Your first ever City game

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Your first ever City game

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:25 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Cant remember , but I do remember playing adhering to these rules when we had a kick about before we went to a match on a Saturday afternoon.

Same here, but we had rule 11: All games are subject to an early finish if interrupted by Mr Bainbridge, the miserable old cunt.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:53 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Cant remember , but I do remember playing adhering to these rules when we had a kick about before we went to a match on a Saturday afternoon.

you played in goal then?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:30 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

you played in goal then?

And blamed the central defenders every time he fucked up.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:40 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:
Does anybody remember Rocastle's skill in the corner?

Certainly do. Fantastic - was Francis Lee's first game as official owner as well. False dawn number 346 was about to commence.

The Rocastle skill wasnt quite in the corner unless this is different.

45 SECONDS IN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niotOZC ... D848064D3C

That was the one. Carl Griffths the esteemed scorer I do believe - what a lightweight pile of shit he was.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:06 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:
Does anybody remember Rocastle's skill in the corner?

Certainly do. Fantastic - was Francis Lee's first game as official owner as well. False dawn number 346 was about to commence.

The Rocastle skill wasnt quite in the corner unless this is different.

45 SECONDS IN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niotOZC ... D848064D3C

That was the one. Carl Griffths the esteemed scorer I do believe - what a lightweight pile of shit he was.

He was alright until he came to City. Froze.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:25 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

you played in goal then?

It was always my ball fuck face.......we used to have this spotty cunt (You could join the dots up and a map of the milky way appeared) who used to keep score and sat on the wall watching us.............he probably ended up being like you...a fucking number cruncher.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby RodneyRodney » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:44 am

charvet_wonderland wrote:Spurs at home in 85. We wore red & black stripes for some reason. Minging bogs & a mad crush getting out at the end.

Spurs turned up in white shirts/socks & sky blue shorts - daft buggers - so ref said we had to change 'cos he couldn't tell the teams apart.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby RodneyRodney » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:55 am

Home v Bristol City, Sept. '77
Corrigan, Clements, Donachie, Doyle, Watson, Owen, Barnes, Kidd, Channon, Hartford, Power(iirc)
2-0
Some dirty so-&-so called Gow playing for Bristol ; surprised he stayed on the pitch.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby nottsblue » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:22 pm

Also remember my first proper derby game . FA cup third round 1987. Rags won 1-0 with a Norman Whiteside goal. Imre Varadi had a perfectly good headed goal ruled out for offside. Unfortunately, I was stood in the corner between the Main stand and the Stretford end. My old man and uncle are both rag fans so I had to go in with them. Gutted at the result.

Remember going to Mike Duxburys testimonial as well, though can't remember much about that one. Maybe it was later on. Vague recollection of us winning 2-0. 1990 maybe? In with City fans for that one and a great experience seeing us win at the swamp, perhaps after a few drinks my mind became fuzzy!
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:50 pm

Dubciteh wrote:September 97 versus Swindon, won 6.0 what a match to go to! Maine road was electric, the atmosphere, the flag and poster sellers the little shit souvenir shops, I loves it!

Got the tickets through Junior blues think you got two free for joining, great day, that season went downhill after that game!

I think that was my sister's first game, too.

Mine was away to Oldham, 1996-97 season. Lost 2-1, with Kinkladze scoring. First home game was the rematch later that season, with Rosler scoring for a 1-0 win, I think.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:34 pm

My dad took me when I believe it was 1994/1995 season. Summerbee was on the right, Beagrie on the left. Uwe, Niall, and Walshie up front. Lomas and Flitcroft in the middle. Tony Coton in goal. Brian Horton was manager.

We played Liverpool and won 2-1. I remember Fowler having blonde hair and his nose strip.

I didn't really support a team until then but I remember running out after the match back to the car saying to my dad "We beat Liverpool dad, we beat Liverpool!! I can't believe it!!"

From then onwards I was hooked.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:20 pm

Play off final 1999. I had always followed Bury as a kid, having been taken there by my grandad since I was 5. My first city game in fact, was when Bury played City at Gigg in 1998.....I remember thinking that the city fans that day were arrogant wankers......perhaps what happened in the following 18 months knocked that arrogance out of many blues and instilled a humility that certainly wasn't evident that night.

But that game was one of the very few I attended at bury between 1994-1998 as I recall it was a Friday night game, whereas I'd fallen out of the habit of going watching bury when I started working weekends in a supermarket, and when I found that it was £17 out of my £50 a week wage to go watch a game there so stopped going entirely.

Around the same time all my mates were getting into the city scene and having a great time following city home and away, and had a spare ticket to the playoff final, and I fell in love with the club, the story, the fans etc that day. I started going home and away the season after for the social aspect, and that was me converted.

I suppose I was always predisposed to being a blue given a healthy disgust for the rags instilled in me by my dad.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby blue b4 the moon » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:01 am

Towards the end of the 70/71 season, Coventry in their black/green combo. A twice taken Franny penalty to equalise for a 1-1 draw.

As a 7 year old I was surprised that there was no commentary in the speakers!!!!!

First away the end of 71/72 a 3-1 win at the swamp.
blue b4 the moon
Robinho's Step Over

Postby twosips » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:13 am

Mase wrote:My dad took me when I believe it was 1994/1995 season. Summerbee was on the right, Beagrie on the left. Uwe, Niall, and Walshie up front. Lomas and Flitcroft in the middle. Tony Coton in goal. Brian Horton was manager.

We played Liverpool and won 2-1. I remember Fowler having blonde hair and his nose strip.

I didn't really support a team until then but I remember running out after the match back to the car saying to my dad "We beat Liverpool dad, we beat Liverpool!! I can't believe it!!"

From then onwards I was hooked.

I didn't see that game, but I was hooked on that team.

This was still one of the first games I ever saw and it was fucking brilliant.

http://www.11v11.com/matches/manchester ... 995-22067/

Two nil down and then the combined magic of Beagrie, Walsh and Rosler turned around and won it for us. Loved it.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Blue2 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:09 pm

12th November 1966, Stoke away, we one 1-0, colin bell scoring the winner.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:17 pm

First game was a 0-0 against Everton in the Kippax in 73/4, but I don't really remember it. The first one I really remember was away at Coventry in 1979 when Bobby Mac and Tommy Hutch were playing for the Sky Blues - i.e. Coventry!
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum