defender who has been signed by a team aiming to be the best in Europe should not need guidance to know he shouldn't dive in at every opportunity. That's basic defending.

That said, he can't really get any worse and as he doesn't appear to be leaving, I hope we see a significant improvement next season.

Kompany dives in just the same. Great when it works, crap when it doesn't. Course I guess they could all stand off and let them run through - so they get slated for that too.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby aaron bond » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:37 am

john@staustell wrote:
aaron bond wrote:

Kompany dives in just the same. Great when it works, crap when it doesn't. Course I guess they could all stand off and let them run through - so they get slated for that too.

Because they're the only 2 options a defender has - to dive in or let them run through. Ok...

Actually, Kompany's biggest fault is that he stands straight on when a player attacks him instead of standing side on to turn the player away from goal or on to his weaker side.

He doesn't dive in as instinctively as Otamendi, but if a defender stands straight on as a player runs towards him, you're more likely to get caught off balance, which then leads to a mistake.

But overall he's still a far better defender than Otamendi and especially can step and lead by example in big games. It's just a shame that his injury record means we can't rely on him these days.
aaron bond

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:36 pm

To compare rhe way Kompany and Otter play, and declare such a similarity is bananas.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:50 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:To compare rhe way Kompany and Otter play, and declare such a similarity is bananas.

No it ain't Piccs. Kompany tends to dive in and when he isn't fit , which is most of the time now, you can see it coming, it makes you wince and more than once he's been lucky not to get sent off.

It's unusual but I'm afraid they both do that, whatever other differences in their games
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Crossie » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:19 am

Worth mentioning that Juve matched the release fee clause in Higuain's contract.

Juve deem it worth paying that much for that player and their circumstances.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum