FA commission: New four-point plan to boost England football

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Postby Clowncrete » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:27 pm

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27327502
The creation of a new tier within the Football League to accommodate Premier League B teams is at the heart of the Football Association commission's four-point plan to boost English football.
The review also calls for a ban on non-European Union players outside of the top flight and a reduction in non-home-grown players in Premier League squads.
It also wants to develop "strategic loan partnerships" between clubs.
B teams league plan
10 Premier League B teams and 10 from the Conference would take part.
20 of the 25 players in the squad should qualify for the home-grown rule.
No non-EU players allowed.
19 of the 25 players in the squad should be under the age of 21.
England's shortcomings: Why debate is timely
The suggestions are a response to a growing lack of English talent.
Liverpool, Manchester United and Manchester City are among clubs that have already shown "a lot of interest and enthusiasm" for a new league for B teams, FA chairman Greg Dyke told a news conference.
According to the review, headed by Dyke, only 32% of starters qualified to play for England in the 2012-13 Premier League season, compared to 69% 20 years ago.
The commission's proposals set an "ambitious but realistic" target of increasing the number of English players in the Premier League to 45% by 2022.
The FA's report added: "This is still lower than the figures being achieved in Germany and Spain today but it would take English football back to a figure last achieved in 2000."

This isn't about players even for four years' time, this is for players for 10 years' time... this is to win the 2022 World Cup, by which time I'll be long gone

Greg Dyke
FA chairman
England manager Roy Hodgson said he welcomed the proposals.
But he added: "I am just one voice of many who have contributed to this important study and I hope the debate that has been provoked can lead to some real developments in our game."
The most controversial proposal would be establishing a new League Three in 2016-17, made up of 10 Premier League B teams and 10 Football Conference sides.
B teams could be promoted and relegated between Leagues One, Two and Three and the Conference, but could not play in the Championship and must always be at least one division below the full side. They would also be barred from entering domestic cup competitions like the League Cup and FA Cup.
The B team squads would require 20 out of 25 players to qualify for the home-grown rule and no non-EU players would be allowed. Nineteen players would have to be under 21.
The commission also recommended a phased reduction in the number of non-home-grown players in Premier League squads from 17 to 12, reaching their target by 2021.
A cap of two non-EU players per squad has also been proposed, plus a ban on non-EU players outside of the Premier League.
The strategic loan approach is designed to allow clubs from the top two English leagues to loan players to a lower division 'partner' club to enable greater opportunities for 18 to 21-year-old English footballers.
The four problem areas identified by the FA commission
Area 1 - Inadequate and insufficient playing opportunities for 18-20 year-old elite players at top clubs.
Area 2 - Regulation of the player market in England is not effective in preserving the desired balance of British, EU and non-EU players in clubs.
Area 3 - Coaching and coach development, essentially at grassroots level, have not yet reached a satisfactory level and impact.
Area 4 - England lags behind in the quantity and quality of affordable grassroots facilities, particularly in the provision of all-weather pitches.
Source: FA commission report

Dyke said: "This isn't about players even for four years' time, this is for players for 10 years' time. This is to win the 2022 World Cup, by which time I'll be long gone."
He added there was a lot of "enthusiasm from the big clubs".
"Liverpool, the Manchester clubs, Stoke, Tottenham - they have no problems with me mentioning them on this - so quite a lot of clubs recognise the problem they have got," he said.
"The gap between the academy and the first team has widened significantly in 20 years. Many of the clubs we spoke to called this the 'Bermuda Triangle' or 'black hole' of English football."
In response, the Football League said the review "may not contain a solution that is acceptable at the current time".
However, it said it would "continue to engage with the commission to establish whether there is a solution that meets its stated objective, but does not leave the Football League carrying a disproportionate or unreasonable burden".
The FA commission was made up of Dyke, Hodgson, former England managers Glenn Hoddle and Howard Wilkinson, plus ex-England internationals Rio Ferdinand and Danny Mills.
Football League chairman Greg Clarke, Professional Footballers' Association chairman Ritchie Humphreys, FA vice-chairman Roger Burden and Crewe Alexandra's director of football Dario Gradi were also part of the 10-man commission.
It sought contributions from more than 650 people across all levels of the sport in England and abroad.
The next step will be a consultation period on the report's proposals. No firm date has been given for a final decision.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Re: FA commission: New four-point plan to boost England foot

Postby Clowncrete » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:29 pm

Seems to be a knee jerk scheme. Removing foreigners will not improve the quality of English players. Makes it even harder for English clubs to compete with the likes of Barca and Madrid since all good south American players will end up there.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby twosips » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:44 pm

This whole thing is all very ukip.

It's the foreigners fault! Not the shite coaching and lazy arsed players... Obviously.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:15 pm

Littlle Englander Roland Rat wants to completely fuck up English football. What a wanker. But I guess that's what you expect from a cockney rag, there must be something in this for them and the dippers.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:37 pm

A bit of negotiation & it could end up with something which is perfect for us.

The only way the England team will improve, is clubs like City finding talent & coaching the kids the right way. This is all complete nonsense as regards that. But a bit more incentive for every club to pick more homegrown players would do us no harm at all. It would mean our manager has less excuse not to play them.

I could see the quota rule getting through, but I would be surprised if the rules re qualification ages do. The quota rule regarding no EU players is a terrible idea. It will make no difference to England, but it will help keep Barca & Real Madrid ahead of English teams.

Hopefully all the top clubs will get together & tell him to fuck off with that, but I'm no longer against the quota in the first team squad.

I'm fucking sick of seeing people like Kolarov plodding around taking up space. purely because it would be too risky to play a kid there. If everyone is in the same boat, it will lead to a smaller percentage of average foreign & English players & a higher percentage of promising kids, in each squad.

But that quota is the only one they should even think of agreeing to, imo. Our english kids are learning to be better, playing next to kids from other countries.

If that gets diluted, it is a terrible dumbing down, not an improvement.

And look at the people on the panel; Danny. Mills, Ferdinand, Howard fucking Wilkinson, Hodgson, Hoddle.

They have had their go, & failed. Fuck them all off.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:38 pm

Id expect the race for 'talented' South Americans and Africans to intensify at ages 12-14 shipping them in and getting the years in them to get around the rules wether they make it or not.

Fucking bonkers.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:40 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Id expect the race for 'talented' South Americans and Africans to intensify at ages 12-14 shipping them in and getting the years in them to get around the rules wether they make it or not.

Fucking bonkers.

And younger kids from the EU.

Lunatics trying to run the asylum again.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:47 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:Id expect the race for 'talented' South Americans and Africans to intensify at ages 12-14 shipping them in and getting the years in them to get around the rules wether they make it or not.

Fucking bonkers.

Correct.

It wont be long before big clubs are paying millions for young players with absolutely no guarantee they will make it and heaping pressure onto young shoulders imagine being 10 years old and knowing City have paid 5 million for your future signature.

Maybe if the FA backed grassroots football with REAL cash and helped coaches/managers on pitches up and down the country with funds to run their clubs better and buy better equipment the supply line of players might be better.

As it is now kids are running round on fucked pitches with little or no financial support, any that show promise are then told they are brilliant, get a snazzy pair of bright boots and a shit haircut and think they have made it and become cunts.
Last edited by lets all have a disco on Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:51 pm

Do they operate with similar quotas in Germany, Spain and Italy. If not then I think you'll be putting English clubs under a big disadvantage in Europe.
It will still come down to the top teams in England hoovering up the best talented youngsters and if those clubs don't have the same philosophy in coaching as we seem to think our academy does, then you'll still produce the same kind of English player, I think. The structures that work in Spain and Germany are the ones to be looking at not putting ones in that are going to hamstring you further.

That's what I think anyway. It won't make a blind bit of difference to me, other than the fact I think it will put City at a disadvantage in Europe.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:01 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Fucking bonkers.

Correct.

It wont be long before big clubs are paying millions for young players with absolutely no guarantee they will make it and heaping pressure onto young shoulders imagine being 10 years old and knowing Madrid or whoever have paid 6 million for your future signature.

Maybe if the FA backed grassroots football with REAL cash and helped coaches/managers on pitches up and down the country with funds to run their clubs better and buy better equipment the supply line of players might be better.

As it is now kids are running round on fucked pitches with little or no financial support, any that show promise are then told they are brilliant, get a snazzy pair of bright boots and a shit haircut and think they have made it and become cunts.

The becoming cunts thing is a big part of the problem I think.

It's a big part of why City's academy has been designed the way it is, lots of ways to keep an eye on them & they are also putting a big accent on education. Can't work 100% but cunt prevention is definitely on the agenda.

iwasthere2012 wrote:Do they operate with similar quotas in Germany, Spain and Italy. If not then I think you'll be putting English clubs under a big disadvantage in Europe.
It will still come down to the top teams in England hoovering up the best talented youngsters and if those clubs don't have the same philosophy in coaching as we seem to think our academy does, then you'll still produce the same kind of English player, I think. The structures that work in Spain and Germany are the ones to be looking at not putting ones in that are going to hamstring you further.

That's what I think anyway. It won't make a blind bit of difference to me, other than the fact I think it will put City at a disadvantage in Europe.

They don't have the same quotas I don't think.

But the fact that they choose Danny Mills & Ferdinand to go on this panel says it all.

The first proposal should be; never ever listen to any suggestion made by Danny Mills or Rio Ferdinand.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue Oli » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:16 am

danny Mills ?? FFS model professional to listen to there NOT
Blue Oli
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby Two's Kompany » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:45 am

Blue Oli wrote:danny Mills ?? FFS model professional to listen to there NOT

Oh aye.
"What's your advice to any young England player, Danny?"
"Sign for a club on big contract and take the money regardless of whether you're playing or not!"
Yes that'll help get the quotas up!!!
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:01 am

Two's Kompany wrote:

Oh aye.
"Sign for a club on big contract and take the money regardless of whether you're playing or not!"

Plenty more of this then...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/articl ... -fans.html
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Nickyboy » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:06 am

I do like the idea of having a B team for our younger players playing in League 1 (after two promotions) - Rather they stayed and trained with us then get loaned to Bristol City / Barnsley etc.

Foundation of a good idea that will no doubt be totally f**ked up by the FA
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john@staustell » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:19 am

Greg Dyke has no loyalty or thought to the premiership. His whole plan is basically to reduce the quality of it and make the clubs even worse in Europe.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:23 am

john@staustell wrote:Greg Dyke has no loyalty or thought to the premiership. His whole plan is basically to reduce the quality of it and make the clubs even worse in Europe.

He was shit at the BBC and is going to make footy a mockery, the guy is a massive pleb.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:32 am

if the fa had real balls they would look at the structure of english football
having so 92 fully professional clubs in the football and premier leagues plus several more in the conference with scores of semi-pro ones below that is, for me, the biggest issue.
at this lower level money that could/should be spent on improving youth coaching, infrastructure etc... is being paid to substandard players.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:34 am

The thing is, if the FA went to Patrick Vieira or Txiki five years ago & asked them how best to do this, they would have immediately , on the spot, come up with all the best ideas in that document.

They already have, when asked.

What you then have, is a bunch of fucking clowns, all adding their own little bits, to the stuff he actual brains have already mentioned, & it getting credibiliy because it's tacked onto the intelligent stuff.

It's like someone designing a jet fighter, then Danny Mills adding a bit about it being really important to have big furry dice hanging in the cockpit & Wilkinson explaining that the tires must be made in Stoke.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Two's Kompany » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:41 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Two's Kompany wrote:

Oh aye.

This sums up the modern day British footballer.
In their eyes success is measured by the car they drive, the girlfriend they have or the house they live. Not the trophies they win.
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:49 am

Two's Kompany wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Two's Kompany wrote:

Oh aye.

This sums up the modern day British footballer.
In their eyes success is measured by the car they drive, the girlfriend they have or the house they live. Not the trophies they win.

the x-factor generation
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum