Rules Changes, what have you got?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Rules Changes, what have you got?

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:43 am

Following on from the technlogy challenge thread, it got me thinking about new rules.

I have another total headfuck that happens every game and gets me wound up. I would introduce a rule against the opposition players touching the ball in a negative way after a decision has been given.

That means:
* you cannot toe end the ball away playfully but not too far as to get a yellow.
* you cannot stand on top of the ball to stop a quick free kick
* you cannot pick the ball up and run back into your position and then throw it back towards where the free kick/throw in is taking pace
* you must return the ball back to the centre circle after a goal has been scored without delay. None of this holding onto it like a fucking 4 year old
* you cannot launch the ball into the stands after a decision has been made (goal included if your team is still winning)

There is literally NO NEED for an opposing player to touch the ball after a decision is given against them, unless they are trying to gain an advantage or just be a petty twat.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Rules Changes, what have you got?

Postby twosips » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:52 am

Honestly can't say that that really irks me so i'd be indifferent to that.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:54 am

The one change I would love to see is two halves of thirty mins with a clock that stops as the ball goes out of play and restarts again as the game restarts.
We would get to see more actual football action and it negates time wasting.
We hear that 30 seconds is added for a substitution, but how often do we see 5 or 6 in the second half, equating to three minutes, but after enduring endless time wasting, just 4 mins are added. Or the player going off shambling from one side of the pitch to the other at snails pace?
Not forgetting the relatively new 'add 45 seconds for a goal' rule first revealed t the swamp in the 4-3 game.
Essentially time wasting is rewarded.
Teams would still try and break up the flow of the game, but there wouldn't be a double reward for feigning injury and arsing about over every throw in or goal kick.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:04 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:The one change I would love to see is two halves of thirty mins with a clock that stops as the ball goes out of play and restarts again as the game restarts.
We would get to see more actual football action and it negates time wasting.
We hear that 30 seconds is added for a substitution, but how often do we see 5 or 6 in the second half, equating to three minutes, but after enduring endless time wasting, just 4 mins are added. Or the player going off shambling from one side of the pitch to the other at snails pace?
Not forgetting the relatively new 'add 45 seconds for a goal' rule first revealed t the swamp in the 4-3 game.
Essentially time wasting is rewarded.
Teams would still try and break up the flow of the game, but there wouldn't be a double reward for feigning injury and arsing about over every throw in or goal kick.

Agreed, accurate time keeping would also be good. I was shocked at exactly how much the ball was in play when the times were first shown.
Wonderwall

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:16 am

the clock thing I hate. Makes it a different sport in my opinion.

As for the ball at fk's etc just increase the cards. No rule change just harsher enforcement.

Rule changes ruin games. We sit and reminisce about good old days yet want to bastardize the game further? No thanks.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby twosips » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:21 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:the clock thing I hate. Makes it a different sport in my opinion.

As for the ball at fk's etc just increase the cards. No rule change just harsher enforcement.

Rule changes ruin games. We sit and reminisce about good old days yet want to bastardize the game further? No thanks.

+1

I like having something to bitch about.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Scatman » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:36 am

We need a rule that stops foreign owners spending all their hard earned cash on our game, improving it immeasurably, whilst at the same time allowing other teams foreign owners spending someone else's money and it somehow ending up in their own back pocket.

That and goalies not taking offside freekicks where the linesman is pointing.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:37 am

It doesn't need to change the game. It's just about ensuring we get the correct amount of time. Ball goes out, stop the clock, game restarts, so does the clock.
Time wasting and fannying about drives most of us nuts, it's even more pronounced in Euro games. Exactly as we discuss on this forum very often.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:40 am

Referees to be accountable at the end of games and conduct interviews.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:41 am

A couple of things Id change.

The timekeeper shouldn't be the ref, it should be another official. The clock should stop whenever theres blatant timewasting, any injuries, excessive goal celebrations etc. An official in the stand or on the sideline should be solely in charge of the time of the game giving the ref less to worry about.

Substitutions. - You are permitted 7 subs on the bench, why can only 3 be used? Id say a minimum of 5 if you want to use them or not. In one sided games it would allow managers to empty their bench a bit more and give gametime to more players when he has the chance.

Blatant obstruction by defenders shielding a ball over the dead ball line. They aren't playing the ball at all, they are obstructing another player from being able to play the ball. Its a foul and should be judged as so.
Last edited by Goaters 103 on Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Scatman » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:41 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:It doesn't need to change the game. It's just about ensuring we get the correct amount of time. Ball goes out, stop the clock, game restarts, so does the clock.
Time wasting and fannying about drives most of us nuts, it's even more pronounced in Euro games. Exactly as we discuss on this forum very often.

But how would our loved ones know what time we would be home? People would end up leaving the ground early.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:48 am

Goaters 103 wrote:A couple of things Id change.

The timekeeper shouldn't be the ref, it should be another official. The clock should stop whenever theres blatant timewasting, any injuries, excessive goal celebrations etc. An official in the stand or on the sideline should be solely in charge of the time of the game giving the ref less to worry about.

Substitutions. - You are permitted 7 subs on the bench, why can only 3 be used? Id say a minimum of 5 if you want to use them or not. In one sided games it would allow managers to empty their bench a bit more and give gametime to more players when he has the chance.

Blatant obstruction by defenders shielding a ball over the dead ball line. They aren't playing the ball at all, they are obstructing another player from being able to play the ball. Its a foul and should be judged as so.

I would go along with these even though I think 7 subs would be a bit silly but an independent timekeeper sounds good. It should also be made 100% clear how long is added for goals and substitutions as we all know there is absolutely no consistency in this area.

Going back to the original post I would love to see all forms of cheating cut out.All the ones mentioned plus stealing 10 yards or more on free kicks and throw ins. It's all done so automatically now players don't even realise they are doing it I would guess. It's crazy when you see someone deliberately steal as much yardage as they can and then play/throw the ball backwards anyway.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:59 am

Any cunt with a Devil on the shirt is politely asked to Fcuk off.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:07 pm

The simple rule which Rugby has, which again as on the other thread, I was discussing with a rag mate, & we both thought it would solve many problems, is that only the Captain can talk to the referee.

For some reason, we have this tradition in football that the refs 'shouldn't be like robots' & should have some kind of running banter with the players. What a load of horseshit.

If nobody is allowed to challenge the ref, other than the captain, then it takes away 90% of the pressure & he can get o with his job.

And the funny thing is that refs in Rugby have much more dialogue with the players anyway, as the game goes on; they warn players of possible infringements they are close to committing & warn the captains of possible consequences if certain players persist.

If a ref tells some twat like Rooney, he's got his eye on Fellaini's dangerous arm waving tricks, or warns the scouse captain about Skrtel's shirt pulling, then it puts the onus on the captain to get his player in order. He can hardly complain if the ref then sends the player off or gives a penalty, if he's already told them it's on the cards.

It becomes their responsibility to get their team in order & obey the rules, not for the ref to allow them to get away with pushing the boundaries. That would be fantastic in football, & could address most of the major issues; cheating, shirt pulling, timewasting etc etc.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:10 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:A couple of things Id change.

I would go along with these even though I think 7 subs would be a bit silly but an independent timekeeper sounds good. It should also be made 100% clear how long is added for goals and substitutions as we all know there is absolutely no consistency in this area.

Going back to the original post I would love to see all forms of cheating cut out.All the ones mentioned plus stealing 10 yards or more on free kicks and throw ins. It's all done so automatically now players don't even realise they are doing it I would guess. It's crazy when you see someone deliberately steal as much yardage as they can and then play/throw the ball backwards anyway.

I suggested a while back that it would be good if extra subs could be used, but only if they are academy players. That would go a lot further towards the outcome Dyke 'says' he is trying to achieve.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby mr_nool » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:13 pm

I guess this goes along with Ted's rugby idea above:
Yellow card for all and everyone crowding the ref. No discussions, just pull up the yellow card as soon as players start closing in.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:15 pm

What about those two useless twats also known as assistant referees in Euro games that stand next to the penalty area.I would love to know the EXACT rule they are there to officiate as I have seen them blatantly ignore things. I think I have only ever seen one instance where they were involved in a decision in the 1000's of hours I have watched international and European football.

If you are going to employ them, then give them the autonomy to give a penalty FFS
Wonderwall

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:16 pm

mr_nool wrote:I guess this goes along with Ted's rugby idea above:
Yellow card for all and everyone crowding the ref. No discussions, just pull up the yellow card as soon as players start closing in.

ha ha, I have visions of the ref holding his hand high with a yellow card and doing a pirouette, thus leaving 3 chelsea players on the pitch ;-)
Wonderwall

Postby mr_nool » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:25 pm

I also think the ref should have a paintball gun. Just shoot the person committing a foul if you want to give advantage. This minimizes the risk of mistaken identity.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:54 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
mr_nool wrote:I guess this goes along with Ted's rugby idea above:

ha ha, I have visions of the ref holding his hand high with a yellow card and doing a pirouette, thus leaving 3 chelsea players on the pitch ;-)

Well I guess This ties in with Ted's and Mr Nool. I agree about the captain talking to the ref. The ref. in rugby carries much more respect and is much more positively involved. He also communicates with his other officials a lot better and in football this should have included the other two berks behind the goals in the Euros but that never seemed to materialise. They do nothing. Yellow cards should be dished out for anyone remonstrating with the officials and some kind of sin bin for 10 mins. idea is something I think could be looked at. Maybe 2nd technical yellow rather than foul play could get you sin binned. Going down a man for periods of the game due to ill discipline might sort it out.
In Gaelic football which is much more physical they now have a system of having your name taken, a yellow card, a black card and a red card for various different degrees of offence. I think yellows are dished out so easily in football that keeping 11 men on the pitch in the cleanest of games can be difficult when you throw in all the rest of the problems mentioned.
The separate time keeping official is a good idea.

In essence I think there are simple changes that could enhance the officiating of the game, without even discussing the likes of TMO's. Maybe these need to be done first to get some integrity back with the officials. Then there might not be as much suspicion about introducing technology.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum