Is it time to start again?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Is it time to start again?

Postby nottsblue » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:29 pm

We may not have to start again per se. It is possible just a couple of alterations might alter the dynamic and make up of the team. Intrinsically the side is still the same as won two titles in three years. If there are one or two bad apples that get removed (Nasri, Yaya, Dzeko, don't know but likely suspects) and they are replaced with fresh blood with a point to prove we might see others rediscover their form. Sometimes players play better with others, Navas/Zabba for example. Both seem to have their better games when they team up. According to the EDS reports Angelino and Barker form quite the team down the left.

Fernandinho can get to doing his job well and not worry about covering the whole midfield
Kompany can get back to defending and marshalling the back four in the knowledge they have adequate cover in midfield
Silva can dictate play without Nasri and/or Yaya getting in the way
Aguero can get the service he thrives on

Changes are needed, there's no question of that, it's possible we just don't need wholesale changes.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:35 pm

8 cunts out
Kids in
Some Crack
A coupla people who can run and aren't fucking geriatric old fucks pushing 30.

Boom.

Let's go

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby bayblue » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:37 pm

Seems a collective knee jerk going on here with a few honourable exceptions. I'm also seeing a lot of "get rid of all these so and sos" without much positive suggestions of first who the players are that are so much better than what we have and second any practical view of how any team could cope with such a revolution.

I don't know if this is true but one paper today said we had signed 17 players since Aguero's winner v QPR. Scary if true and doesn't give me any confidence that we, or any club, would be capable of improving their fortunes by getting rid of up to half the team as many here have suggested.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby City64 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:41 pm

nottsblue wrote:We may not have to start again per se. It is possible just a couple of alterations might alter the dynamic and make up of the team. Intrinsically the side is still the same as won two titles in three years. If there are one or two bad apples that get removed (Nasri, Yaya, Dzeko, don't know but likely suspects) and they are replaced with fresh blood with a point to prove we might see others rediscover their form. Sometimes players play better with others, Navas/Zabba for example. Both seem to have their better games when they team up. According to the EDS reports Angelino and Barker form quite the team down the left.

Fernandinho can get to doing his job well and not worry about covering the whole midfield
Kompany can get back to defending and marshalling the back four in the knowledge they have adequate cover in midfield

Changes are needed, there's no question of that, it's possible we just don't need wholesale changes.

Just 3 wins in our last 12 games and one of those wins was a pathetic lacklustre home win versus bottom of the league Leicester City . Call it what you want crisis / mess / shambles . the buck stops with the manager at the end of the day whether the players don't give a fuck or not ! 3 points on Saturday is absolutey vital now , nothing else will do.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:41 pm

nottsblue wrote:We may not have to start again per se. It is possible just a couple of alterations might alter the dynamic and make up of the team. Intrinsically the side is still the same as won two titles in three years. If there are one or two bad apples that get removed (Nasri, Yaya, Dzeko, don't know but likely suspects) and they are replaced with fresh blood with a point to prove we might see others rediscover their form. Sometimes players play better with others, Navas/Zabba for example. Both seem to have their better games when they team up. According to the EDS reports Angelino and Barker form quite the team down the left.

The players you mention (emboldened) are near enough the spine of our squad and that's the part you don't change unless you are actually upgrading. I mentioned a few games back that we don't have the team to press for prolonged period of time due to our ageing squad which is probably the oldest in the league. There is no serious issues with this squad of players that a bit of youth couldn't resolve.

We need to keep the experience and supplement it with speed and guile. An easy solution it can be said, but getting the right players is a must.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:47 pm

To reach the standard Barca were at last night, we probably do need wholesale changes, but it would be mental imo to make those changes in one go.

There are a few players who are not good enough imo, proven so. I would like to see them go just as a matter of course, but if we are changing any of the 'big' players, I think it needs to be done gradually.

If we just concentrate on rebuilding the team & trying to win the title next season , rather than trying to catch Barca, then imo that is as much as can be expected. If the Sheikh wants to catch Barca quicker, then he needs to go & sign Messi. Then it will happen very quickly indeed.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:50 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

To reach the standard Barca were at last night, we probably do need wholesale changes, but it would be mental imo to make those changes in one go.

There are a few players who are not good enough imo, proven so. I would like to see them go just as a matter of course, but if we are changing any of the 'big' players, I think it needs to be done gradually.

If we just concentrate on rebuilding the team & trying to win the title next season , rather than trying to catch Barca, then imo that is as much as can be expected. If the Sheikh wants to catch Barca quicker, then he needs to go & sign Messi. Then it will happen very quickly indeed.

To reach last nights Barca standards it would take near a billion pounds and time to get them adjusted, and then it's a gamble. Either that or trust in the youth, bringing them through slowly.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:59 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

The players you mention (emboldened) are near enough the spine of our squad and that's the part you don't change unless you are actually upgrading. I mentioned a few games back that we don't have the team to press for prolonged period of time due to our ageing squad which is probably the oldest in the league. There is no serious issues with this squad of players that a bit of youth couldn't resolve.

We need to keep the experience and supplement it with speed and guile. An easy solution it can be said, but getting the right players is a must.

The funny thing is, I bet most of what we need is already at the club in the Academy. It just hasn't come to fruition yet, but in three or fours years we may see some great returns. I think by that time we will see only top players coming in to keep the squad fresh, which Is one of the reasons we find ourselves in the predicament we are in
nottsblue

Postby City64 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:11 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

I

To reach last nights Barca standards it would take near a billion pounds and time to get them adjusted, and then it's a gamble. Either that or trust in the youth, bringing them through slowly.

Both ties versus Barca this season and last were both lost at the Etihad through tactical fuck ups by Pellegrini and poor performances from some of our players plus 2 red cards . Its all fine margins and using Barca as a yardstick for our development is very dangerous imho .
Last edited by City64 on Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:11 pm

^^ that's probably true but but not a billion, we will still need some big signings as well as youth I think.

Just reading a piece online Telegraph which says Vieira's contract is up in the summer & he has not been offered a new one, nor are talks planned. It also says he is very highly rated by Txiki & Soriano & that he will have done his coaching badges by then & be qualified to be a senior coach.

Interesting. Vieira said last summer that you don't just go from youth coach to managing City but also that he wanted to be a manager. He also said he would never do anything without the blessing of City.

Manager elsewhere ? Assistant manager at City ? Manager at City ? Or just that both sides trust each other & don't need a contract ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:33 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

The funny thing is, I bet most of what we need is already at the club in the Academy. It just hasn't come to fruition yet, but in three or fours years we may see some great returns. I think by that time we will see only top players coming in to keep the squad fresh, which Is one of the reasons we find ourselves in the predicament we are in

And a very good policy. Having the core of the team intrinsic rather than extrinsic brings it's own benefits. The players brought in, regardless of the price, have to play to the City way and learn/understand the club rather than them being the big dogs and dictating.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:36 pm

City64 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

I

Both ties versus Barca this season and last were both lost at the Etihad through tactical fuck ups by Pellegrini and poor performances from some of our players plus 2 red cards . Its all fine margins and using Barca as a yardstick for our development is very dangerous imho .

Obviously hypothetical mate and I would never use Barca as a yardstick, unless we were ready to actually win the thing.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:37 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:^^ that's probably true but but not a billion, we will still need some big signings as well as youth I think.

Just reading a piece online Telegraph which says Vieira's contract is up in the summer & he has not been offered a new one, nor are talks planned. It also says he is very highly rated by Txiki & Soriano & that he will have done his coaching badges by then & be qualified to be a senior coach.

Interesting. Vieira said last summer that you don't just go from youth coach to managing City but also that he wanted to be a manager. He also said he would never do anything without the blessing of City.

Manager elsewhere ? Assistant manager at City ? Manager at City ? Or just that both sides trust each other & don't need a contract ?

Latter.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:37 pm

We have had a mare of a season. Recruitment shocking. Player rotation baffling. Domestic cups, tossed off. Form of the players disturbing. Passion and fight, non existent. Last night a reality check for us all. Vieira out if contract . Last night has to have been the most one side game since Henshaws packed up. If the SHeik and Khaldoon were not on the blower we have defo problems, that was embarrassing, I. wonder if the expression taking the piss is used in A.D. Standards at City in the first team are so low with world watching it would be crazy to suggest anything but big changes are around the corner.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:41 pm

Hazy2 wrote:We have had a mare of a season. Recruitment shocking. Player rotation baffling. Domestic cups, tossed off. Form of the players disturbing. Passion and fight, non existent. Last night a reality check for us all. Vieira out if contract . Last night has to have been the most one side game since Henshaws packed up. If the SHeik and Khaldoon were not on the blower we have defo problems, that was embarrassing, I. wonder if the expression taking the piss is used in A.D. Standards at City in the first team are so low with world watching it would be crazy to suggest anything but big changes are around the corner.

That wasn't embarrassing, but I could mention a few that were, especially for this squad of players.

I'm fairly certain that our board are monitoring this closely but as for big changes, are you talking full first eleven plus manager or just something in between?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:46 pm

Hazy2 wrote:We have had a mare of a season. Recruitment shocking. Player rotation baffling. Domestic cups, tossed off. Form of the players disturbing. Passion and fight, non existent. Last night a reality check for us all. Vieira out if contract . Last night has to have been the most one side game since Henshaws packed up. If the SHeik and Khaldoon were not on the blower we have defo problems, that was embarrassing, I. wonder if the expression taking the piss is used in A.D. Standards at City in the first team are so low with world watching it would be crazy to suggest anything but big changes are around the corner.

Wouldn't class it as a mare of a season. We are still second in the league. The cups were really disappointing, that much is true as is the form of some of our senior players. But shit happens. We can't nor won't win every year. As long as we are thereabouts that will do me
nottsblue

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:53 pm

Maybe we should just stop giving the players long contracts when they win something. Make them win two years in a row first.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:58 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Maybe we should just stop giving the players long contracts when they win something. Make them win two years in a row first.

That's probably a valid point but then again we have to look after our own interests and think of resale value. Look at Milner's situation now.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:00 pm

This season is down to WBA on Saturday shit or bust, lose and its a disaster on the cards, mental but this squad and the manager are needed to secure CL. After that learn from last season and cake gate, sentiment, holistic is gone. Barca pissed all over us.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:07 pm

Hazy2 wrote:This season is down to WBA on Saturday shit or bust, lose and its a disaster on the cards, mental but this squad and the manager are needed to secure CL. After that learn from last season and cake gate, sentiment, holistic is gone. Barca pissed all over us.

You're right about Barca but wrong about Brom. We need to beat Brom and continue to compete for the title otherwise we are dead ducks as it will be difficult to find that winning way and get that CL spot. When players heads go down it is really hard to get them back up and on the form we've had, it needs to be sorted, pronto.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum