11-0

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

11-0

Postby Wooders » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:42 am

We came out of it with a small amount of pride but were it not for Joe and the woodwork that would have been the score last night - dire performance, Komps appears to have become one of our worst players, genuinely sad to see what happened to him. Also, why was there always a Barca player where Sahna was meant to be - fuck him off and get Micah back please.
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Re: 11-0

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:51 am

Our chances not count?

Just for the record 5 of Hart's saves came in the last 20 when we had gone for broke.

They registered just a single Messi shot on target in the first half hour.

Sagna doesn't deserve singling out, who let Rakitic a free run down our right for the goal? Sagna was marking his man and had to go central with him as Demi and Kompany inexplicably got drawn towards the ball.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby sheblue » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:52 am

Sagna kept on coming in central because thats where the danger was, problem was that when sagna came in tight NOBODY from midfield fell back into his position to give cover. It happened time and time again. a under 9s coach would see it and do something about it.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Blue In Bolton » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:04 am

I also think it is harsh to single Sagna out for criticism. Don't think there is a lot more he could have done in the first half with fuck all protection form Nasri.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Wooders » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:21 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Our chances not count?

Just for the record 5 of Hart's saves came in the last 20 when we had gone for broke.

Sagna doesn't deserve singling out, who let Rakitic a free run down our right for the goal? Sagna was marking his man and had to go central with him as Demi and Kompany inexplicably got drawn towards the ball.

Sorry, you are correct - it could have been 11-2.
Look at the goal again, Sagna isn't covering midfield he's plodding about next to kompany, same for a lot if the other chances.
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:27 am

Wooders wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Our chances not count?

Sorry, you are correct - it could have been 11-2.
Look at the goal again, Sagna isn't covering midfield he's plodding about next to kompany, same for a lot if the other chances.

What's covering midfield got to do with anything? We lost the ball 5 yards from their box, Sagna sprinted back with Neymar, when the ball came down our end Sagna still has Neymar but no one covers for him, perhaps if Kompany doesn't come so far left then Sagna can maybe pass Neymar on to him and turn his attention to Rakitic, as it was Kompany was in no man's land and left Sagna little choice but to stay with his man.

Look at the goal again.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Crossie » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:01 am

We cant afford the luxury of Yaya, Silva and Nasri all in the starting 11 against world class teams.

Shitty and medium ones we can do it with, they cant cope. But the better ones know exactly how to play us.

Actually Burnley know exactly how to play us so I'm probably talking shit. Run past Yaya and keep on running, a CB will panic and make a rash lunge and you either get a foul, or get past them.

People slagging Fernandinho off aren't being fair, yes he's not been wonderful but he's always doing 2 roles, his own and Yaya's

We need a normal midfield.

Standard 4 with Silva becoming a 5th and the top, then Aguero or Bony up top against the better sides.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:58 am

To say 11 nil is a total nonsense. If every attempt on goal is worth a goal it would probably have been 11.5 or 6. We were well outplayed but please to try not to create posts that sounds like the Daily Mirror headlines.

Our problem last night was not Sagna ,who in my opinion is a better defensive full back than Zaba, but the team as a whole and significantly the lack of energy and quality when we haven't got the ball. We all watch the Spanish football and when Barca play their key attacking players have to be pressed and doubled up on to stop them having a field day. Even 3 on one at times but with City it was close to one on one because so often we have 4 players not involved as they are crawling back from attacking positions.

Whatever we do next it has to include getting more energy into the team.I keep hearing crap about playing two up front or that the team is getting old. I don't buy all that. Just because you are 30 ish doesn't mean that you can't work hard and get back quickly when we lose the ball. If that means we have to move on the "lazy" ones then so be it. I could easily see 6 or even more of the big players moving on.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby mr fu » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:09 am

Messi, Suarez and Neymar are paid to score goals, which they didn't do last night. Joe Hart is our last line of defence and is paid to stop goals, which he did exceptionally. The game finished 1-0 coulda woulda shoulda is immaterial when it comes to the final score. To say it could've been 11-0 is pure hyperbole
BOON ARMY!
mr fu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.
My favourite player is: MIA

Postby nottsblue » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:37 pm

mr fu wrote:Messi, Suarez and Neymar are paid to score goals, which they didn't do last night. Joe Hart is our last line of defence and is paid to stop goals, which he did exceptionally. The game finished 1-0 coulda woulda shoulda is immaterial when it comes to the final score. To say it could've been 11-0 is pure hyperbole

Agree. The goalie is there for a reason. You can't score with every shot. We would have beat the rags about 20-3 earlier on in the season. Even Sky didn't come out with a headline "it could have been double figures". The result was 1-0 and that's what the record books will show, not how many chances weren't taken
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:55 pm

There's no embarrassment associated with the game last night, Barca were on another planet and if I'd have watched that as a neutral I would have been applauding their play, lauding it even.

And yes, the keeper is there for a reason. I suppose if we weren't allowed to play with one then it would've been 11-4. Still a loss but 1-0 against that side was far from embarrassing.

I suppose if we listen to the gimps of Sky Sports or the BBC, like Carragher & Savage, then we could realistically pack up our bags and forget the whole thing now, but, as a City fan, surely we don't take their views seriously?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:09 pm

I think Sagna did alright. No cover & not good enough stopping Messi playing the pass & not sure about the offside tactic is my take on it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:37 pm

What a silly thread. What's the point of a goalkeeper then?
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:10 pm

Crossie wrote:We cant afford the luxury of Yaya, Silva and Nasri all in the starting 11 against world class teams.

Shitty and medium ones we can do it with, they cant cope. But the better ones know exactly how to play us.

Actually Burnley know exactly how to play us so I'm probably talking shit. Run past Yaya and keep on running, a CB will panic and make a rash lunge and you either get a foul, or get past them.

People slagging Fernandinho off aren't being fair, yes he's not been wonderful but he's always doing 2 roles, his own and Yaya's

We need a normal midfield.

Standard 4 with Silva becoming a 5th and the top, then Aguero or Bony up top against the better sides.

On the subject of the topic, all I can say is that it does not matter what could have been. History and UEFA records will show that City lost 1-0 away to Barca and let's leave it at that !

I fully agree with Crossie on what our problem is and can't believe that Pellers has not come to this conclusion yet. Is he stupid or just stubborn ?
Its pure madness to play Silva and Nasri as "wingers" against any team let alone Barca. They both like to drift inside and offer little or no protection to the full backs. That's just how they are and this will not change no matter what ! It's well known that Yaya doesn't like to defend and does not have the pace to run back and help the CB's so why insist on giving him this role in which he has failed consistently ??
It's a sad fact that these 3 players are undoubtedly talented and but they all like (and are best suited) to play in one place and that is the number 10 behind the striker in a 4-5-1 formation and that's just not possible. So it's clear for me what has to be done. 2 of them have to move on and for me only Silva should stay.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby twosips » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:10 pm

We could afford that luxury if they worked, but they don't. In theory they're no more of a luxury than starting Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Iniesta and Rakitic. Difference is they actually work hard and don't bottle it. I don't think we should find players to make up for their deficiencies. Either get them to do what that lot do and contribute more or move them on. No excuses. They're not THAT good that they're basically Messi so they can't get away with walking about.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:17 pm

Ratboy said it, the space between our Midfield for opos to use is Hyde Park.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:54 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Ratboy said it, the space between our Midfield for opos to use is Hyde Park.

RatBoy's a cunt!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:05 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Ratboy said it, the space between our Midfield for opos to use is Hyde Park.

RatBoy's a cunt!

Yep but not wrong unfortunately.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:24 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

RatBoy's a cunt!

Yep but not wrong unfortunately.

He's always wrong, just wrong full stop.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby MilnersJaw » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:43 pm

Another wankathon for hart? Yeah he has a great game for once, literally once in a blue moon it happens.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Return to The Maine Football forum