Yaya The End ?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Yaya The End ?

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:23 pm

Scatman wrote:
mr_nool wrote:I called Doomy and MC deluded the last time they suggested this. That was perhaps a tad mean, but trying to convert Kompany to a midfielder would not be a clever move. The guy is short of confidence and is struggling with the ball at his feet, and you think he would flourish in a role where he constantly will get the ball with his back to the opponents with no clue of what's happening around/behind him?

So we get rid of VK, replace him with someone to partner Fern1 (Fern 2 perhaps?), do all the other stuff DM just suggested and we're laffing.

So all we need to do is take Kompany out of the side to try this one out. No transfers needed - until we can get that LB.

Do it now.

read what i wrote and then actually think about it, turdface.

I've said about 10 times in the last 48 hours that we probably need to see the back of roughly 8 players, promote some kids, bring in 3 or 4 one of them being a superstar type world-beater motherfucker.

It's a lot to do, spazmoid...which was my sarcastic point.

This team needs a serious overhaul and if we don't find out if VK has some gas left in his tank, in SOME position then he needs to move on. End of story.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:29 pm

Kompany is better than whoever anyone would sign, to replace him.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby City64 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:44 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Kompany is better than whoever anyone would sign, to replace him.

Agree with this ^^^^^
Kompany,s head looks totally fucked this season , let's hope he finds something like his old form for what's left of this season then has a good rest this summer and comes back the player and leader we all know . To replace him would be madness IMHO , Yaya , Nasri , Jovetic are the ones who need moving on this summer .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PrezIke » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:46 pm

PeterParker wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
ruralblue wrote:We also need a general in the middle of the field. wonder if it would be better pushing Yaya further forward and Komps into Def mid. Would take some pressure off Komps and allow him to rally the troops in the middle of the park and give Yay as old legs less tracking back to do.

Very recently Doomie and myself were discussing this particular option as being something worth trying (starting with the next pre-season's games), just to see if it had any value or merit.

Didn't meet with universal approval though - in fact it didn't meet with much approval at all.

In one month, Vinnie will be 29 years old, at this stage it is almost impossible to change the profile of a player. That is not a solution, after all these years playing as a defender, he will need at least one year and a half to understand his new role. At first he will be very sloppy, he will be a target for many teams.

Move him there and he will be the most hated player on this forum.

absolute bollox. He's probably played more of his career since he started playing this game as a MF than a CB i would bet.

Move him up, move Yaya up if we won't sell...sell Nasri. Promote Denayer to Vince's spot. Try it the fuck out. Partner Yaya as a No 10 with a striker and let Dave keep roaming. Let Fernandinho partner Kompany and then add a Reus or Isco or Pogba....then we just need a fucking actual LB and we're laffing.

4-3-3, 4-4-2, 4-2-2-1-1, 4-2-3-1 fucking. whatever. you call it.

cheers

You can't do that and you know it. Let's say you do your job perfectly, in the last 3 years, you became one of the best workers on your spot in the world, now you have issues and your boss decides to put you where you were when you started working there. What impact would that have on you.

With others i am 100 % with you, Yaya has no spot in the middle, he needs to be up front. I would use Fernandinho - Fernando, then Silva, Yaya and Navas behind one striker. The problem is that, i see Sergio having problems as a poacher. He like it when there is one man in front of him.

The problem is that there is no right answer in this. We can play 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1, the real issue is we must move Yaya from that spot. If we will keep using him there, we will keep on losing.

Speaking about Denayer, i had never seen him so far, what makes him good enough to be in our squad? Actually, did anyone remember a mistake Boyata did, beside that when he got sent off against Arse? He had decent games, but limited chances. The point is that we seem to have absolutely no strategy regarding our youth. We send players to fucksville, instead of loaning them at Premier teams or Championship one, where they can grow. Plus, we need a manager that will give them chances. Sadly, look at what eleven Pellers had in the FA and Capital one cup in the past year and a half.

All in all, no Vinnie in the middle and a box to box player that knows how to defend and ship Yaya to Paris or move him up.

Interesting points about Denyer and how we have treated our youth of late. I haven't seen him either other than what I read here and in the press, but I would think part of it is that he and the rest of our young talent are not good enough for the Premier League, or are young and speak no English that to throw them into a lower echelon English league will not suit them (i.e. Zucculini).

I get the sense that Denayer has a good shot at being on the team next year for some games. Playing on Celtic is not exactly a bad experience, as he also got Champions League and Europa League experience as a result.

In terms of the manager playing youth, I think that with the way we have set up our team with trying to have two "world class" players at each position, it would have been difficult to renege on promises made to those players who signed contracts with that understanding, and to bench them for a young player with less experience. Pellegrini is not so against that I think but had to continue playing what he had and who was better because winning has been the priority with so many experienced players.

I believe next season we will start to shift away from that approach further, partially due to FFP as well, focusing on buying TOP players rather than two very good ones, which will also allow some of our young players to get some chances.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Scatman » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:52 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Scatman wrote:
mr_nool wrote:I called Doomy and MC deluded the last time they suggested this. That was perhaps a tad mean, but trying to convert Kompany to a midfielder would not be a clever move. The guy is short of confidence and is struggling with the ball at his feet, and you think he would flourish in a role where he constantly will get the ball with his back to the opponents with no clue of what's happening around/behind him?

So we get rid of VK, replace him with someone to partner Fern1 (Fern 2 perhaps?), do all the other stuff DM just suggested and we're laffing.

So all we need to do is take Kompany out of the side to try this one out. No transfers needed - until we can get that LB.

Do it now.

read what i wrote and then actually think about it,turdface.

I've said about 10 times in the last 48 hours that we probably need to see the back of roughly 8 players, promote some kids, bring in 3 or 4 one of them being a superstar type world-beater motherfucker.

This team needs a serious overhaul and if we don't find out if VK has some gas left in his tank, in SOME position then he needs to move on. End of story.

cheers

I've reread it a couple of times and still find myself thinking what you suggest is a good idea. I can't see why it wouldn't be worth a go, or the sarcasm for that matter. Something as simple as that should be tried now before we chuck 8 players at it, surely.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Scatman » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:56 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Scatman wrote:

Do it now.

cheers

I've reread it a couple of times and still find myself thinking what you suggest is a good idea. I can't see why it wouldn't be worth a go, or the sarcasm for that matter. Something as simple as that should be tried now before we chuck 8 players at it, surely.
Scatman

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:08 pm

Scatman wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Scatman wrote:

Do it now.

cheers

fuck me...

i can't read properly. i was matching what i thought was your sarcasm note for note my friend. I'm sorry.

HOWEVER

8 out isn't as many as you think....

Lamps
Richards
Negredo
Sinclair

then add some of the asswipes who need a smack, or 12:

Jayko
Nasri
Yaya
Jojo

8 right there and i'm sure i've forgotten some.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby twosips » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:00 pm

One of the current fullbacks will go Id guess. I'd guess Sagna or Kolarov.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:12 pm

twosips wrote:One of the current fullbacks will go Id guess. I'd guess Sagna or Kolarov.

Both tbh, and get two pacy understudies.
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:53 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
twosips wrote:One of the current fullbacks will go Id guess. I'd guess Sagna or Kolarov.

From the EDS, I hope. Playing their own youngsters doesn't seem to have done much damage to Southampton.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:47 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

From the EDS, I hope. Playing their own youngsters doesn't seem to have done much damage to Southampton.

I've come around to this point of view. Initially I backed the count and his insistence on keeping them out as just a thirst to win...however hindsight being what it is...he should have pulled the trigger after the first cup fiasco and gotten these kids some burn.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Fesan » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:11 pm

Isnt it worth it to try Yaya behind the striker for a few games (instead of in midfield) before totally writing him off?
Fesan
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Dameerto » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:20 pm

Fesan wrote:Isnt it worth it to try Yaya behind the striker for a few games (instead of in midfield) before totally writing him off?

There's better options in that position - if Bony plays then Aguero fits in there - if not then we have Silva. He'd have to be third maybe even fourth choice - and why should we carry someone anyway when our system is so reliant on pressing to avoid pressure on our back four? Either our current system goes or Yaya goes, in my opinion.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:41 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Fesan wrote:Isnt it worth it to try Yaya behind the striker for a few games (instead of in midfield) before totally writing him off?

There's better options in that position - if Bony plays then Aguero fits in there - if not then we have Silva. He'd have to be third maybe even fourth choice - and why should we carry someone anyway when our system is so reliant on pressing to avoid pressure on our back four? Either our current system goes or Yaya goes, in my opinion.

Absolutely spot on, on all counts.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Slim » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:18 pm

Yes on all counts, except aguero/silva should be first choice.

Yaya and Nasri go to in the summer, if only there was a left winger with wingnuts for ears that was for sale this summer...hmm.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:20 pm

Slim wrote:Yes on all counts, except aguero/silva should be first choice.

Yaya and Nasri go to in the summer, if only there was a left winger with wingnuts for ears that was for sale this summer...hmm.

He'd really give us balance - and his background as a defender means he would be pretty much guaranteed to press for us when asked.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Slim » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:24 pm

In a heartbeat, central midfield needs a player as well but we'd look a lot more like a team with that one player giving us shape on the left.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:25 pm

Dameerto wrote:

Silva has to get a go in the number 10 position before Toure.......the whole way we play with the fucking about around the box, if we are gonna carry it on, it must be done with silva right in the mix for the dribbling, trickery and clever passes for aguero or those running in. Currently he is too focused on those ahead of him who just aren't working hard enough to get into space (or we are pressed too high). A spell with him with his back to goal seeing the players like Toure and Nasri, Navas and fullbacks running through could be an absolute godsend and could give this squad another year without needing to sell half of them.

It seems any other approach leaves us selling most of the 'crown jewels' which all in a short space of time will fuck us over, no matter how shit some players have been
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby City64 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:01 pm

No .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum