Can we buy a midfielder to help fern?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Can we buy a midfielder to help fern?

Postby john@staustell » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:09 am

We need to try and get to May now, hopefully keeping 2nd place.

After that

“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby PrezIke » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:12 pm

PeterParker wrote:I am looking at Everton playing Kiev. How much money did they want for Barkley? 60 mil?

If we go for this fella and we pay more than 10 mil, Soriano and the other one can fuck off.

Clearly not been the same since his injury.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Nick » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:25 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Nick wrote:Im gonna put it out there, I thought Navas had a good game.

9/10 of the times last night he put balls in where there were ZERO people in the box. OK, so people want one up front. But Aguero was so deep it was unbelievable. Why? He wasn't the usual Aguero last night, it was disappotinting from him. The reason Navas sometimes hesitates is that nobody is ever in the box. And that INCLUDES when we play dzeko and aguero (dzeko loves trying to play left wing).

Bony has looked like Benjani in all of his cameos. However; in his only start, at Leicester for me played really well and was unlucky to not bag 1-2 goals. He needs starts.

I thought Navas did ok, but on the point where you state there was no-one in the box, it wasn't only Navas that had that issue! Kolarov overlapped and was the furthest person forward (with the ball) on two occasions and there was nobody for him to cross to. It was criminal, its not like we don't know where he is going when he overlaps and what he is going to do with the ball f he gets it given to him.

I also would like to give my backing to Fernandinho too, I thought he gave everything last night, there was no lack of effort from him.

Yaya can go for me, unless he is going to play as an attacking mid, he cannot cut it anymore, it has been pointed out too many ties. He is aliability

I agree - the difference for me between Kolorov and Navas on the wings is that Kolorov puts the ball in to nobody which frustrates the fuck out of me. Whereas Navas looks, sees nobody is there, so tries to keep the balls then gets groaned at by the fans for losing it against 2-3 players.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby getdressedmctavish » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:26 pm

In my view Kolarov is an infinitely more dangerous with crosses than navas. There is always more space when Kolarov gets to the line, why cant the fuckers get infront of their man at the near post. Navas' crosses are always blocked cos
1, he couldn't pick his nose never minds pick out a player,
2, his move is predictable and slow whereas Kolarov is breaking from deep into space.
Imo the Counts biggest failing is not to comprehend that it is far easier for someone to burst into space from deep than for someone playing up front to make it.Navas is quick but he negates this by ALWAYS stopping,
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:16 pm

City have ditched a lot of basics, 2nd ball we have no interest in a dropping ball. Lampard is more of a goal threat than of our midfield. We have no decent delivery from set plays or open plays, which a decent M/F will latch onto, another mistake in not using the best in the biz. Playing with limited options are hurting us. City need variety in the play, Fern is worth keeping, it will be interesting to see him with more energy around him.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:54 am

getdressedmctavish wrote:In my view Kolarov is an infinitely more dangerous with crosses than navas. There is always more space when Kolarov gets to the line, why cant the fuckers get infront of their man at the near post. Navas' crosses are always blocked cos
1, he couldn't pick his nose never minds pick out a player,
2, his move is predictable and slow whereas Kolarov is breaking from deep into space.
Imo the Counts biggest failing is not to comprehend that it is far easier for someone to burst into space from deep than for someone playing up front to make it.Navas is quick but he negates this by ALWAYS stopping,

Navas isn't the best for picking players out accurately, but neither is Kolarov; he just hits areas. The difference is; Navas puts in a shift all round the pitch & probably even rescues more situations than Kolarov does in defence.

Navas puts loads of crosses right into that near post area which could be scored from. Many more than Kolarov. At least one blatant, easy chance per game goes missing. I sit right at the pefect angle to see what Navas is about to do, & watch Aguero, Dzeko etc, sit back at the edge of the box totally failing to read it, after two years, still they can't sniff it out. Milner & Jovetic are actually more likely to get in there.

I've never seen two players so prolific at scoring goals, with so little instinct at sniffing out chances. I recon even Fatty Fowler would get more goals from Navas than they do.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum