*** Man City v WBA Matchday Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** Man City v WBA Matchday Thread***

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:37 pm

43 shots, 16 on target, and 20 from outside the box! Brom had 3, none on target. And 78% possession, fuck me, what a game to miss!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Wilson Raine » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:57 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Wilson Raine wrote:so should of been a pen?

I've got to say this, everytime I read your posts your avatar actually looks like Mancini, out of the corner of my eye.

Strange!

I forgot you can't smile on passport photos so used it on this forum......
Wilson Raine
De Michelis's Pace

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:12 pm

Wilson Raine wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I've got to say this, everytime I read your posts your avatar actually looks like Mancini, out of the corner of my eye.

Strange!

Ha ha ha, you good looking bastard ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wooders » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:19 pm

Beefy you predator you
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby failsworthblue » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:22 pm

The game was finished in the first minute.

Good win and nothing else.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wilson Raine » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:31 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Wilson Raine wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Strange!

Ha ha ha, you good looking bastard ;-)

I know I just can't help it - people do say i look like manchini - good looking eh lol ;)
Wilson Raine
De Michelis's Pace

My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby City64 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:56 pm

Only just got home from the Etihad via on the piss and diabolical rail network . Much more like it this afternoon , yes helped by the very early red card but did that make WBA even more defensive and difficult to break down ???? Sergio could easily have scored a hatrick on another day it isn't going his way at the moment , Bony took his goal splendidly and his movement and hold up play was excellent , Navas had another very good game with 2 or 3 sublime crosses which deserved better , Zabba was back to his best but outstanding performance for me was Mangala who put in a performance just like Vinny used to do when he was at his very commanding best . Could easily have been 5 or 6 to us but what about the pen not given second half when WBA defender almost caught the fucking ball ffs ....... unbelievable decision to give just a corner from the ref who otherwise apart from sending the wrong WBA player off had a decent game ........ or maybe not ! lol
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:47 pm

After our recent form this is a welcome respite and even though I haven't see the game yet there are a few that would never be happy and a few who see it for what was, a good win after difficult circumstances.

I'm in the latter camp. 3-0 is a very good result and we didn't allow them in, like we could've done.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:20 pm

Well that's cheered me up a bit, despite me having a hacking cough and struggling to speak. Hard to judge the performance, since the sending off skewed the game, but Bony looked a different player after his goal, and Navas, Silva, and Aguero showed they haven't given up even if they're not in top form. I enjoyed the passage where we hit the post, bar and had one cleared off the goal line in the space of a minute.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:34 pm

I thought the game was pretty flat after the guy was sent off.We know they would have defended anyway but the way they seemed resigned to lose was shocking.We just played our careful passing game looking to break them down and we did and but for their keeper we could have had plenty more and better goals too as the ones we got were quite scrappy.

Impossible to judge how well we played because of WBA but the win was all important.I think it helped to have so many changes to the team but my assessment of most of them was that they did ok. Even Silva who got my MotM vote wasn't close to his best but I felt all round we were decent and would likely have won against a full WBA team
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby mr_nool » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:52 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I thought the game was pretty flat after the guy was sent off.We know they would have defended anyway but the way they seemed resigned to lose was shocking.We just played our careful passing game looking to break them down and we did and but for their keeper we could have had plenty more and better goals too as the ones we got were quite scrappy.

Impossible to judge how well we played because of WBA but the win was all important.I think it helped to have so many changes to the team but my assessment of most of them was that they did ok. Even Silva who got my MotM vote wasn't close to his best but I felt all round we were decent and would likely have won against a full WBA team

Totally agree. I wrote pretty much the same in the MoTM thread.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:11 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I thought the game was pretty flat after the guy was sent off.

You're an exacting man if you thought there was difference before and after the sending off!

I'm not sure they played much differently than they intended, although it meant they were less willing to break. They were pretty well drilled in staying in their area, so I doubt they swapped to that in the second minute.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby sheblue » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:34 pm

Didn't see the game due to work, one thing did the sending off affect them that much? Or was it a case of 9 behind the ball rather than 10.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:38 pm

sheblue wrote:Didn't see the game due to work, one thing did the sending off affect them that much? Or was it a case of 9 behind the ball rather than 10.

Just like everyone that comes to COMS they were set up to get as many behind the ball from the off. It didn't make a difference to their defence, they just became toothless in attack.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:41 pm

Mase wrote:
sheblue wrote:Didn't see the game due to work, one thing did the sending off affect them that much? Or was it a case of 9 behind the ball rather than 10.

Just like everyone that comes to COMS they were set up to get as many behind the ball from the off. It didn't make a difference to their defence, they just became toothless in attack.

Ok so the usual shit then. Thanks. That stuff is not good for football, but that's another thread.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:17 pm

The sending off made the difference between a back 9 & a back 10. Not that much.

But let's not ignore it; WBA did exactly the job today, that sides did for Ferguson,. time & again, when they needed a bit of confidence. I described it to a rag mate, & the fucker pissed himself, knowing exactly 100% what I meant. They were sent from heaven. We slaughter teams for it at the swamp, rightly, & that was WBA today.

But that shouldn't detract from a lot of good stuff imo. We still would have struggled v a decent number of PL sides, but there was a fair bit of attitude shown by some of our 'big' players. That's a big plus imo. Aguero was a right greedy cunt, but he clearly cared & Silva gave the same impression.

Also Bony showed how it is actually possible for City to play 1-2s on the edge of the box without always losing the ball & imo that all of our strikers previously, have been totally shite at doing it.

What a pity Jovetic is most likely doomed. Bony is the bloke he has been passing to in his dreams & I'm sure given time, they would link up.

Fernando was exactly the same as he always is. No better, no worse. He is still finding his feet, same as Mangala.

Zabba looked more lively going forward & was fucking hopleless defensively. His defensive positioning was fucking terrible on several occasions.

Navas, was fucking great.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:39 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Off out now. Expecting a tedious game and hoping we can squeak it. Looking forward to reading through this thread later, if nothing else.

Hart, you're shit!

Kompany, You're shit!

You cunt Aguero!

Dzonkey you cunt!

Get him off!

Get him on!

Get him out!

And so on, and so on .........................

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

You Beauty!

Fucking get in!!!!!

I fucking love you!!!

Woooooooooooooooooo!!!

Ref's a cunt!

Hart, you're shit!

Kompany, You're shit!

You cunt Aguero!

Dzonkey you cunt!

Get him off!

Get him on!

Get him out!

And so on, and so on, ad nauseam

Thanks mate, that's saved me a lot of time.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:44 am

harveytravis wrote:I've got this horrible whiny noise on my transmission... oh hang on... no... it's Michael Owen.

Anyone know how to turn him off?

Chortle.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:47 am

Slim wrote:91st minute and navas is still rabbiting around, amazing stamina, ridiculous speed.

Seriously underestimated player.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:51 am

Comfortable win. Not said that often this season.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum