City in for Bale and Tranny....?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: City in for Bale and Tranny....?

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:36 pm

Nobody knows how good Barker will become. He has the talent to be a real top of the tree player, but it's not easy to know at this stage, whether that will happen, just as it would have been laughable to suggest Gareth Bale, at the same age, would end up at Real Madrid. If you compare the two at the same age, then you'd say Barker has a bigger chance, but that doesn't mean you'd be right.

What is certain, is that Barker has the potential to be an 'A' list player, as do several others, & some twat coming on sneering at people, saying that only Lopes has the potential to be a top player, is just that: a twat.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:59 am

Comparing Barker to Bale is a weird one. Bale is a game changer at the highest level, the kid is potential playing against kids, Lopes is doing it in France ? But he is a talent. Going back to Bale, as I posted 2 years ago he is a game changer. Sadly destined to be a rag IMHO.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Herb » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:16 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Nobody knows how good Barker will become. He has the talent to be a real top of the tree player, but it's not easy to know at this stage, whether that will happen, just as it would have been laughable to suggest Gareth Bale, at the same age, would end up at Real Madrid. If you compare the two at the same age, then you'd say Barker has a bigger chance, but that doesn't mean you'd be right.

What is certain, is that Barker has the potential to be an 'A' list player, as do several others, & some twat coming on sneering at people, saying that only Lopes has the potential to be a top player, is just that: a twat.

With respect to the terminology generally used on this forum, I'll back this opinion and add that 'game changer' bale has been so gamechangingly fantabulous in Madrid that the fans there wish he'd fuck off . . . or, in other words, that the fans who watch him close-up week in and week out in a league less demanding that the PL don't feel that he was worth the silly money paid for him . . . Having already suffered the agonies of a good slap from the FFP restrictions this season, I for one wouldn't want us to fork out anything more that £45m for bale as he's good but certainly not £80m good.
In short; as Madrid won't take a bid in the balls for him I don't want him bought because IMO he wasn't and still isn't worth anything near what they paid for him.

If we pay top dollar for any player then I say bring in a top keeper to give our defence some confidence!
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:02 am

Herb wrote:
If we pay top dollar for any player then I say bring in a top keeper to give our defence some confidence!

If you don't get a bite from that I'll be very very surprised!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:10 am

Herb wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Nobody knows how good Barker will become. He has the talent to be a real top of the tree player, but it's not easy to know at this stage, whether that will happen, just as it would have been laughable to suggest Gareth Bale, at the same age, would end up at Real Madrid. If you compare the two at the same age, then you'd say Barker has a bigger chance, but that doesn't mean you'd be right.

With respect to the terminology generally used on this forum, I'll back this opinion and add that 'game changer' bale has been so gamechangingly fantabulous in Madrid that the fans there wish he'd fuck off . . . or, in other words, that the fans who watch him close-up week in and week out in a league less demanding that the PL don't feel that he was worth the silly money paid for him . . . Having already suffered the agonies of a good slap from the FFP restrictions this season, I for one wouldn't want us to fork out anything more that £45m for bale as he's good but certainly not £80m good.
In short; as Madrid won't take a bid in the balls for him I don't want him bought because IMO he wasn't and still isn't worth anything near what they paid for him.

thibaut 'beaten by a 65 yarder' courtois?
asmir 'there you go chelsea' begovic?
david 'whoops, it squirmed under me' de gea?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Wooders » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:15 am

I agree with the consensus that we shouldn't blue large wads of cash on him however I suspect we'll have a decent kitty for players this summer (unless they suddenly change ffp rules again and, oh look, city fall foul of it) - I think splashing out on him and sterling would give good balance to the team and the likes of dzeko, if he stays, and bony will get good service into the box - which is what they've desperately lacked this season
I'd stay away from berkley for another season - that way we'll see if he's worth this ridiculous fee Everton want for him, and he'd be another year down on his contract.
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:20 am

Herb wrote:

Herb, Benzema was the scape goat, Isco was out of his depth. This is Madrid ...... Team CR7 do not do blame, Anceloti under pressure after laying the golden egg last season ! Bale is 25 goals his pace is better than anything we have he knows the league plus another goal option. I still think he will be a rag.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Herb » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:53 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Herb wrote:

thibaut 'beaten by a 65 yarder' courtois?
asmir 'there you go chelsea' begovic?
david 'whoops, it squirmed under me' de gea?

Yada yada yada . .

Yes, of course Nigel's Tithead .. you are so right Flapper hart is the best keeper in the prem - renown for his skills In organising a defence, superb at commanding the box and catching from corners, never punches the ball to the opposition when an easy catch could be made and inevitably distributes quickly and accurately to relive pressure and put the opposition on the back foot . . and, of course, far far superior to degea to the degree that Barca And Madrid are lining up earth-shattering bids for him . . . and then you wake up and the wet dreams over for another day . . Hahaha

And that was a very astute prediction from Hazy!
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Herb » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:05 am

Hazy2 wrote:Herb, Benzema was the scape goat, Isco was out of his depth. This is Madrid ...... Team CR7 do not do blame, Anceloti under pressure after laying the golden egg last season ! Bale is 25 goals his pace is better than anything we have he knows the league plus another goal option. I still think he will be a rag.

You could well be right Hazy, and if we do buy Bale then I'll be double chuffed if he meets his promise - probably more chance of that than joe the clown suddenly gaining the basic skills required to be a top keeper (though I'd be treble chuffed if that miracle ever occurred because joe's a nice bloke and I would've loved him to improve in line with our rise from mid-table).
Bale IS a proven talent but a remain to be convinced that he's a talent worth circa £80m + £300k a week in a scenario where value for money is an absolute must due to that FFP bollocks . . in fact I'd rather we paid £120m for Messi than £80m for Bale.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum