City v West Ham on 19th April - CHAOS

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

City v West Ham on 19th April - CHAOS

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:48 pm

Its a 13:30 kick off and its the same day as the Manchester Marathon with road closures everywhere, I have no idea how the hell I am going to get to the game as my house is surrounded by the route. I suspect trams will not be running either that day in town.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: City v West Ham on 19th April - CHAOS

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:50 pm

Wonderwall

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:06 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Its a 13:30 kick off and its the same day as the Manchester Marathon with road closures everywhere, I have no idea how the hell I am going to get to the game as my house is surrounded by the route. I suspect trams will not be running either that day in town.

Park your car outside the route and drive to Crewe?
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:09 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Its a 13:30 kick off and its the same day as the Manchester Marathon with road closures everywhere, I have no idea how the hell I am going to get to the game as my house is surrounded by the route. I suspect trams will not be running either that day in town.

"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:10 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:

I can park the car a couple of miles away and then drive the long way round to the stadium
Wonderwall

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:20 pm

It goes nowhere near Eastlands and only down Washway Road come on man go the opposite way.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:28 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

I can park the car a couple of miles away and then drive the long way round to the stadium

Sorry, misread that as an away fixture, and you'd have trouble getting to Piccadilly.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:43 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:It goes nowhere near Eastlands and only down Washway Road come on man go the opposite way.

I am surrounded by road closures, its a complete circle around me, I have been onto the metrolink though and they say normal service that day, so Happy days
Wonderwall

Postby bobby brows » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:47 pm

Fuck, great spot Wonderwall. Goes past my house which basically closes off the road. 9am Weatherspoons start for me
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:28 pm

bobby brows wrote:Fuck, great spot Wonderwall. Goes past my house which basically closes off the road. 9am Weatherspoons start for me

The 9 am start is fine but you should probably pick a better place to quench your thirst unless you are 19

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Feed The Goat » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:57 pm

Don't go to the game and come and cheer me on instead
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby bobby brows » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:02 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
bobby brows wrote:Fuck, great spot Wonderwall. Goes past my house which basically closes off the road. 9am Weatherspoons start for me

The 9 am start is fine but you should probably pick a better place to quench your thirst unless you are 19

Cheers

Other than the millstone nowhere else open at 9am on a Sunday.
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:48 am

bobby brows wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

Millstone it is then.

For what it's worth unless there is literally nowhere else to drink i think Wetherspoons are the most depressing place to have a scoop and the breakfast is awful, when i'm 80 and my pension is 20p a week i'll be all over it until then.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:06 am

lets all have a disco wrote:
bobby brows wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

Millstone it is then.

For what it's worth unless there is literally nowhere else to drink i think Wetherspoons are the most depressing place to have a scoop and the breakfast is awful, when i'm 80 and my pension is 20p a week i'll be all over it until then.

Depends on which wetherspoon TBH, some are awful, ut I have been in some good ones too. the one near me has some "Characters" that frequent the place all day every day, however, its a nice boozer.
Wonderwall

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:31 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:
bobby brows wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

Millstone it is then.

Depends on which wetherspoon TBH, some are awful, ut I have been in some good ones too. the one near me has some "Characters" that frequent the place all day every day, however, its a nice boozer.

Check into the move house/town house thread maybe? Dunno.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:59 pm

I hate it that we all just accept this kind of shit nowardays.

TV etc just rob football from fans, all round the country, which they have paid for, & twe have a quick grumble & carry on. To reschedule a game in the middle of somethihg like this, when some fans may not actually be able to attend, or have to go through all manner of shite to do so, is totally unacceptable. They should be looking at stuff like this & saying 'no it's not fair to move that game' but they don't give even a hint of a flying fuck, & we just have to lump it.

Is Dennis Skinner still alive ? We could do with a fans' union with somebody like him in charge. Organise strikes etc. Nobody buys a season ticket til two weeks into the season, & demand a reduction. Etc.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:59 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I hate it that we all just accept this kind of shit nowardays.

TV etc just rob football from fans, all round the country, which they have paid for, & twe have a quick grumble & carry on. To reschedule a game in the middle of somethihg like this, when some fans may not actually be able to attend, or have to go through all manner of shite to do so, is totally unacceptable. They should be looking at stuff like this & saying 'no it's not fair to move that game' but they don't give even a hint of a flying fuck, & we just have to lump it.

Is Dennis Skinner still alive ? We could do with a fans' union with somebody like him in charge. Organise strikes etc. Nobody buys a season ticket til two weeks into the season, & demand a reduction. Etc.

If we get back into the title race, I bet they move the QPR game to the super sunday too!! If thats the case its the manchester 10k in the city centre is on and they shut the roads in town, so no trams are running that day either! May 10th!!
Wonderwall

Postby Scatman » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:44 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:It goes nowhere near Eastlands and only down Washway Road come on man go the opposite way.

I am surrounded by road closures, its a complete circle around me, I have been onto the metrolink though and they say normal service that day, so Happy days

You live in that little bit in Alty? Fuck me, that's terrible. Can they imprison you like that? Can you park your car outside the perimeter the day before?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:36 pm

No i live in sale. But where i live there is no route out with a car. Last year i had to take a kit bag and balls and put them over my shoulder and walk to the pitch. To coach an u17 game. It was only 2k but i was fooked.
Wonderwall

Postby Feed The Goat » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:37 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I hate it that we all just accept this kind of shit nowardays.

If we get back into the title race, I bet they move the QPR game to the super sunday too!! If thats the case its the manchester 10k in the city centre is on and they shut the roads in town, so no trams are running that day either! May 10th!!

I'm bloody running that day as well. Shouldn't be too bad tho unlike the 19th if i wanna go to the game I have to run like a 3.30 marathon
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Return to The Maine Football forum