Rules Changes, what have you got?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Rules Changes, what have you got?

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:14 pm

Another rule change I'd make is that 'nationality' for UEFA squads should be abolished in favour of something like 'people from the UEFA region', as, at the moment, the EU being a political bloc favours countries within it, who have an 'EU' quota instead of a 'national' quota, and discriminates against clubs from non-EU nations. There shouldn't be accommodations provided for political allegiances in football.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:00 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Michael Brookes wrote:5 min sin bin for all yellow cards.

I like the "power play" concept. Rugby has is already, right?

I think looking no further than the NHL is a good model for rules tweaking. They've done well in a touch climate IMHO.

Cheers

I'd couple the 5 mins sinbin, with the external time keeper, stopping the watch when the game is stopped, otherwise this would be abused also, by time wasting.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:03 pm

Exactly. Triple reward for time wasting at that point.
I truly believe that a stopping clock negates most of the irritating aspects of the game, as well as giving us extra value for money.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:48 am

What about the supporters who turn-up late or leave early, surely we can puts some rules in place for them?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:08 am

Power play, sin bin, stopping clocks.

Am I being punked or something?
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:29 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:What about the supporters who turn-up late or leave early, surely we can puts some rules in place for them?

Lock the turnstiles.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby carolina-blue » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:46 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:What about the supporters who turn-up late or leave early, surely we can puts some rules in place for them?

Lock the turnstiles.

Only fair that they should be given time to get home . then the start the clock so they dont miss anything .
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby nottsblue » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:28 pm

Some cracking thoughts here. Just a couple extra.

Only people who are fouled are allowed to take a penalty kick, unless it's handball, then the player who shot/crossed gets to take it. Would make for some interesting penalties I reckon. Seeing as how we don't seem to get what's due to us, it wouldn't be a rule that would affect us either

Do away with penalty shoot outs. Instead start extra time with eleven men and every five minutes each side loses a player. It's next goal wins so hopefully we would see more adventurous sides progressing. At present a lot of games that go to extra time are dull as. Be interesting if it got as far as five or six aside.

I like the idea of extra subs. I would allow a match day squad of 22/23 players with still the regulation 3 subs allowed, but allow an extra 3 for under 21 players only and one more for serious injury. A bigger squad on the bench gives more younger lads the match day experience and over a couple of months they will all surely get a bit of first team action, even if it's just five or ten minutes at the end of a game. Would keep the squad fresher as players can get rotated better

Do away with the silly yellow cards for players celebrating with the crowd or taking their shirts off. Football can be a highly emotional sport at times and goalscorers can get caught up in moment sometimes. It doesn't hurt anyone, doesn't waste time if correct procedures are followed and I for one like to see a bit of passion in my players. It's almost as if administrators like Blatter have never played the game....

Take time keeping away from referees or fourth officials. An Independent panel can do this quite easily. Other sports have taken this on board and mastered it fairly easily, football should be no different. All it needs is a clock counting down. This is stopped for subs and goals and serious injury. A goalkeeper taking more than the allotted time for a kick or a player taking a free kick can be easily penalised. The time keeper simply sends a message to the ref if it takes more than, say seven seconds, and the clock is stopped and a foul awarded to the opposition. Goalies would soon hurry up
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:11 pm

nottsblue wrote:I like the idea of extra subs. I would allow a match day squad of 22/23 players with still the regulation 3 subs allowed, but allow an extra 3 for under 21 players only and one more for serious injury. A bigger squad on the bench gives more younger lads the match day experience and over a couple of months they will all surely get a bit of first team action, even if it's just five or ten minutes at the end of a game. Would keep the squad fresher as players can get rotated better

I think this would have the unintended consequence of removing those players from the matchday squad in the EDS, and therefore would mean that these players get less game time full stop.

On your point about players removing their shirts, do you realise that the entire premise behind that rule is financial, in that clubs themselves most likely wholeheartedly support that rule, as it is on the scoring of the goal that the shirt sponsor gets the most exposure. Of course by removing the shirt, the exposure is vastly reduced. It's a non-footballing rule that should absolutely be thrown out, but I expect is here to stay.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:50 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
nottsblue wrote:I like the idea of extra subs. I would allow a match day squad of 22/23 players with still the regulation 3 subs allowed, but allow an extra 3 for under 21 players only and one more for serious injury. A bigger squad on the bench gives more younger lads the match day experience and over a couple of months they will all surely get a bit of first team action, even if it's just five or ten minutes at the end of a game. Would keep the squad fresher as players can get rotated better

I think this would have the unintended consequence of removing those players from the matchday squad in the EDS, and therefore would mean that these players get less game time full stop.

On your point about players removing their shirts, do you realise that the entire premise behind that rule is financial, in that clubs themselves most likely wholeheartedly support that rule, as it is on the scoring of the goal that the shirt sponsor gets the most exposure. Of course by removing the shirt, the exposure is vastly reduced. It's a non-footballing rule that should absolutely be thrown out, but I expect is here to stay.

It wouldn't make any difference to the game time of the EDS players as, for a start, it wouldn't be the same players every week & also many of them are U18s,U19s and there are a variety of tournaments they can play in, so they end up having to be left out of games at youth level anyway.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:34 am

The problem with extra subs is that essentially it requires more quality through a bigger squad. This will always favour the bigger, wealthier clubs, and it's not like they need anymore help is it?
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:05 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:The problem with extra subs is that essentially it requires more quality through a bigger squad. This will always favour the bigger, wealthier clubs, and it's not like they need anymore help is it?

One extra sub for extra time situations will affect clubs maybe once every two seasons, on average, and international teams maybe once every other major international tournament. It will be of immense benefit to players who could carry a niggle to the end of 90 minutes but will do major damage playing to 120. It would also allow clubs down to 10 men due to having used their 3 subs prior to an injury to go back up to 11 after 90 minutes, ensuring that the extra 30 is not a dull one-sided affair with one team hoping to hold out until penalties.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:38 am

Get rid of international breaks during the club season.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:52 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Get rid of international breaks during the club season.

And play them when the players are resting for the upcoming season.???

YOU FUCKING SPASTIC!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:06 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Get rid of international breaks during the club season.

YOU FUCKING SPASTIC!

Oh fuck off shouty, you fucking twat.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:18 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

YOU FUCKING SPASTIC!

Come on Einstein , what other KAK ideas do you have.....there must be some fuckign crackers in that armory of yours,
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:27 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

YOU FUCKING SPASTIC!

Come on Einstein , what other KAK ideas do you have.....there must be some fuckign crackers in that armory of yours,

What is it that makes you so angry Carl, small man syndrome? Little dick? In the closet?

Whatever it is there are numbers you can ring and people on the other end of then lines that can help you with your issues.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:12 am

I'd prefer the idea of leagues continuing through international breaks, like they do (or used to do?) in rugby, and do for AFCON. This would level-the-playing-field a bit for smaller clubs, and force bigger clubs to blood youngsters.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:15 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:

I'd prefer the idea of leagues continuing through international breaks, like they do (or used to do?) in rugby, and do for AFCON. This would level-the-playing-field a bit for smaller clubs, and force bigger clubs to blood youngsters.

That would wipe us out!
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:25 am

Wonderwall wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

That would wipe us out!

It would also give quite a few youngsters maybe four games per season, and take out at least 4 players from each PL club, with more from the bigger clubs. The only problem I could see would be with goalkeepers, especially if U21s are playing at the same time, with maybe 3 or 4 keepers being called up from some clubs. It'd be just our luck that Richard Wright would make his way back into the England setup, too...

One effect would also be a fair few players retiring from international football earlier (at 30 or 31, say), in order to maintain their potential value to clubs and increase their wages.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum