MotM v West Brom

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Who's yours?

Hart
No votes
Zabaleta
2%
Kompany
No votes
Magala
8%
Clichy
No votes
Navas
2%
Fernando
12%
Lampard
No votes
Silva
48%
Bony
24%
Aguero
4%
Jovetic
No votes
Dzeko
No votes
Milner
No votes

Total votes : 50

MotM v West Brom

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:19 pm

Not seen anything of the game so might get a heads up here.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: MotM v West Brom

Postby Bluedj » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:24 pm

Went for DS as he pulled the strings all day long. Best performance by far from Bony, great goal and you could see his confidence grow

We still need to move the ball quicker but a good easy win
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby nottsblue » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:59 pm

Aguero for me. Back to his old hungry speedy self. Deserved a goal
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:02 pm

I gave it to Fernando, today he really was a real octopus. Keep them coming.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Wilson Raine » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:05 pm

I'm same as PeterParker - gave my vote to Fernando. Put in a good shift and scored a goal. Close second with David Silva.
Wilson Raine
De Michelis's Pace

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:35 pm

Fern 2 for me. Very encouraging.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby City64 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:59 pm

Mangala for me , solid committed performance from him , excellent !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Aggressive Walkling » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:06 pm

Bony for me - did a lot of nice little things past opening the account. Takes the ball extremely well. Good use of his body to shield the ball.

I have always rated Dzeko higher than most non-Bosnians, but already would pretty much want to see Bony rather than Dzeko every time.

Silva is always brilliant and beloved in my house, but I actually think he was a little off at times with his passing. I'd take Bony over Silva today just for that. Navas, Mangala, and Fernando were all very good as a whole.
Aggressive Walkling
De Michelis's Pace

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Super Kevin Horlock

Postby Herb » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:21 pm

Aggressive Walkling wrote:Bony for me - did a lot of nice little things past opening the account. Takes the ball extremely well. Good use of his body to shield the ball.

I have always rated Dzeko higher than most non-Bosnians, but already would pretty much want to see Bony rather than Dzeko every time.

Silva is always brilliant and beloved in my house, but I actually think he was a little off at times with his passing. I'd take Bony over Silva today just for that. Navas, Mangala, and Fernando were all very good as a whole.

Bony shaved it for me too - because of a beautifully taken clinical goal and because of how he's so strong on the ball . . just holds them off as if they hardly exist.

Mangala, Silva, Fernando, Navas all looked good today too. Hart was sloppy, he looked shakey as fuck and Lampard was in all the right places but didn't have his scoring boots on. I don't think Aguero's quite right yet - he's working hard, moving well and very involved but he just seems to lack that extra bit of explosive acceleration . . almost as if he's subconsciously holding back for fear of another tear.
If he can get right before our next game, and stay alright through until the end of the season, then we might not drop another point. . it's as mad as that - he's so good when he's on song that he turns games upside down. I hope we see that soon but, in the interim, Bony is looking sharper every time out and he had it for me today.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:31 pm

Seeing as we had near 80% possession and 43 shots then I'd think it was either a player that extolled as a defensive player pushing forward or an attacking mid who made the openings. Am I wrong?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:44 pm

It was such a strange game today. I thought it was a real sleeping pill, despite us creating a fuck-load of chances. That early red just killed the whole game off, and since WBA seemed resigned to lose from the second minute, it's really hard to judge the performances of the City players.
Fernando looked great, for instance, but how much defensive covering did he really have to do, and was he ever put under pressure in possession?
If I had to give one name, I'd probably go for Bony. He took his goal well and it was an important one. Who knows, we might have ended up in panic mode if it had stayed 0-0 to long.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby City64 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:48 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Seeing as we had near 80% possession and 43 shots then I'd think it was either a player that extolled as a defensive player pushing forward or an attacking mid who made the openings. Am I wrong?

WBA were piss poor tbh Beefy but take nothing away from ALL of our players today , excellent attitude and effort from all . Silva evcellent but wastefull on occasions but that's him and always looking for the ball , Fernando much better today , workrate and passing very good although WBA had Everyone behind the ball at ALL times . Wheneever WBA did break out or our play broke down Mangala cleaned up very effectively and set up another passage of play , it was that kind of match ;-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby walshawblue » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:16 pm

Dave for me he ran the show
BORN TO BE BLUE
walshawblue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby PrezIke » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:18 pm

was still asleep for the early part of the match, but glad to see some players who have taken some criticism step up their games.

bony is a new type of beast with his strength, and technical prowess. feels that he, fern2 and mangala if given time could really be positive additions.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:23 pm

Spanish Dave for me, where's that thread gone about his scoring? Bony and Navas decent too, Sergio worked like a demon but still not at his best.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:28 pm

Wilfried for me, solid first start from him and a smart piece of play for his goal.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:29 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Spanish Dave for me, where's that thread gone about his scoring? Bony and Navas decent too, Sergio worked like a demon but still not at his best.

I went for David too but I am confused about Sergio working like a demon. I often thought during the match that he was static and watching the game when I was looking for some serious movement to give passing options.

He was playing a deeper role and there were 2 or 3 occasions that he ran back deep into midfield and nicked balls back. I remember him doing that once to rapturous applause from the fans who started calling his name. But for the next 10 to 15 seconds as the ball had switched to the right side and we were searching for good movement for a pass he did a Yaya and walked very slowly forward and wasn't involved or trying to be involved.

Don't get me wrong I thought he had an ok game and was a threat and nearly scored but I just didn't think he worked like a demon. I do agree he isn't at his best yet.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:40 pm

City64 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Seeing as we had near 80% possession and 43 shots then I'd think it was either a player that extolled as a defensive player pushing forward or an attacking mid who made the openings. Am I wrong?

WBA were piss poor tbh Beefy but take nothing away from ALL of our players today , excellent attitude and effort from all . Silva evcellent but wastefull on occasions but that's him and always looking for the ball , Fernando much better today , workrate and passing very good although WBA had Everyone behind the ball at ALL times . Wheneever WBA did break out or our play broke down Mangala cleaned up very effectively and set up another passage of play , it was that kind of match ;-)

Cheers mate, that's what I want to hear.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum