The Last Hurrah - From The MEN

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Last Hurrah - From The MEN

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:45 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Seems to me that they're bigging up the Rags (after spending how much?) while saying we're past it. Personally I think it's a City article trying to gee up the Rags, an opinion piece written by a smiling Rag believing this is the end of the Blue revolution.

Yes, we'll make changes but do Blues really think it's in our best interests to change the majority of the squad? Hopefully the hierarchy won't think the same as we could end up like the Rags, Spurs or Arse, fighting for the Wenger trophy every year.

Natural wastage, better replacements, that's what I want to see, keeping an excellent spine through and through.

I think we will see about 8 out....of which some of those like Micah, lamps and Sinclair are already gonzo.

I think the real two that I expect to leave are Jojo and Nasri. And possibly Yaya.

And I'm fine with all that.

Cheers

Same thoughts mate, only a couple of our first team will actually leave with a couple moving to the bench.

I'm with you....figuratively.
Bring in 3 that are definite first team upgrades and promote from within the youth.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:19 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Seems to me that they're bigging up the Rags (after spending how much?) while saying we're past it. Personally I think it's a City article trying to gee up the Rags, an opinion piece written by a smiling Rag believing this is the end of the Blue revolution.

Yes, we'll make changes but do Blues really think it's in our best interests to change the majority of the squad? Hopefully the hierarchy won't think the same as we could end up like the Rags, Spurs or Arse, fighting for the Wenger trophy every year.

Natural wastage, better replacements, that's what I want to see, keeping an excellent spine through and through.

I think we will see about 8 out....of which some of those like Micah, lamps and Sinclair are already gonzo.

I think the real two that I expect to leave are Jojo and Nasri. And possibly Yaya.

Cheers

Same thoughts mate, only a couple of our first team will actually leave with a couple moving to the bench.

Bring in 3 that are definite first team upgrades and promote from within the youth.

I'd like to see that happen but we've had that conversation many times, without fruition.

Holistic, don't you know.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:32 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

I'd like to see that happen but we've had that conversation many times, without fruition.

Holistic, don't you know.

I think the kids will get some burn this summer and there are a few on loan who I think are a shoo in...like Lopes and Zucchini. Ambrose, Cole, Barker, denayer. The kids is alright IMHO. Let em fucking see what's what.

Buy a bale and a schneiderlin and I think we're solid. Plus a LB.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:42 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:I think the kids will get some burn this summer and there are a few on loan who I think are a shoo in...like Lopes and Zucchini. Ambrose, Cole, Barker, denayer. The kids is alright IMHO. Let em fucking see what's what.

Buy a bale and a schneiderlin and I think we're solid. Plus a LB.

Cheers

We'll see pal, not quite sure myself but very hopeful from all the reports. I'm one who wants to see sustained value rather than a one off here and there and I'm not quite sure we've got our transition plan fully in-place, ie. the manager is under pressure to win.

Only when the hierarchy say that 'It dosen't matter' will we be able to really show our wares.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum