The International Break

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The International Break

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:52 pm

Dameerto wrote:Kin ell, has he even been on the pitch for a minute? Talk about the Midas touch.

Sign him Up

Cityzen Kane!
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:30 pm

England U21s scored a very nice victory over Germany tonight, twice coming from behind to win 3-2 & all this done without the help of Greg Dyke, Rio Ferdinand or Danny Mills. Quite remarkable.

So Phil neville on commentary telling us how they should find space for Harry Kane, Berahino & some other fucker, for the U21 championships in the summer, 'you have to find a spot for your best players'.

So Harry, will finish a long season, and instead of lying on a beach, he plays a full tournament, then has a quick break, then another full season, then off to the Euros with the full England team. And if he's fucked, or injured, that will of course be because he didn't have Christmas off.

Phil Neville, unsurprisingly, is right behind Greg Dyke's idea.

These people are fucking idiots.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:17 am

Ted Hughes wrote:England U21s scored a very nice victory over Germany tonight, twice coming from behind to win 3-2 & all this done without the help of Greg Dyke, Rio Ferdinand or Danny Mills. Quite remarkable.

So Phil neville on commentary telling us how they should find space for Harry Kane, Berahino & some other fucker, for the U21 championships in the summer, 'you have to find a spot for your best players'.

So Harry, will finish a long season, and instead of lying on a beach, he plays a full tournament, then has a quick break, then another full season, then off to the Euros with the full England team. And if he's fucked, or injured, that will of course be because he didn't have Christmas off.

Phil Neville, unsurprisingly, is right behind Greg Dyke's idea.

These people are fucking idiots.

To be fair to Harry Kane, he said in an interview a few weeks ago that HE wants to go to the championship with th U21's. Credit to the lad, he is playing the best football of his life and he just wants to continue playing football. We have a much better chance of winning the U21 tournament (now pearce isnt in charge), so let him play if thats his wish.
Wonderwall

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:00 am

I've just seen a tv, & Pearce is there with Curbishley; he want's Kane, Shelvey, Wilshire, Oxlade Chamberlain & Phil fucking Jones in the team.

So these lads who have just beat Germany can all just fuck off, & sit on the bench. THEIR development as internationals doesn't matter. It's all about bigger names & trying to win the tournament, which of course is the most important thing & why we have U21s.

Stupid fucking bastards. This is the attitude which has ruined the development of kids in this country for decades.

City would take a bunch of 18 year olds & come close to winning it.

Thank fuck we have got all of these kind of morons out of our club.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:14 am

Ahh SP, the tactical genius of "whacking the ball into the channels, and everybody work hard" alongside some fist clenching, back slapping and screaming passion. That's really served us well in football since 1990 hasn't it?!

Is this the longest international break known to man ffs. Bored shitless and waiting for some meaningful football again, rather than the bloody tedium of this past 10 days.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:18 am

Goaters 103 wrote:Ahh SP, the tactical genius of "whacking the ball into the channels, and everybody work hard" alongside some fist clenching, back slapping and screaming passion. That's really served us well in football since 1990 hasn't it?!

Is this the longest international break known to man ffs. Bored shitless and waiting for some meaningful football again, rather than the bloody tedium of this past 10 days.

Both have Andros Townsend in the team for tonight. As he needs a game.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:54 am

1 Thing that Pearce did that I liked and agreed with and wish Pellers would do is, if we are losing and the opposition get a corner, get our pacey players out of our own box and towards the halfway line.
Wonderwall

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:44 am

Hughes often used to do that & get slaughtered for it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:47 am

Wonderwall wrote:1 Thing that Pearce did that I liked and agreed with and wish Pellers would do is, if we are losing and the opposition get a corner, get our pacey players out of our own box and towards the halfway line.

It was the only desperate chance in hell to score.

What else was he supposed to do...touchline pony? I mean that would never work.....

oh, hang on.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby nottsblue » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:37 pm

Wonderwall wrote:1 Thing that Pearce did that I liked and agreed with and wish Pellers would do is, if we are losing and the opposition get a corner, get our pacey players out of our own box and towards the halfway line.

I have never understood the concept of having everyone back to defend a corner. If we had one forward in the centre circle and one between the 18yard box and centre circle the opposition have to leave a minimum three defenders back, thus nullifying their attacking threat. We ourselves have probably conceded more from our own corners than we have scored from.

Attack is the first line of defence and all that
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:30 pm

nottsblue wrote:

I have never understood the concept of having everyone back to defend a corner. If we had one forward in the centre circle and one between the 18yard box and centre circle the opposition have to leave a minimum three defenders back, thus nullifying their attacking threat. We ourselves have probably conceded more from our own corners than we have scored from.

If wed had jayko or adebayor not defending many corners we'd have conceded a shit ton over the years. Ade esp was brilliant defending corners.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:43 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

If wed had jayko or adebayor not defending many corners we'd have conceded a shit ton over the years. Ade esp was brilliant defending corners.

Cheers

yes but we have Navas, Aguero, Silva, happy, Grumpy, Sneezy and Doc!
Wonderwall

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:54 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Cheers

Perhaps we ought to have converted him to a centre-half.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:59 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Cheers

Joke away keyboard-music lover but he was really honestly one of the best defending forwards I've ever seen.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:12 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Cheers

Joke away keyboard-music lover but he was really honestly one of the best defending forwards I've ever seen.

Cheers

Has he struck a chord?

Sláinte
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:17 pm

Sorry not been paying attention to the international break but have just noticed that Ross Barkley has made the squad. Can anyone advise me what he has done to merit a place? Surely excellent form dictates you making the squad? He has been anonymous all season long.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:24 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Sorry not been paying attention to the international break but have just noticed that Ross Barkley has made the squad. Can anyone advise me what he has done to merit a place? Surely excellent form dictates you making the squad? He has been anonymous all season long.

Everton shop window perhaps? Who knows.

The US team I'm watching playing the Swiss right now is dire.

Michael Bradley is a bald cunt who gives other bald cunts a bad name. A complete joker like Donovan before him. An absolute shithouse when confronted with actual quality and the reason america will never win shit because we embrace dickweeds like this turd.

Watch him score a hat trick now...but he'd still suck ass.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Wooders » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:34 pm

I always used to like it when Pearce relied on a little toy donkey for us to win games
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:33 pm

Exciting lineup for England tonight.

Harry Kane, starting.

Phil Jones in midfield.

Might record it just in case it's worth watching again.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:16 pm

Hart in no mans land for that goal....fuckign shite positioning.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum