Rules Changes, what have you got?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Rules Changes, what have you got?

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:05 am

Michael Brookes wrote:5 min sin bin for all yellow cards.

I like the "power play" concept. Rugby has is already, right?

I think looking no further than the NHL is a good model for rules tweaking. They've done well in a touch climate IMHO.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:43 am

mr_nool wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Players staying down after a challenge should be taken/carried off the pitch immediately and not be allowed back on the pitch for a fixed amount of time, let's say five minutes.

This suggestion would of course be moot if we got with Picc's suggestion about effective time.

Another one that making a rule could ruin games. Players get hurt in non sending off challenges all the time. Why should me getting hurt by your foul cost my team 5 mins?

Simply use rules already in place to punish time wasters. The ones that spring back up, make them wait or card them,

I think you would find that a lot less players would be "injured" if they had to wait a few minutes by the side of the pitch before being allowed back into play.

I raised this issue on here a while ago and it was also on twitter when the guardian were asking about possible changes to rules.

I genuinely think if a player fouls another player and it leads to treatment being required, then that offending player should also have to leave the field of play for the duration of the treatment or a maximum of 2 minutes.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby dazby » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:14 pm

Extra time = 1 extra sub.

Inside the 10m for a free kick and interfering. Yellow.

Caught diving and appealing for a pen by an independent panel. Loss of weekly wage which is put into grass roots football. The club has to pay the same amount too.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:17 pm

dazby wrote:Extra time = 1 extra sub.

Caught diving and appealing for a pen by an independent panel. Loss of weekly wage which is put into grass roots football. The club has to pay the same amount too.

Have to say of all the suggestion for change this is by far the best of an otherwise bad bunch. I wouldn't kick up a fuss over any of these.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:23 pm

3-match ban. Do it again 6-match ban. 3 different players from the same club caught doing it then a 5 points deduction for the club.

Diving outside the box 2-match ban, do it again 4 matches. 3 players caught doing it 3 points deduction for the club.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Scatman » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:44 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

3-match ban. Do it again 6-match ban. 3 different players from the same club caught doing it then a 5 points deduction for the club.

Diving outside the box 2-match ban, do it again 4 matches. 3 players caught doing it 3 points deduction for the club.

What would you do about the incidents where there is contact but they go down anyway?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:49 pm

Scatman wrote:

What would you do about the incidents where there is contact but they go down anyway?

The independent panel makes the choice. but as I mentioned somewhere, this really has to be an independent panel of ex-pros from all clubs, not only former rags & liverpool players.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:53 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
Scatman wrote:

The independent panel makes the choice. but as I mentioned somewhere, this really has to be an independent panel of ex-pros from all clubs, not only former rags & liverpool players.

This.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Scatman » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:14 pm

what about challenges that are actually fouls, but the only thing amiss is the player screaming far too loud in an attempt to make it look more serious than it actually is?

Will you do anything about the players who go down clutching a different part of their body than the one that has had contact made with it?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:38 pm

Scatman wrote:

what about challenges that are actually fouls, but the only thing amiss is the player screaming far too loud in an attempt to make it look more serious than it actually is?

Will you do anything about the players who go down clutching a different part of their body than the one that has had contact made with it?

That comes under simulation I guess so there'd be bans for that as well. But it's the diving that's my main concern.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:47 pm

Mentioned this before on here. I honestly can't see why Blatter and co haven't thought of this.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:55 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:

Mentioned this before on here. I honestly can't see why Blatter and co haven't thought of this.

Maybe there is a feeling that the more subs allowed favours the richer clubs who can stockpile top players.

Again it would imo be a good idea if any extra subs were homegrown players.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:45 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

Maybe there is a feeling that the more subs allowed favours the richer clubs who can stockpile top players.

Most games that go to extra time are knockout stages of tournaments. Chances are both teams are doing ok. Exceptions to that obviously, but mostly teams of similar ability.
Pretty Boy Lee

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:48 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

Most games that go to extra time are knockout stages of tournaments. Chances are both teams are doing ok. Exceptions to that obviously, but mostly teams of similar ability.

Exactly. One extra sub for an extra third of the game sounds logical. It also has health and safety benefits, as it prevents players carrying injuries from over-pushing themselves once all 3 subs have been used.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:34 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

Have to say of all the suggestion for change this is by far the best of an otherwise bad bunch. I wouldn't kick up a fuss over any of these.

i agree. it was surprisingly awesome.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby bigblue » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:08 am

1. If you fake to be injured, you get caned in the spot that you were holding.

2. If your club milks a tragedy for commercial gain, you get relegated to the Conference.

3. If two goals are scored within the same minute: Multiball
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only

Postby Slim » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:19 am

bigblue wrote:1. If you fake to be injured, you get caned in the spot that you were holding.

2. If your club milks a tragedy for commercial gain, you get relegated to the Conference.

3. If two goals are scored within the same minuute: Multiball

If we only get one rule...
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby gillie » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:37 am

Wonderwall wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Players staying down after a challenge should be taken/carried off the pitch immediately and not be allowed back on the pitch for a fixed amount of time, let's say five minutes.

This suggestion would of course be moot if we got with Picc's suggestion about effective time.

Another one that making a rule could ruin games. Players get hurt in non sending off challenges all the time. Why should me getting hurt by your foul cost my team 5 mins?

Simply use rules already in place to punish time wasters. The ones that spring back up, make them wait or card them,

I think you would find that a lot less players would be "injured" if they had to wait a few minutes by the side of the pitch before being allowed back into play.

I raised this issue on here a while ago and it was also on twitter when the guardian were asking about possible changes to rules.

I genuinely think if a player fouls another player and it leads to treatment being required, then that offending player should also have to leave the field of play for the duration of the treatment or a maximum of 2 minutes.

Bob that is my biggest bug bear of all an injured player has to leave the field after on-field treatment but the player who injured him stays on fucking daftest rule in football imo.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:03 pm

gillie wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

Bob that is my biggest bug bear of all an injured player has to leave the field after on-field treatment but the player who injured him stays on fucking daftest rule in football imo.

Yet we have people saying to keep that player there for longer?

This is my issue with rule changes, none of them are guranteed to make the game better, yet most can be exploited. We have the greatest game of all, leave it that way.
Pretty Boy Lee

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:31 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Let we have people saying to keep that player there for longer?

This is my issue with rule changes, none of them are guranteed to make the game better, yet most can be exploited. We have the greatest game of all, leave it that way.

I totally agree. Although I feel the ref's get it wrong, the thought of non-quite so retrospective refereeing gets my goat. If it's already exploited then the truth is that it would probably be exploited more.

Imagine the in-game outcome of the alleged Adebayor stamp on Parker, or anything to do against the Rags, like Wiggy lie(ing) on the floor against us when he waited for the Kompany yellow card. It'd be carnage for the more unpopular teams.

No change there then.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum