The Challenge System

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Would you like the challenge system introduced

YES
47%
NO
43%
Maybe
7%
Not arsed
3%

Total votes : 30

Re: The Challenge System

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:40 am

Technology will be introduced eventually its only s matter of time. It wont be perfect to begin with either, we will have to learn as we go, as with most things, but IMO it will be a positive introduction.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:20 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Ted has hit the nail on the head for me.

Just as an example rugby league here has it and the wait for a decusion is so slow and boring it's a joke. When I 1st came to the country league was the game over here and everybody had a side. Since then year in year out they've chopped it up bit by bit and ruined it. Constant rule changes, teams in and out, league restructures, video replays. It no longer resembles what I watched as a Ali and I don't watch anymore. I'm not alone. It's dying a slow death here. Let's not tamper with football. It's the best sport in the world. Leave it be

i actually think that Ted has convinced me that it can really only open up space for more fucktardery and chicanery than we already see.

In terms of progress, i think the only thing i want is a way to end the dives. Retrospective bans for dives would suit me and it would clean up a lot of the playacting horseshit that i hate, and that even the pedestrian fans use to bash the game. Look at the reaction to Barca v Madrid? Two of the greatest teams in the world, on stage....looked like a bunch of cunts. For the whole world to see and furrow their brow at. A joke.

cheers

All the things upsetting people could be fixed with proper, transparent refereeing tho. Punish diving all the time not in fad waves. Add Injury time correctly to a clear transparent rule.

Surely the money spent on technology can just be spent on better quality refs and especially linesman with balls and keep the game organic.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:47 am

Wonderwall wrote:Technology will be introduced eventually its only s matter of time. It wont be perfect to begin with either, we will have to learn as we go, as with most things, but IMO it will be a positive introduction.

It will possibly be introduced for things like that oaf sending off the wrong bloke, which would be a good thing, but there is very little chance of it coming in for stuff like penalty decisions etc.

More help from a 4th official to stop refs making a twat of themselves, & occasional line calls, is the most likely outcome.

No chance this will come in for decisions based on opinion. It would ruin the game as a spectacle & still they would get it wrong. Luckily this is one thing FIFA & UEFA are right on top of, & they won't have it.

Funilly enough, I watched the England Rugby game on tv with a rag mate & we both agreed 100% that it would be an absolute joke if it was brought into football, & indeed has become a joke in Rugby. It takes far too long.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:25 pm

Fuck that, they don't even have it in a system that has proved to be effective. Where do you stop, the build up in the past 5 minutes?

Bollox idea.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:28 pm

Lots of good points here. The idea that the big decisions will go to the "chosen" clubs, ie the rags, chavs, dippers is very valid and is a huge cause for concern. I'm a big cricket fan and the DRS is far from perfect and this is in a slow paced sport where the margins for interpretation are much less open to debate. Who is to say the systems that get put in place wil be any different.

Pundits and fans alike disagree on decisions in a game and this is after countless repays, slow-mo and from a multitude of angles. Realistically these decisions would have to be made within seconds. Are we going to have every offside decision reviewed?

I think where it may come into play is that there could be better communication between the fourth official and the referee. For example, shirt pulling at corners. The fourth official spots on his monitor that Skeletor is dragging his man to the ground. The ref has missed it as he is watching the other side of the penalty area. A quick word in his earpiece of penalty against Skeletor and he blows for a foul. Or perhaps a late, high tackle that once the foul has been blown for, the fourth official watches the reply and determines if it merits yellow or red. We then don't get snap decisions that later prove incorrect. Neither of those scenarios would disrupt the flow of the game IMO.

Of course, for it to work, impartiality has to be key, and that is where I have most misgivings. Over the years right from when I first started watching football, referees have shown bias to certain clubs. This has not abated with the introduction of professional referees and if anything it has got worse. Unless this is solved the guys making these calls will simply be an extension of biased referees
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:35 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Just as an example rugby league here has it and the wait for a decusion is so slow and boring it's a joke. When I 1st came to the country league was the game over here and everybody had a side. Since then year in year out they've chopped it up bit by bit and ruined it. Constant rule changes, teams in and out, league restructures, video replays. It no longer resembles what I watched as a Ali and I don't watch anymore. I'm not alone. It's dying a slow death here. Let's not tamper with football. It's the best sport in the world. Leave it be

i actually think that Ted has convinced me that it can really only open up space for more fucktardery and chicanery than we already see.

In terms of progress, i think the only thing i want is a way to end the dives. Retrospective bans for dives would suit me and it would clean up a lot of the playacting horseshit that i hate, and that even the pedestrian fans use to bash the game. Look at the reaction to Barca v Madrid? Two of the greatest teams in the world, on stage....looked like a bunch of cunts. For the whole world to see and furrow their brow at. A joke.

cheers

All the things upsetting people could be fixed with proper, transparent refereeing tho. Punish diving all the time not in fad waves. Add Injury time correctly to a clear transparent rule.

Surely the money spent on technology can just be spent on better quality refs and especially linesman with balls and keep the game organic.

I dunno if it's about the paycheck. Do you believe that better refs are being shut out of the game due to the pay packet? I really don't know tbh.

I think you simply need more refs. Fast game. Old slow white cunts as refs. Either add some refs or get Usain Bolt Reffing.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:41 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

I dunno if it's about the paycheck. Do you believe that better refs are being shut out of the game due to the pay packet? I really don't know tbh.

I think you simply need more refs. Fast game. Old slow white cunts as refs. Either add some refs or get Usain Bolt Reffing.

Cheers

It's not all wages most Refs quit early due to parental abuse, lack of opportunities and no viable career path. Wages and professionalism is part of it, but education, training and support also
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:50 pm

nottsblue wrote:Lots of good points here. The idea that the big decisions will go to the "chosen" clubs, ie the rags, chavs, dippers is very valid and is a huge cause for concern. I'm a big cricket fan and the DRS is far from perfect and this is in a slow paced sport where the margins for interpretation are much less open to debate. Who is to say the systems that get put in place wil be any different.

Pundits and fans alike disagree on decisions in a game and this is after countless repays, slow-mo and from a multitude of angles. Realistically these decisions would have to be made within seconds. Are we going to have every offside decision reviewed?

I think where it may come into play is that there could be better communication between the fourth official and the referee. For example, shirt pulling at corners. The fourth official spots on his monitor that Skeletor is dragging his man to the ground. The ref has missed it as he is watching the other side of the penalty area. A quick word in his earpiece of penalty against Skeletor and he blows for a foul. Or perhaps a late, high tackle that once the foul has been blown for, the fourth official watches the reply and determines if it merits yellow or red. We then don't get snap decisions that later prove incorrect. Neither of those scenarios would disrupt the flow of the game IMO.

Of course, for it to work, impartiality has to be key, and that is where I have most misgivings. Over the years right from when I first started watching football, referees have shown bias to certain clubs. This has not abated with the introduction of professional referees and if anything it has got worse. Unless this is solved the guys making these calls will simply be an extension of biased referees

The point where the lino puts it across for pulling is valid but I think that's already in-place, shame they don't call it!

We are long passed communication issues and what we need to hear is what the officials have to say, at least they can then be understood. However, this is a normal part of the everyday game in other sports so why not in ours?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum