flat track bullies

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: flat track bullies

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:18 am

I'm with you NT.
It's a perfect description of us this year. Collectively and some individuals.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:26 pm

We are the best footballing side in the country, if anyone goes tow to toe and actually try and play football, we will beat them. However, I wish it was that simple. The players should also give 100% effort and this has not been the case on too many occasions. We should not have to carry passengers. Burnley are SHIT, really SHIT, but they each gave 100%. Not 1 of the burnley players came off that pitch thinking I could have tried harder. 11 of the City players did, thats the difference.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:33 pm

Wonderwall wrote:We are the best footballing side in the country, if anyone goes tow to toe and actually try and play football, we will beat them. However, I wish it was that simple. The players should also give 100% effort and this has not been the case on too many occasions. We should not have to carry passengers. Burnley are SHIT, really SHIT, but they each gave 100%. Not 1 of the burnley players came off that pitch thinking I could have tried harder. 11 of the City players did, thats the difference.

Absolutley true, but the reason we didn't beat Burnley, or Newcastle for that matter, was because we were shit.

We had the ball most of the time so didn't need to run after it. But we had no spark for beating people like Ben Mee. It's not just City either. Chelsea are the same, they have just got away with it more.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby nottsblue » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:05 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:We are the best footballing side in the country, if anyone goes tow to toe and actually try and play football, we will beat them. However, I wish it was that simple. The players should also give 100% effort and this has not been the case on too many occasions. We should not have to carry passengers. Burnley are SHIT, really SHIT, but they each gave 100%. Not 1 of the burnley players came off that pitch thinking I could have tried harder. 11 of the City players did, thats the difference.

Absolutley true, but the reason we didn't beat Burnley, or Newcastle for that matter, was because we were shit.

We had the ball most of the time so didn't need to run after it. But we had no spark for beating people like Ben Mee. It's not just City either. Chelsea are the same, they have just got away with it more.

What makes it more annoying/baffling is that last season we smashed teams like that. Again and again. If we knew exactly what has changed we are back in business and still in the hunt. Sadly, I don't think the management actually can put their finger on it, so we will be likely scratching our heads in a few more fixtures this season
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:22 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

What makes it more annoying/baffling is that last season we smashed teams like that. Again and again. If we knew exactly what has changed we are back in business and still in the hunt. Sadly, I don't think the management actually can put their finger on it, so we will be likely scratching our heads in a few more fixtures this season

Pellers mentioned again this week that we need to trust in the system. That said it all for me.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:59 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

We beat Newcastle 5-0.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVQPImWxqEk
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:06 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:You still trying to argue your point NT? In football the term "flat track bully" refers to a player or a team that beats inferior opponents but cannot beat top level opponents.

In cricket it may mean something different but this is not cricket.

we're all right and i'll give up now.
got to start training for my fight with the shandy boy herb
anyway...
we can't beat anyone at the moment

We couldn't beat our dicks with a jar of Vaseline and a selection from the Christy Canyon library.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:02 pm

Actually managed it today, apart from not scoring ten.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:08 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Actually managed it today, apart from not scoring ten.

the track was very flat
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:39 pm

Seeing Doomy write

DoomMerchant wrote:We couldn't beat our dicks with a jar of Vaseline and a selection from the Christy Canyon library.

Cheers

then Teds reply

Had me very confused
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:41 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Seeing Doomy write

DoomMerchant wrote:We couldn't beat our dicks with a jar of Vaseline and a selection from the Christy Canyon library.

Cheers

then Teds reply

Had me very confused

are you calling ted a wanker?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:30 pm

Story of our season have missed tons of chances Everton away we should have gone in 4-0 hung on for 1-1 Boro in the cup 5- 0 at half time we lose. Chelseaa t home Silva missed from 2 yards twice. Scum we missed loads of chances should have had a penalty and them down to 9, hanging on in the end.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum