Yaya The End ?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Yaya The End ?

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:55 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:Thanks for the memories Ya Ya. One season too many but what a great 4 seasons he gave us.

Has looked a shadow this season & now doesn't have much influence, nor ability to last 90 mins either. Time is right.

The time was right last summer when all the ridiculous stuff came up. We have to remember as fans that we are amateurs at this, we get far too stuck on loving what has brought us success and far too unrealistic as out letting those players go at the right time.

We could probably have brough in £20m + last summer and not had to pay out his contract as he was agitating for a move. Now we will be lucky to cover the cost of paying out his contract. Big step forward for MCFC is moving forwards is going to be our ability as a club and as fans to disconnect with our emotions about players and managers who bring us success, and realise that there is a good time to move players on whilst they can still bring us money in
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:58 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:Thanks for the memories Ya Ya. One season too many but what a great 4 seasons he gave us.

Has looked a shadow this season & now doesn't have much influence, nor ability to last 90 mins either. Time is right.

The time was right last summer when all the ridiculous stuff came up. We have to remember as fans that we are amateurs at this, we get far too stuck on loving what has brought us success and far too unrealistic as out letting those players go at the right time.

We could probably have brough in £20m + last summer and not had to pay out his contract as he was agitating for a move. Now we will be lucky to cover the cost of paying out his contract. Big step forward for MCFC is moving forwards is going to be our ability as a club and as fans to disconnect with our emotions about players and managers who bring us success, and realise that there is a good time to move players on whilst they can still bring us money in

All that selling Yaya would have done, is weakened the squad. We had no chance of getting a similar quality replacement. We will struggle to do that next season.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Green & Blue » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:03 am

It really depends on the offer we get if its reasonable then it's a yes please from me.Tough one for sure but I think we've got the best out of Yaya and from here on in he's going to go downhill.His best hope of still being a boss on the pitch is in Italy and I'd say it's nailed on he ends up there.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:06 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

All that selling Yaya would have done, is weakened the squad. We had no chance of getting a similar quality replacement. We will struggle to do that next season.

Whilst it might have weakened the squad (based on last years yaya) there is a need for the club to recognise the commercial realities of moving people on at the right time. It's wonderful in hindsight to say that he's been poor this season so it would definitely have been the right thing to do, but the reality is that the club had an opportunity in the summer and probably chose the wrong option.

Aside from that is the issue of him weakening the midfield unit because of us needing a babysitter for him and silva. A player in there who pulls his weight might not be as effective as yaya going forward, but may actually result in a stronger midfield unit overall.

Don't just think on what we would lose out by selling yaya, but of what we stand to gain in terms of the overall team.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:10 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

Whilst it might have weakened the squad (based on last years yaya) there is a need for the club to recognise the commercial realities of moving people on at the right time. It's wonderful in hindsight to say that he's been poor this season so it would definitely have been the right thing to do, but the reality is that the club had an opportunity in the summer and probably chose the wrong option.

Aside from that is the issue of him weakening the midfield unit because of us needing a babysitter for him and silva. A player in there who pulls his weight might not be as effective as yaya going forward, but may actually result in a stronger midfield unit overall.

Don't just think on what we would lose out by selling yaya, but of what we stand to gain in terms of the overall team.

That's what we thought we'd got, with Fernando. And his performances early season proved he was exactly that, then he got injured & came back as Javi Garcia.

Selling Yaya last season, would have been very unlikely to improve things, & nobody wants to pay huge money for him.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:31 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

That's what we thought we'd got, with Fernando. And his performances early season proved he was exactly that, then he got injured & came back as Javi Garcia.

Selling Yaya last season, would have been very unlikely to improve things, & nobody wants to pay huge money for him.

No, we signed Fernando as another babysitter for Toure and Silva, not as an alternative option to Toure.

Selling Toure in the summer certainly wouldn't have improved things, but arguably it wouldn't have made things any worse and would have forced us to develop a new midfield shape which for me is why we should have considered it.

£20m and £10m off the wage bill is a very big deal. Now if we agitate for a move, we have to pay his contract up or come to a settlement, giving us a liability for another 3 years.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:10 am

Now he has won the African Nations, he has achieved everything he was ever going to achieve in the game. He has come back completely disinterested and demotivated. What is certain is the club are not getting value for money from him. The sooner he leaves the better, as far as I am concerned.

"So before you don't track their run and they score
Oh Yaya Toure, I think we should show you the door."
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby phips » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:14 am

should've flogged him to PSG last summer. if anyone at the club actually thought last season wasn't an anomaly and that he wouldn't go down hill then i dunno what they're doing in charge of a club.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:24 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:Hindsight is great, but it would have been better if we sold him last summer.

it's true...and many of us said it. Including moi.

Should have been the 50M PSG wacked out on Luiz if you ask me. He wanted it. The cunt.

He can do one....the jogging fat fuck.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:27 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

We are replacing Yaya we are looking at way to play that does leave gaps. We need energy and game management improving.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Blue In Bolton » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:09 am

Another thought to put into the mix. If you could swap David Silva for Isco; Would you? Our short passing last night was absolutely woeful for the majority of the match last night and lacks zip. A huge problem seeing as we are not going to attack down the wings and put decent crosses in.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David White

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:36 am

Isco for Silva?
I'd do it,not because he is shit but i just feel a more youthful feel to the side is needed i'd also bring Rony back from Lille.

Yaya for 20 million?
I'd do it.

Sign Reus?
I'd do it.

Sell Nasri to Juve ? try to sign Pogba?
I'd do it.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:44 am

@I'm Spartacus, we would've had to pay out for Yaya's contract last summer as despite 'agitating' he didn't actually put in a request.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wooders » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:49 am

lets all have a disco wrote:Isco for Silva?
I'd do it,not because he is shit but i just feel a more youthful feel to the side is needed i'd also bring Rony back from Lille.

Yaya for 20 million?
I'd do it.

Sign Reus?
I'd do it.

I'd do it.

Me too - *chest bump*
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Blue In Bolton » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:14 am

Wooders wrote:

Yaya for 20 million?
I'd do it.

Sign Reus?
I'd do it.

I'd do it.

Me too - *chest bump*

Bang on the money chaps. Don't think Reus would come as he has just signed a new contract at Dortmund I think. I would also get rid of Jovetic & Dzeko in favour of a better quality striker. Of whom, I haven't got a clue but if we are going to go to all intents and purposes 4-5-1 (a flexible version) then we are only going to need a maximum of three strikers anyway.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David White

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:20 am

Blue In Bolton wrote:
Wooders wrote:

Yaya for 20 million?
I'd do it.

Sign Reus?
I'd do it.

I'd do it.

Me too - *chest bump*

Bang on the money chaps. Don't think Reus would come as he has just signed a new contract at Dortmund I think. I would also get rid of Jovetic & Dzeko in favour of a better quality striker. Of whom, I haven't got a clue but if we are going to go to all intents and purposes 4-5-1 (a flexible version) then we are only going to need a maximum of three strikers anyway.

Reus would come IMHO he signed a new deal to keep his value.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:31 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:Hindsight is great, but it would have been better if we sold him last summer.

it's true...and many of us said it. Including moi.

Should have been the 50M PSG wacked out on Luiz if you ask me. He wanted it. The cunt.

He can do one....the jogging fat fuck.

cheers

I wanted to sell him in the summer when we were discussing his future with us and, from memory, I think Carl was also of the same mind.

However, a short while ago, before his departure for ACON, Yaya showed a bit of form and there was immediate criticism, on here, directed towards those who had then wanted to cash in on him.

Just shows now, how illusory that little bit of apparent form really was.

I just wish we could stuff a load of cake down his throat and ship him off to PSG tomorrow.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby City64 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:03 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:

Very possibly this ^^^^^
It was also noticeable our midfield stepped up a higher tempo even though chasing the game after the lazy cunt was subbed.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:37 pm

Wooders wrote:

Yaya for 20 million?
I'd do it.

Sign Reus?
I'd do it.

I'd do it.

Me too - *chest bump*

Id agree with all those moves, apart from the top one. However - back in reality Isco wont be coming unless Soriano and Begiristain are joining Pellegrini out of the door, with Isco apparenty persona non grata after his about turn 2 summers ago.

Reus isn't going to come now, sad as that is. Nasri to Juve Id do in a heartbeat - however, Juve's offer of a "loan deal" with others paying 99% of the wages probably wont help us mutch.

A better deal with Juve would surely be peddling Jovetic and Kolarov off to Juve and part-exing that towards Pogba who is a player we need so badly, and so obviously, that it wont happen.

Id offer Juve Nasri, Kolarov, Jovetic, Caballero and Sagna plus money, plus an autographed pic of Javi Garcia's missus for Pogba.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ross.mcfc » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:18 pm

I concur with the majority of people on this thread who believe he should go in the summer. Who replaces him is a big question and should have been addressed while he was red hot. You fix the roof when it is not raining.

I don't agree he should of gone last summer, the decision he was going at the end of this year was made last summer but if we sold him then

1) We would have been held to ransom over any replacement as we would have been desperate

2) You cannot allow a player to dictate when he wants a move and rewarding his summer behavior by giving him what he wants, it sets a precedent.

We have far too many arseholes in our side (looking at you Nasri) to even give them an inch would be suicide. Much like the Tevez situation, no matter how much of a cock you are, it is the club that decides when you leave.
Last edited by ross.mcfc on Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum