Birmingham City Ladies 0 Man City Women 0

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Birmingham City Ladies 0 Man City Women 0

Postby AFKAE » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:45 pm

I went to watch this as it's not far from where I live.

Pretty disappointing game really. Mostly concentrated in the middle third of the pitch with little action in front of either goal.

Best opportunity of the whole game went to the home team with a cracking 30 yarder that was just tipped over by Bardsley. Home team had a player sent off just before half-time after I think it was a bout of fisticuffs with Bardsley. It was given by one of the linesmen (sorry assistant referee) who was probably the person furthest away from the incident!

I thought playing against 10 and down the slope would give us the game in the second half. But it wasn't to be. Walsh had to go off with what looked like an ankle injury. Beattie moved up in to midfield and the sub played at the back. Our only decent chance in the second half came from a good run by Parris and a good cross into the middle that was met with a weak shot by Duggan. Home team probably finished the match the stronger.

General comparison, the home team were much more physical than us and I think we were probably slightly the better footballing team.
AFKAE
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Re: Birmingham City Ladies 0 Man City Women 0

Postby Dameerto » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:00 pm

Cheers for that.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:04 pm

AFKAE wrote:I went to watch this as it's not far from where I live.

Pretty disappointing game really. Mostly concentrated in the middle third of the pitch with little action in front of either goal.

Best opportunity of the whole game went to the home team with a cracking 30 yarder that was just tipped over by Bardsley. Home team had a player sent off just before half-time after I think it was a bout of fisticuffs with Bardsley. It was given by one of the linesmen (sorry assistant referee) who was probably the person furthest away from the incident!

I thought playing against 10 and down the slope would give us the game in the second half. But it wasn't to be. Walsh had to go off with what looked like an ankle injury. Beattie moved up in to midfield and the sub played at the back. Our only decent chance in the second half came from a good run by Parris and a good cross into the middle that was met with a weak shot by Duggan. Home team probably finished the match the stronger.

General comparison, the home team were much more physical than us and I think we were probably slightly the better footballing team.

Cheers for report. I believe it was seriously windy which didn't help the game much? Better result than there last season.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby AFKAE » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:56 pm

It was very windy. They had quite a bit of difficulty getting the ball to be stationary for free kicks etc.
AFKAE
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Return to The Maine Football forum