Is it time to start again?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Is it time to start again?

Postby Mase » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:33 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Mase wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
Mase wrote:"physical violence towards Balotelli"

Bloody ell mate he dragged him by his top. Hardly call it physical violence for crying out loud. As a manager he shouldn't do it. Probably as much as Sir Alice shouldn't have kicked/thrown a boot at Beckham. It happens.

And if that happened in your workplace?

Like I said, it wasn't the only incident, it was just the only one reported

Ahh the old "if that happened in your workplace" argument. The fact is football is completely different and separate from any normal work place in the world! It's been proven time and time again. If I failed a drugs test where I worked I would get fired. I wouldn't just get a couple of months ban from work.
If it came out at work that I'd had a threesome with a couple of hookers in my own private time I'm sure no one would be bothered. But if I football does it its all over the papers.

You can't compare 'normal' jobs to football.

But just like the pattern of behaviour of players who appear to be downing tools under successive managers, Mancini displayed a pattern of behaviour towards everyone at the club which was frankly weird.

He got away with it for as long as he brought success (hence I agree to an extent with your argument about football being different), but the minute his methods stopped bringing success, his political capital in the eyes of the Spafia was practically zero and that pattern of behaviour could no longer be tolerated.

This is why I hope it's different with Pellegrini, and that the club support him over the players this time round. He's not (as far as we know) alienated everyone in the club with weird and aggressive behaviour, but by all accounts is a decent guy who has shown he knows how to win. They don't have the excuse that they had with Mancini, and that alone should raise enough questions with the Spafia about the role of the players in our current predicament.

I agree that it was the right time for Mancini to go for what it's worth.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:13 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Mancini was a nutter who also wanted total control of the club, like Ferguson. City don't want the club to be dependant on the manager, so he's gone.

I think one of our big players may go next season but I don't think it will be Silva.

Balo who would not want to fill him in. Mancini lost nothing in putting the loon in his place The players who threw an FA Cup Final have proved they are just as flawed time and time again, tbf they have provided the greatest of times as well mixed in with cowardly performances.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:52 am

I'd being using Jovetic and Nasri as bait for Pogba,

Dzeko can go to Germany, Kolarov to italy.

Fernando the local market

Fernandinho Spain.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby sheblue » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:30 am

lets all have a disco wrote:I'd being using Jovetic and Nasri as bait for Pogba,

Dzeko can go to Germany, Kolarov to italy.

Fernando the local market

Fernandinho Spain.

cattle market? seriously he could be good if he did not have to do it all himself.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:53 am

Or we could just leave him alone for a while & see if he can get used to the pace of the Premier League, which he admits he hasn't managed to do, yet.

If you were to make a list of players who struggled at new clubs, & then imagine what would have happened if they had been discarded in their first season, some of the best players of all time would have been moved on as being 'shit'. And many household names who became club legends.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:14 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Or we could just leave him alone for a while & see if he can get used to the pace of the Premier League, which he admits he hasn't managed to do, yet.

If you were to make a list of players who struggled at new clubs, & then imagine what would have happened if they had been discarded in their first season, some of the best players of all time would have been moved on as being 'shit'. And many household names who became club legends.

Henry is a prime example!
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:18 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Or we could just leave him alone for a while & see if he can get used to the pace of the Premier League, which he admits he hasn't managed to do, yet.

Wait a darn minute, Henry was brought in as a winger Arsene through good management realised he would be a better forward and set about the process of converting him into one of IMHO the best three strikers to grace the field.
Maybe we should play Fernando elsewhere.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:21 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Wait a darn minute, Henry was brought in as a winger Arsene through good management realised he would be a better forward and set about the process of converting him into one of IMHO the best three strikers to grace the field.
Maybe we should play Fernando elsewhere.

Maybe we should have a look at him next season & see if he comes to terms with it all, rather than turning on him now ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dameerto » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:24 pm

How tall is Fernando? He'd probably do a decent job in central defence right now - that's the strongest area of his game. Might be a bit on the 'skinny' side for the Prem though.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:36 pm

Dameerto wrote:How tall is Fernando? He'd probably do a decent job in central defence right now - that's the strongest area of his game. Might be a bit on the 'skinny' side for the Prem though.

I threw that out as a random thought last week or the week before. If he curbed the diving in bit, who knows.
I'm not a big fan of him, for his technical inability, but I wouldn't write him off yet. He certainly doesn't hide from work. Unfortunately the amount he is left to do on his own, he is just not capable of handling alone.
He wouldn't be first in my list of 'who to sell in the summer'.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:52 pm

Not a bad idea, Is that the reason Milner has not signed a new deal though, he wants to lose his tag of jack of all trades, Is he on a promise of the holding roll with Henderson at the dippers?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby sheblue » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:21 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Dameerto wrote:How tall is Fernando? He'd probably do a decent job in central defence right now - that's the strongest area of his game. Might be a bit on the 'skinny' side for the Prem though.

I threw that out as a random thought last week or the week before. If he curbed the diving in bit, who knows.
I'm not a big fan of him, for his technical inability, but I wouldn't write him off yet. He certainly doesn't hide from work. Unfortunately the amount he is left to do on his own, he is just not capable of handling alone.
He wouldn't be first in my list of 'who to sell in the summer'.

This is a big problem for him, often asked to do too much while the others stroll around leaving it all up to him. After his debut in the first game, newcastle away, it was clear that some in the team would just sit back and let him do it.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:18 pm

Hazy2 wrote:

Not a bad idea, Is that the reason Milner has not signed a new deal though, he wants to lose his tag of jack of all trades, Is he on a promise of the holding roll with Henderson at the dippers?

Milner wants to play centre attacking mid apparently. So does Silva, Nasri, Yaya, Jovetic, Rony Lopes, Pozo....

I remember Souness saying years ago he arrived to manage a club & half the team told him they wanted to play 'just behind the striker'. He figured out they were a bunch of lazy cunts.

Tbf to Milner, it wouldn't be a bad shout to try him there. He would put more energy into working around Aguero, than any of the others.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:25 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Maybe we should play Fernando elsewhere.

Aye, Boundary fucking Park.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:38 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:

I don't get why people are so down on Fernando. He's done some shit stuff & some good stuff. He hasn't had many top games or total shit games but plenty of 'so so' ones. I would say that is similar to the rest, apart from a couple who have had a lot of shit games, Vinny & Zabba for a start.

He hasn't proven himself good enough for City so far this season, but very few have. At least he has a bit of an excuse, being a new player.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:52 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

Milner wants to play centre attacking mid apparently. So does Silva, Nasri, Yaya, Jovetic, Rony Lopes, Pozo....

I remember Souness saying years ago he arrived to manage a club & half the team told him they wanted to play 'just behind the striker'. He figured out they were a bunch of lazy cunts.

Tbf to Milner, it wouldn't be a bad shout to try him there. He would put more energy into working around Aguero, than any of the others.

He nearly won us the League on hi own the rotation of him has had me baffled, no other fucker has deserved a 10/15 game run in a role, sad times that he must feel fuck it, see ya later !!!!!!!!!!!
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:56 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

He nearly won us the League on hi own the rotation of him has had me baffled, no other fucker has deserved a 10/15 game run in a role, sad times that he must feel fuck it, see ya later !!!!!!!!!!!

He's been injured.

Pellegrini has started him in plenty of important games. Probably will tonight if he's fit enough.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:16 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

I don't get why people are so down on Fernando. He's done some shit stuff & some good stuff. He hasn't had many top games or total shit games but plenty of 'so so' ones. I would say that is similar to the rest, apart from a couple who have had a lot of shit games, Vinny & Zabba for a start.

He hasn't proven himself good enough for City so far this season, but very few have. At least he has a bit of an excuse, being a new player.

maybe not Ted, but I pissed myself at TB's response. Its good to laugh!
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:27 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

So did I, but Fernando is the best quality laughing stock I've ever seen.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:31 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

So did I, but Fernando is the best quality laughing stock I've ever seen.

Best quality Ted, that is stretching it ! I wish the lad well BTW. Despite the warm words I see Milner at Liverpool sadly.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum