The International Break

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The International Break

Postby Spurge » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:31 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Sorry not been paying attention to the international break but have just noticed that Ross Barkley has made the squad. Can anyone advise me what he has done to merit a place? Surely excellent form dictates you making the squad? He has been anonymous all season long.

Well he did ok for England tonight when he came on. Irrespective of his club form this season he is clearly a talent - the England coaching staff are well aware of that, his undoubted but somewhat raw talent means he is in my opinion one of those few young players where his form at club level can be dismissed at international level particularly where friendly matches are concerned.

He isn't afraid to take players on, he will learn lots from games like tonight not just from the positive contributions he made but also from the negative like when and where not to take players on ( 20 yards from his own goal), when to look up when charging down the pitch on the edge of the oppo's box (even if it is Shrek making the run).

He is quick and strong with ability in abundance, nurture it and develop it now and England will surely benefit sooner rather than later.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:25 pm

Kompany's sending off was absolutely fucking pathetic. First one hd did a Zabaleta; ran into the back of a player who was going nowhere and never going to cause anyone any trouble whatsoever. Second one, he tried a shit trick up near the oppo box, lost the ball and climbed all over the bloke, 80 yards from the Belgian goals, leaving Clusterfuck with no option at all. Absolute shit.
He seemed genuinely shocked to be sent off. He has lost his marbles for some reason. Wonder if his wife has left him or something. Weird.

But that meant Denayer came on. Note: Vertonghen & Alderweirald were both on the pitch at fullback, but the coach chose to play Denayer at cb.

He was absolutely fucking immaculate. Nothing which went near him got past him, he was shouting orders at the back 4 & asking for the ball when they were in possession.

I think this lad is going straight in the squad.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:50 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Kompany's sending off was absolutely fucking pathetic. First one hd did a Zabaleta; ran into the back of a player who was going nowhere and never going to cause anyone any trouble whatsoever. Second one, he tried a shit trick up near the oppo box, lost the ball and climbed all over the bloke, 80 yards from the Belgian goals, leaving Clusterfuck with no option at all. Absolute shit.
He seemed genuinely shocked to be sent off. He has lost his marbles for some reason. Wonder if his wife has left him or something. Weird.

But that meant Denayer came on. Note: Vertonghen & Alderweirald were both on the pitch at fullback, but the coach chose to play Denayer at cb.

He was absolutely fucking immaculate. Nothing which went near him got past him, he was shouting orders at the back 4 & asking for the ball when they were in possession.

I will self combust if we lose Denayer to another team (who I thought was fuckign great) to allow that pile of shite to continue playing for us.
VK is the worst player in our squad and if we don't hurry up and sell the cunt then he will end up being worth 1 fuckign Euro.!!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby twosips » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:51 pm

Absolutely no doubt in my mind that Denayer will be in our squad next year. He just looks like a star. He's become a proper man and its fucking exciting... his rise this season has been absolutely incredible.

And no - Vinnie's still with his very attractive and very doting Manc wife.

https://twitter.com/Carla_Kompany
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:07 pm

twosips wrote:Absolutely no doubt in my mind that Denayer will be in our squad next year. He just looks like a star. He's become a proper man and its fucking exciting... his rise this season has been absolutely incredible.

Good.

Perhaps he's had his balls snipped or something then. Or become a vegitarian.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:11 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Kompany's sending off was absolutely fucking pathetic. First one hd did a Zabaleta; ran into the back of a player who was going nowhere and never going to cause anyone any trouble whatsoever. Second one, he tried a shit trick up near the oppo box, lost the ball and climbed all over the bloke, 80 yards from the Belgian goals, leaving Clusterfuck with no option at all. Absolute shit.

I will self combust if we lose Denayer to another team (who I thought was fuckign great) to allow that pile of shite to continue playing for us.
VK is the worst player in our squad and if we don't hurry up and sell the cunt then he will end up being worth 1 fuckign Euro.!!!

We won't lose Denayer, but we'd be more likely to if we ditched Kompany, who is his hero.

Vinny will be back. He's just having some kind of temporary breakdown. He'll be ok.

Rooney does it every two seasons.

Off that subject; I've watched Nir Biton at least 20 odd times now & never seen him have a bad game. He was better than Belgium's centre mids tonight & had Hazard for breakfast whenever he tried to get past him.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:24 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

We won't lose Denayer, but we'd be more likely to if we ditched Kompany, who is his hero.

Vinny will be back. He's just having some kind of temporary breakdown. He'll be ok.

Rooney does it every two seasons.

Off that subject; I've watched Nir Biton at least 20 odd times now & never seen him have a bad game. He was better than Belgium's centre mids tonight & had Hazard for breakfast whenever he tried to get past him.

Lets see how much of a hero he thinks he is when he cant get a game because Captain fuck up plays week in and week out, regardless of how SHITE he is playing.

I guarantee he wont be thinking of him in hero mode.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby twosips » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:25 pm

Celtic fans love Biton. Done the odd bit of browsing on their forum due to Denayers and Guidetti's involvement and they think him, Van Dijk and Denayer are by far their best players. Biton started poorly at Celtic but he's found his feet under Delia and it'd appear he's technically a class above the rest of the team, Denayer being the exception.

I thought he did really well in those friendlies for us. Never got why we didn't sign him really.

Whatever happened to that Omar Abdulrahman fella too for the UAE? He was fantastic.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:39 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
twosips wrote:Absolutely no doubt in my mind that Denayer will be in our squad next year. He just looks like a star. He's become a proper man and its fucking exciting... his rise this season has been absolutely incredible.

Good.

As a vegetarian myself, I think the least you could have done is to spell the word correctly.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:00 am

Apart from the sending off, which Ted described accurately above, what the feck was this supposed to be?

http://gfycat.com/EmbarrassedCoordinatedEasternnewt
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:18 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Good.

As a vegetarian myself, I think the least you could have done is to spell the word correctly.

I had you down as a vegin.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:27 am

twosips wrote:Celtic fans love Biton. Done the odd bit of browsing on their forum due to Denayers and Guidetti's involvement and they think him, Van Dijk and Denayer are by far their best players. Biton started poorly at Celtic but he's found his feet under Delia and it'd appear he's technically a class above the rest of the team, Denayer being the exception.

I thought he did really well in those friendlies for us. Never got why we didn't sign him really.

Whatever happened to that Omar Abdulrahman fella too for the UAE? He was fantastic.

Both were down to work permit problems.

The Belgian coach told Denayer to play exactly how he does for Celtic apparently. I thought perhaps that was a potential problem, as he was coming out to close down danger areas (ala Demichelis) whilst the others were all stood in a line, & had he not got there so fast, they could possibly have played someone in, but apparently that was fine.

He has now played most of a match in the San Siro, at the heart of the defence, with the team down to ten men, & made his internatiobnal debut down to ten men & sailed through both. Not a bad baptism for a 19 year old.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:39 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
twosips wrote:Celtic fans love Biton. Done the odd bit of browsing on their forum due to Denayers and Guidetti's involvement and they think him, Van Dijk and Denayer are by far their best players. Biton started poorly at Celtic but he's found his feet under Delia and it'd appear he's technically a class above the rest of the team, Denayer being the exception.

Both were down to work permit problems.

The Belgian coach told Denayer to play exactly how he does for Celtic apparently. I thought perhaps that was a potential problem, as he was coming out to close down danger areas (ala Demichelis) whilst the others were all stood in a line, & had he not got there so fast, they could possibly have played someone in, but apparently that was fine.

He has now played most of a match in the San Siro, at the heart of the defence, with the team down to ten men, & made his internatiobnal debut down to ten men & sailed through both. Not a bad baptism for a 19 year old.

Nailed on as a key player for City next season
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby twosips » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:43 am

I really hope you're both right. He'll be the first through our academy properly in a while. He'll actually give confidence to others that they can do it as well and he'll hopefully set the precedent that our academy badly needs.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby PrezIke » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:56 am

blues2win wrote:Extraordinary video of Vinny playing keepy uppy about 5 times and then volleying a shot from 40 yards miles over the bar.

http://gfycat.com/EmbarrassedCoordinatedEasternnewt
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:20 am

blues2win wrote:Extraordinary video of Vinny playing keepy uppy about 5 times and then volleying a shot from 40 yards miles over the bar.

http://gfycat.com/EmbarrassedCoordinate ... asternnewt

At least he tried.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby PrezIke » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:09 pm

2) Kompany becoming a liability for club and country

The phrase ‘an uncharacteristic error from Vincent Kompany’ became redundant at some point this season, or possibly even last, as the number of the Manchester City skipper’s mistakes grew to such an extent that his supporters/apologists could no longer blame Martín Demichelis or Eliaquim Mangala. Kompany had an eventful evening during Belgium’s aforementioned qualifier against Israel in Tel Aviv too, firstly going slightly rogue by attempting a few keepie-uppies near the centre circle before launching an implausible volley from around 45 yards that sailed way over the bar – safe to say a pass would probably have been the better option there. And then, with Belgium only 1-0 up, Kompany managed to get himself sent off for two yellow cards, the second coming after losing the ball with a stepover attempt and then trying to retrieve the situation by grabbing Eran Zahavi around the shoulders. Kompany looked stunned by the decision by Mark Clattenburg, but this left his team half an hour to survive in a qualifying match with 10 men, which they did, but it was hardly the work of a responsible captain. This used to be a defender on whom anyone could rely, his mistakes rare and his temperament steady, but not these days – Kompany has now become a liability for both club and country. Nick Miller
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:41 pm

PrezIke wrote:
2) Kompany becoming a liability for club and country

The phrase ‘an uncharacteristic error from Vincent Kompany’ became redundant at some point this season, or possibly even last, as the number of the Manchester City skipper’s mistakes grew to such an extent that his supporters/apologists could no longer blame Martín Demichelis or Eliaquim Mangala. Kompany had an eventful evening during Belgium’s aforementioned qualifier against Israel in Tel Aviv too, firstly going slightly rogue by attempting a few keepie-uppies near the centre circle before launching an implausible volley from around 45 yards that sailed way over the bar – safe to say a pass would probably have been the better option there. And then, with Belgium only 1-0 up, Kompany managed to get himself sent off for two yellow cards, the second coming after losing the ball with a stepover attempt and then trying to retrieve the situation by grabbing Eran Zahavi around the shoulders. Kompany looked stunned by the decision by Mark Clattenburg, but this left his team half an hour to survive in a qualifying match with 10 men, which they did, but it was hardly the work of a responsible captain. This used to be a defender on whom anyone could rely, his mistakes rare and his temperament steady, but not these days – Kompany has now become a liability for both club and country. Nick Miller

The apologists hes referring to must be the same cunts on this site.......
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:21 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Good.

I had you down as a vegin.

Nice riposte old chum.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:31 pm

twosips wrote:I really hope you're both right. He'll be the first through our academy properly in a while. He'll actually give confidence to others that they can do it as well and he'll hopefully set the precedent that our academy badly needs.

The media will go into melt-down if one of our youngsters has the skill and temerity to actually dare establish himself in the first team, in spite of everything derisory they've said and written about our youth development system and facilities.

The Thames will be full of bodies floating slowly downstream........

Can't wait.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum