City in for Bale and Tranny....?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: City in for Bale and Tranny....?

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:56 pm

No doubt they'll be coming in the same private jet as Messi.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:09 pm

Bale up front with Aguero and Bony would terrorise Premier league defences. Worth a good chunk of this years budget. Especially if one or more are moved on with decent fees. I think if Pellegrini is still in charge for the transfer window we may see just two 'crack signings'. Bale and Pogba or other top midfielder would sit nicely with me
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:13 pm

nottsblue wrote:Bale up front with Aguero and Bony would terrorise Premier league defences. Worth a good chunk of this years budget. Especially if one or more are moved on with decent fees. I think if Pellegrini is still in charge for the transfer window we may see just two 'crack signings'. Bale and Pogba or other top midfielder would sit nicely with me

not sure if serious...
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby nottsblue » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:21 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Bale up front with Aguero and Bony would terrorise Premier league defences. Worth a good chunk of this years budget. Especially if one or more are moved on with decent fees. I think if Pellegrini is still in charge for the transfer window we may see just two 'crack signings'. Bale and Pogba or other top midfielder would sit nicely with me

not sure if serious...

Yes, serious. He scored for fun at Swansea, is big and powerful and I think will score goals for us if the service is right. Bale, or Reus for that matter, would bring an injection of pace coupled with a directness that Navas doesn't bring which IMO would benefit Kun and Bony. He has barely had time to wipe his ass at City. I for one, was not overly thrilled by his acquisition but we have him and let's get behind him. You never know, he could turn out to be a 15/20 league goal striker
nottsblue

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby twosips » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:47 am

I personally want more than 15/20 goals from a 30m striker...
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Slim » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:58 pm

Sister of fu wrote:I would love us to sign Bale but they must put a clause in his contract that says he can not under no circumstances do that love heart celebration. Its so embarrassing.

Even if we have to pay him extra!
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wilson Raine » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:29 pm

Don't want or need the overpriced twat - at least 60+ mil - no way kidda - bring in lopes or zuculini. City can't keep throwing millions about, that thrice damned FFP shite!
Wilson Raine
De Michelis's Pace

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby twosips » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:08 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... efeat.html

I really don't think Bale's gonna last long there. He's gotta be a priority for us as he's exactly the kind of player we need. If he goes to the rags or Chelsea i'll be livid.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:10 pm

Marca have today said of Bale that they paid for a car and got a bike.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby twosips » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:16 pm

The press absolutely dictate proceedings over there. There's no way he'll last if they've said that.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:25 pm

twosips wrote:The press absolutely dictate proceedings over there. There's no way he'll last if they've said that.

Saw some footage of the fans abusing the players last night following the result in the el Clasico, Mr Bale was not treated very nicely at all. I wouldnt see him staying if this carries on.

Still dont think he is worth £40m and think Real got absolutely burned by Levy. He can be very very good on his day, but he isnt exactly gifted as a footballer, he has pace and power, typical player from the UK shores.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby twosips » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:32 pm

I wouldn't really agree with that at all. He's got a wonderful left foot. He's not Messi, no, but who is? He can be a damn sight more effective than someone like Nasri has been recently.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:34 pm

twosips wrote:I wouldn't really agree with that at all. He's got a wonderful left foot. He's not Messi, no, but who is? He can be a damn sight more effective than someone like Nasri has been recently.

you think he is worth£85m? maybe £60m or even £40m? Not me, he does have a good left foot but he is not as good a footballer as Silva IMO.
Wonderwall

Postby twosips » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:02 pm

£85m? No. But I think he is worth £40m, yes. Easy. Especially in today's market. Luke Shaw, Lallana for example going for around £30m. I think he's a brilliant player capable of scoring all manner of spectacular goals from game to game.

Watch on youtube.com

Look at that season at Spurs. Magical stuff.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:14 pm

one swan doesn't make summer

He has had some great games and one very good season. He IS a good player and I think he would give us the drive and energy we need, but not at the prices being chucked around by he media, no thanks, £30m tops. Just because people have overpaid for Carroll, Lallana etc, it doesnt mean Bale should be over exaggerated and over inflated IMO.
Wonderwall

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:04 pm

Wonderwall wrote:one swan doesn't make summer

He has had some great games and one very good season. He IS a good player and I think he would give us the drive and energy we need, but not at the prices being chucked around by he media, no thanks, £30m tops. Just because people have overpaid for Carroll, Lallana etc, it doesnt mean Bale should be over exaggerated and over inflated IMO.

30m is peanuts for a player these days, you get a bony/lallana/lovren for that, world class players like bale and he is one are 50m upwards, i would pay whatever it takes, give me a bale over two or three mediocre signings any day of the week. The guy is a world beater and exactly what we need.

O and he had two absolute cracking seasons and a couple of really good seasons with spurs!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby AntMcfc » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:13 pm

Dubciteh wrote:

30m is peanuts for a player these days, you get a bony/lallana/lovren for that, world class players like bale and he is one are 50m upwards, i would pay whatever it takes, give me a bale over two or three mediocre signings any day of the week. The guy is a world beater and exactly what we need.

O and he had two absolute cracking seasons and a couple of really good seasons with spurs!

Spot on. Our recent problems have stemmed from buying too many half-priced players and not going all out for the stars. We've added Jovetic and Bony for a combined £55m, could've easily signed Suarez for that in the summer where we bought Jovetic.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:24 pm

Dubciteh wrote:

He had 1 really good season with spurs his final season, before that he was very inconsistent, he had some great games in 2010/11 season when he tore Inter apart, but again he was very inconsistent. He did well with Madrid in his first season and scored goals but if you look at some of the opposition where Madrid were scoring 6/7/8 goals, its not like he was up against difficult opponents, however, he did score some big goals and big games. (Doffs Cap). This season he started well but has lost form and is blowing hot and cold again. I really dont understand the way people say he is "World Class", IMO those people watch Sky Sports News too much.
Wonderwall

Postby blues2win » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:30 pm

Guillem Balague says he'll explain in an hour on Revista de la Liga why there's zero chance of either Bale or Ronaldo leaving Real this summer.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:49 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

He had 1 really good season with spurs his final season, before that he was very inconsistent, he had some great games in 2010/11 season when he tore Inter apart, but again he was very inconsistent. He did well with Madrid in his first season and scored goals but if you look at some of the opposition where Madrid were scoring 6/7/8 goals, its not like he was up against difficult opponents, however, he did score some big goals and big games. (Doffs Cap). This season he started well but has lost form and is blowing hot and cold again. I really dont understand the way people say he is "World Class", IMO those people watch Sky Sports News too much.

The season before he was sold to Real, he was also top class. I dont have stats off hand but must dig them out. He has shown he can do it in a mediocre team and showed he can do it in a big team for me. I dont think theres a better attacking left sided player out there(messi and ronaldo aside as dont consider them truly left sided), prob why he can be labelled as world class but then again that depends on your definition of world class.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum