Yaya The End ?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Yaya The End ?

Postby ruralblue » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:53 pm

Yaya might just be the problem running down the spine of the team and he may also be the reason why Komps has lost his head. The whole cake gate thing must have really fucked off the likes of Zaba and Komps. All that fuss and he just walks into the team. Half arsed performances and turning his brilliance on when he feels like it and..... he stays in the team. It would certainly fuck off the players who give their all. Could also be partly why Milner is stalling on signing.

Don't get me wrong when he does decide to turn it on and goes on his no stopping runs towards goal he his one of the best in the Prem by a mile. He isn't showing this at all since coming back from Acon.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby ruralblue » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:00 pm

We also need a general in the middle of the field. wonder if it would be better pushing Yaya further forward and Komps into Def mid. Would take some pressure off Komps and allow him to rally the troops in the middle of the park and give Yay as old legs less tracking back to do.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:05 pm

I do think Yaya has a couple more years in him but not in his current role. This season has took his toll (Cakegate, Brother's death, WC, ACoN etc) but I still think he's got a role to play.

Unless he's off to Inter, then he can fuck right off the cunt!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:07 pm

ruralblue wrote:We also need a general in the middle of the field. wonder if it would be better pushing Yaya further forward and Komps into Def mid. Would take some pressure off Komps and allow him to rally the troops in the middle of the park and give Yay as old legs less tracking back to do.

Very recently Doomie and myself were discussing this particular option as being something worth trying (starting with the next pre-season's games), just to see if it had any value or merit.

Didn't meet with universal approval though - in fact it didn't meet with much approval at all.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby City64 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:26 pm

ruralblue wrote:Yaya might just be the problem running down the spine of the team and he may also be the reason why Komps has lost his head. The whole cake gate thing must have really fucked off the likes of Zaba and Komps. All that fuss and he just walks into the team. Half arsed performances and turning his brilliance on when he feels like it and..... he stays in the team. It would certainly fuck off the players who give their all. Could also be partly why Milner is stalling on signing.

Don't get me wrong when he does decide to turn it on and goes on his no stopping runs towards goal he his one of the best in the Prem by a mile. He isn't showing this at all since coming back from Acon.

He didn't show anything the first couple of months of the this season either which caused huge debate on the back of cake gate , amazing lack of will to win and urgency from a world class player who was truly sensational for us last season . He has absolutely took the piss this season .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:16 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
ruralblue wrote:We also need a general in the middle of the field. wonder if it would be better pushing Yaya further forward and Komps into Def mid. Would take some pressure off Komps and allow him to rally the troops in the middle of the park and give Yay as old legs less tracking back to do.

Very recently Doomie and myself were discussing this particular option as being something worth trying (starting with the next pre-season's games), just to see if it had any value or merit.

Didn't meet with universal approval though - in fact it didn't meet with much approval at all.

In one month, Vinnie will be 29 years old, at this stage it is almost impossible to change the profile of a player. That is not a solution, after all these years playing as a defender, he will need at least one year and a half to understand his new role. At first he will be very sloppy, he will be a target for many teams.

Move him there and he will be the most hated player on this forum.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:23 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

In one month, Vinnie will be 29 years old, at this stage it is almost impossible to change the profile of a player. That is not a solution, after all these years playing as a defender, he will need at least one year and a half to understand his new role. At first he will be very sloppy, he will be a target for many teams.

He single handedly has cost us the title this year due to his fuckups and if that wasn't enough to hate him then his continued interviews make me want to punch the fuckign TV.

I want him gone , hes fuckign shit.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:23 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

absolute bollox. He's probably played more of his career since he started playing this game as a MF than a CB i would bet.

Move him up, move Yaya up if we won't sell...sell Nasri. Promote Denayer to Vince's spot. Try it the fuck out. Partner Yaya as a No 10 with a striker and let Dave keep roaming. Let Fernandinho partner Kompany and then add a Reus or Isco or Pogba....then we just need a fucking actual LB and we're laffing.

4-3-3, 4-4-2, 4-2-2-1-1, 4-2-3-1 fucking. whatever. you call it.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby twosips » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:40 pm

Kompany isnt good on the ball. That's the huge gaping flaw in that plan.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:47 pm

Jason Denayer would be miles better in that role imo.

Anyone notice what happened when City ever managed to string a few passes together last night ? Or when Shalke did v Real Madrid ?

Ans: they ran straight through Barca/Real respectively & could easily have scored on several occasions.

Kompay meanwhile, was up against Messi, Neymar & Suarez with no cover whatsoever.

Make him available, & both of those will be in for him, along with Bayern, Chelsea & probably PSG.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:00 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Jason Denayer would be miles better in that role imo.

Anyone notice what happened when City ever managed to string a few passes together last night ? Or when Shalke did v Real Madrid ?

Ans: they ran straight through Barca/Real respectively & could easily have scored on several occasions.

Kompay meanwhile, was up against Messi, Neymar & Suarez with no cover whatsoever.

Make him available, & both of those will be in for him, along with Bayern, Chelsea & probably PSG.

Bayern was a fluke, roma are not all that, Barca ends this phase, Yaya we need for 2 months sfter that the 'Spaniards and Pellers can jump on a plane and explain this season to the boss, good luck with that".........
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:49 am

Say what you like but sadly he is still our most important and influential player. Completely directionless when he isn't there.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:23 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Jason Denayer would be miles better in that role imo.

Bayern was a fluke, roma are not all that, Barca ends this phase, Yaya we need for 2 months sfter that the 'Spaniards and Pellers can jump on a plane and explain this season to the boss, good luck with that".........

I think you've probably missed my point Jason Lee style there, or are replying to voices in your head...
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:00 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

absolute bollox. He's probably played more of his career since he started playing this game as a MF than a CB i would bet.

Move him up, move Yaya up if we won't sell...sell Nasri. Promote Denayer to Vince's spot. Try it the fuck out. Partner Yaya as a No 10 with a striker and let Dave keep roaming. Let Fernandinho partner Kompany and then add a Reus or Isco or Pogba....then we just need a fucking actual LB and we're laffing.

cheers

Where are you getting that from Doomie? He made it at Anderlecht as a centre back that occasionally played defensive midfield, he was brought to Hamburg as Van Buyten's replacement, played centre back mostly when he wasn't injured and then joined City and played as a defensive mid until Mancini came in and put him back in his natural position.

I recall the bollox at the time praising Mancini for moving him back into defence and remember thinking why the fuck wouldn't he? That's his position.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby mr_nool » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:05 am

I called Doomy and MC deluded the last time they suggested this. That was perhaps a tad mean, but trying to convert Kompany to a midfielder would not be a clever move. The guy is short of confidence and is struggling with the ball at his feet, and you think he would flourish in a role where he constantly will get the ball with his back to the opponents with no clue of what's happening around/behind him?
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:07 am

I wouldn't mind but we don't even play a defensive mid in our system.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Scatman » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:53 am

mr_nool wrote:I called Doomy and MC deluded the last time they suggested this. That was perhaps a tad mean, but trying to convert Kompany to a midfielder would not be a clever move. The guy is short of confidence and is struggling with the ball at his feet, and you think he would flourish in a role where he constantly will get the ball with his back to the opponents with no clue of what's happening around/behind him?

So we get rid of VK, replace him with someone to partner Fern1 (Fern 2 perhaps?), do all the other stuff DM just suggested and we're laffing.

So all we need to do is take Kompany out of the side to try this one out. No transfers needed - until we can get that LB.

Do it now.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Nick » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:50 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

the thing is managers don't implement such radical ideas..

I've banged on that zaba can do this job better than Vince for years but Oh well...

Especially as we could use Sagna at RB.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:16 pm

Yaya won't be playing tomorrow. Achilles injury apparently. Milner and Kolarov out too
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby PeterParker » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:02 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

cheers

You can't do that and you know it. Let's say you do your job perfectly, in the last 3 years, you became one of the best workers on your spot in the world, now you have issues and your boss decides to put you where you were when you started working there. What impact would that have on you.

With others i am 100 % with you, Yaya has no spot in the middle, he needs to be up front. I would use Fernandinho - Fernando, then Silva, Yaya and Navas behind one striker. The problem is that, i see Sergio having problems as a poacher. He like it when there is one man in front of him.

The problem is that there is no right answer in this. We can play 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1, the real issue is we must move Yaya from that spot. If we will keep using him there, we will keep on losing.

Speaking about Denayer, i had never seen him so far, what makes him good enough to be in our squad? Actually, did anyone remember a mistake Boyata did, beside that when he got sent off against Arse? He had decent games, but limited chances. The point is that we seem to have absolutely no strategy regarding our youth. We send players to fucksville, instead of loaning them at Premier teams or Championship one, where they can grow. Plus, we need a manager that will give them chances. Sadly, look at what eleven Pellers had in the FA and Capital one cup in the past year and a half.

All in all, no Vinnie in the middle and a box to box player that knows how to defend and ship Yaya to Paris or move him up.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum