FA commission: New four-point plan to boost England football

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FA commission: New four-point plan to boost England foot

Postby Dameerto » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:20 am

One major flaw to the plan - eligibility to play for England isn't required to qualify as 'homegrown'.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:30 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Two's Kompany wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Two's Kompany wrote:
Blue Oli wrote:danny Mills ?? FFS model professional to listen to there NOT

Oh aye.
"What's your advice to any young England player, Danny?"
"Sign for a club on big contract and take the money regardless of whether you're playing or not!"
Yes that'll help get the quotas up!!!

Plenty more of this then...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/articl ... -fans.html

This sums up the modern day British footballer.
In their eyes success is measured by the car they drive, the girlfriend they have or the house they live. Not the trophies they win.

the x-factor generation

The cunt factor more like.

Exactly what me and Ted touched on, young British players get smoke blown up their arse and think they are big time being given massive wages despite being a bit shit.

Ronaldo and other top players Sergio etc etc are all rich as fuck but still want to improve they came from nothing and their original training and desire to improve made them great. I bet when Sergio signed his first pro deal it want anywhere near 30K a week like some of our talented youngster are on.

18 year olds driving round in Bentleys and living in mansions is a joke.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:18 am

Nickyboy wrote:I do like the idea of having a B team for our younger players playing in League 1 (after two promotions) - Rather they stayed and trained with us then get loaned to Bristol City / Barnsley etc.

Foundation of a good idea that will no doubt be totally f**ked up by the FA

In fairness, there is the bones of a good idea in there. If it could improve the standard throughout the leagues rather than just having the B teams kicked off the park.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:19 am

Dameerto wrote:One major flaw to the plan - eligibility to play for England isn't required to qualify as 'homegrown'.

maybe that's part of the plan, Marcos Lopes (as an example), being brought through by City would be eligible to play for England soon and he is just a kid. In 20 years time we will have an England team of Portuguese, Spanish, French, German born kids.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:49 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Dameerto wrote:One major flaw to the plan - eligibility to play for England isn't required to qualify as 'homegrown'.

maybe that's part of the plan, Marcos Lopes (as an example), being brought through by City would be eligible to play for England soon and he is just a kid. In 20 years time we will have an England team of Portuguese, Spanish, French, German born kids.

Exactly.

The players brought in will get younger and be nationalised sooner.

The Spaniards have got Brazilians and the Germans have Turks.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:59 am

lets all have a disco wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Exactly.

it's all a bit of a piss take to me really....Klinsmann's doing the same in the US...grabbing foreign born players who qualify as US Citizens because of one parent being a US Citizen, which is pissing Germany off since that's where he's reaping most of them from these days.

I get that it's legal....but i think you should play where you've been born or grew up and were naturalized. And the being born thing is a bit iffy for me many times. When was the last time Kevin Prince Boateng was in Ghana before he suddenly switched his German up for Ghanian? I would guess a reasonable answer might be "never."

Can't wait to see City get bollocked for signing a 12 year old for a million in about 2 years. Just hope it's mine.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:10 am

The rule about B teams is mad aswell.

So you can run a B team in the lower leagues but not have any Non EU players in the squad so Spanish,Italians,French et al is fair game surely that should be all English players in this squad?

The Non EU lads can train at the academies and go out on load to Spain etc and gather their new paasport elsewhere but under the name of the parent club so become home trained.

SO many loopholes.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:54 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Exactly.

it's all a bit of a piss take to me really....Klinsmann's doing the same in the US...grabbing foreign born players who qualify as US Citizens because of one parent being a US Citizen, which is pissing Germany off since that's where he's reaping most of them from these days.

I get that it's legal....but i think you should play where you've been born or grew up and were naturalized. And the being born thing is a bit iffy for me many times. When was the last time Kevin Prince Boateng was in Ghana before he suddenly switched his German up for Ghanian? I would guess a reasonable answer might be "never."

Can't wait to see City get bollocked for signing a 12 year old for a million in about 2 years. Just hope it's mine.

cheers

Hold on Doomie, how the hell do you expect us 'Irish' to compete then.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:26 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:The rule about B teams is mad aswell.

So you can run a B team in the lower leagues but not have any Non EU players in the squad so Spanish,Italians,French et al is fair game surely that should be all English players in this squad?

The Non EU lads can train at the academies and go out on load to Spain etc and gather their new paasport elsewhere but under the name of the parent club so become home trained.

SO many loopholes.

They can't get away with not allowing EU players in the squad.

The EU Commission would be all over that, unlike their attitude to ffp, which is very fishy/conspiratorial indeed.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby phips » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:09 pm

maybe they should stop telling players like Jack Wilshire that they're world beaters so they don't get big heads and stop working hard and become assholes. that'd be a start. stop anointing young English players the savior of the national team. what was everyone saying about Luke Shaw last year? and then he went to United all out-of-shape because he was full of himself and now he's fallen off the map
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:28 pm

According to the evening news this would fuck our first team AND youth squad up. Now what a surprise that Dyke should come up with a plan that hinders us.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:24 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:According to the evening news this would fuck our first team AND youth squad up. Now what a surprise that Dyke should come up with a plan that hinders us.

Hopefully they're too late for that, in the domestic league, with a stream of talent queueing in the academy, but it would hinder more than just us in Europe.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:26 pm

phips wrote:maybe they should stop telling players like Jack Wilshire that they're world beaters so they don't get big heads and stop working hard and become assholes. that'd be a start. stop anointing young English players the savior of the national team. what was everyone saying about Luke Shaw last year? and then he went to United all out-of-shape because he was full of himself and now he's fallen off the map

I think that's the problem with quotas. They get filled with over-priced mediocrity. It would actually add to inflation for a lower standard of player.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby nottsblue » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:11 pm

So to summarise. A four point plan to improve English football which will improve the National team

1 Appoint a manager who is not a yes man
2 Have the said manager pick a system and have the best players in those positions play, regardless of their club. This will ensure the likes of Cleverley don't get a game
3 Appoint a proper captain
4 Play more games around the country ro allow more fans to get involved and fall in love with International football again
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:19 pm

could just sack of international football all together as it's pretty shit and it's administered by a bunch of thieving, corrupt cunts
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:20 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:could just sack of international football all together as it's pretty shit and it's administered by a bunch of thieving, corrupt cunts

speaking of which, Platini has just been voted back in!!
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:41 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:According to the evening news this would fuck our first team AND youth squad up. Now what a surprise that Dyke should come up with a plan that hinders us.

I predicted this when I first heard they were going to look into it. Dyke plus Rio Ferdinand ?

The stuff about non EU players in particular is targeting us imo, as they know we have such a huge operation growing worldwide. It will make no difference whatsoever to England, but it makes it harder for us to find the next Messi or Pele.

They will fuck most of it off imo, but just bring in a couple of rules which make things a bit more difficult for us. But whatever they do with this, they will actually be playing to our strengths.

Charlie Adam just said that British kids need to prove they are good enough to play for top teams. Also that they are too expensive to sign.

The woman on Sky said a Premier League source said they will resist it, as they are already working within a new plan which is improving it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:42 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:could just sack of international football all together as it's pretty shit and it's administered by a bunch of thieving, corrupt cunts

speaking of which, Platini has just been voted back in!!

David Gill voted in as the UEFA rep.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dameerto » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:45 pm

Basically it's a revised EDS system, other age group teams stay the same - I don't think it will have as big an impact. Maybe one or two from the other teams will have to wait a bit longer (until they qualify as homegorwn) to get a debut in the B team though. As I said earlier (or maybe in another thread) - it will mean teams resort to baby snatching much more.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:11 pm

Excellent plan to take England back to 1995 when we won absolutely everything...

And come Saturday, my 9 year old will be trained by two great dads, who give up a lot of their time & I'm not going to knock, but are not and never will be professional coaches. A couple of months ago, a relative of one of the kids who's an ex-City player and professional coach came down and did a couple of training sessions with them and it was brilliant. The difference was like the difference in playing ability between the premier league and a Sunday pub team.

And we wonder why Spain and Germany produce better players. Maybe it's because they have less foreigners, or perhaps it's because their FA backed youth football, rather than pissing £700m on a stadium on an industrial estate.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum