Is it time to start again?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Is it time to start again?

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:15 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:This season is down to WBA on Saturday shit or bust, lose and its a disaster on the cards, mental but this squad and the manager are needed to secure CL. After that learn from last season and cake gate, sentiment, holistic is gone. Barca pissed all over us.

You're right about Barca but wrong about Brom. We need to beat Brom and continue to compete for the title otherwise we are dead ducks as it will be difficult to find that winning way and get that CL spot. When players heads go down it is really hard to get them back up and on the form we've had, it needs to be sorted, pronto.

If we get a draw or God forbid a loss the season is dead. The manager will be lost, the likes of Nasri, Yaya will not jog let alone break into a sweat, Saturday is now the biggest game of the season. Players like the above giving 100% whilst half way out of the door. Nothing to go off they will do that for the club.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:23 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:This season is down to WBA on Saturday shit or bust, lose and its a disaster on the cards, mental but this squad and the manager are needed to secure CL. After that learn from last season and cake gate, sentiment, holistic is gone. Barca pissed all over us.

You're right about Barca but wrong about Brom. We need to beat Brom and continue to compete for the title otherwise we are dead ducks as it will be difficult to find that winning way and get that CL spot. When players heads go down it is really hard to get them back up and on the form we've had, it needs to be sorted, pronto.

If we get a draw or God forbid a loss the season is dead. The manager will be lost, the likes of Nasri, Yaya will not jog let alone break into a sweat, Saturday is now the biggest game of the season. Players like the above giving 100% whilst half way out of the door. Nothing to go off they will do that for the club.

If Pellers sorts the team & tactics out then I'm sure even if we don''t win then we'd all accept it, but if he doesn't and loses ........... ?

This is very much a Stoke/Pulis thing going on at the weekend, and it's not going to be pretty.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:42 pm

WBA are going to be a tough nut to crack Pulis fucking hates us and will do his best to make the pitch small packing the midfield and chasing every ball.

Oh goody.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby twosips » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:32 pm

I see we're linked with De Bruyne.

I'd be very, very happy if we got him as well as Reus. Reus being Jovetic's replacement. Bring back Lopes and Denayer too. I'd let Sagna go and let Maffeo and Denayer be back up for right back. I'd even be happy letting one of Kolarov and Clichy go and just throwing Angelino in at the deep end if we need him. Both Maffeo and Angelino are proper lion-hearted young lads and they'd not shy away, im sure of it.

I just can't see Pogba happening for some reason. I don't think he'll come to City as i can just see him waiting for Real Madrid. I'm almost certain we won't get Isco as they love him now and i don't think we'll go for Sterling or Barkley as the papers have hinted at either.

Koke perhaps? We'd need a proper centre midfielder. Lampard will go, Milner will. Maybe Yaya? Only one of Yaya, Silva and Nasri will go at most i think. If i was a betting man i'd probs say none will, actually, but if really had to choose i think it'll be Nasri.

In a nutshell i can see these players maybe going with possible replacements in brackets.

Wright (Gunn from the EDS)
Sagna (Maffeo/Denayer)
Kolarov (Angelino)
Nasri (De Bruyne)
Jovetic (Reus)
Milner (Lopes)
Lampard (Koke)

Then use any of Barker, Iheanacho, Bryan, Ambrose, Boadu, Celina etc as and when we need fresh ideas.

I'd be very happy with that squad personally and i think its very possible too. Maybe a team like this for the opening day of the season would be interesting.

................... Hart .....................
Zaba Komps - Mangala Clichy
.................. Fern1 ..................
........ Koke ........ Silva ...........
De Bruyne .................Reus ....
................ Aguero ..................

Bench -
Caballero (though id rather Gunn)
Denayer
Angelino
Yaya
Lopes
Bony
Fernando

Not in the match day squad - Demichelis, Maffeo, Dzeko, Navas, EDS kids etc

I know this won't happen but id be happy with this to be honest. I'd be even happier with a potential a-lister like Bale or Pogba etc but i cant see it.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:49 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

If Pellers sorts the team & tactics out then I'm sure even if we don''t win then we'd all accept it, but if he doesn't and loses ........... ?

This is very much a Stoke/Pulis thing going on at the weekend, and it's not going to be pretty.

What team & tactics would that be then ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:54 pm

twosips wrote:I see we're linked with De Bruyne.

I'd be very, very happy if we got him as well as Reus. Reus being Jovetic's replacement. Bring back Lopes and Denayer too. I'd let Sagna go and let Maffeo and Denayer be back up for right back. I'd even be happy letting one of Kolarov and Clichy go and just throwing Angelino in at the deep end if we need him. Both Maffeo and Angelino are proper lion-hearted young lads and they'd not shy away, im sure of it.

I just can't see Pogba happening for some reason. I don't think he'll come to City as i can just see him waiting for Real Madrid. I'm almost certain we won't get Isco as they love him now and i don't think we'll go for Sterling or Barkley as the papers have hinted at either.

Koke perhaps? We'd need a proper centre midfielder. Lampard will go, Milner will. Maybe Yaya? Only one of Yaya, Silva and Nasri will go at most i think. If i was a betting man i'd probs say none will, actually, but if really had to choose i think it'll be Nasri.

In a nutshell i can see these players maybe going with possible replacements in brackets.

Wright (Gunn from the EDS)
Sagna (Maffeo/Denayer)
Kolarov (Angelino)
Nasri (De Bruyne)
Jovetic (Reus)
Milner (Lopes)
Lampard (Koke)

Then use any of Barker, Iheanacho, Bryan, Ambrose, Boadu, Celina etc as and when we need fresh ideas.

I'd be very happy with that squad personally and i think its very possible too. Maybe a team like this for the opening day of the season would be interesting.

................... Hart .....................
Zaba Komps - Mangala Clichy
.................. Fern1 ..................
........ Koke ........ Silva ...........
De Bruyne .................Reus ....
................ Aguero ..................

Bench -
Caballero (though id rather Gunn)
Denayer
Angelino
Yaya
Lopes
Bony
Fernando

Not in the match day squad - Demichelis, Maffeo, Dzeko, Navas, EDS kids etc

I know this won't happen but id be happy with this to be honest. I'd be even happier with a potential a-lister like Bale or Pogba etc but i cant see it.

DeBruyne played 2nd striker tonight and was absolutely superb. Crosses like Beckham, running forward like Bellamy. For 45 mins, then he was like Yaya's grandad for the next 45. Fucking terrible.

If it wasn't for he fact he can take corners, I would have had him nailed on for City on the strength of that.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby twosips » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:14 am

Saw it too. Looked a bit lost in the second half, but yeah, in the first he was great. Properly great stuff.

He has something like 26/27 assists and 15 goals this season apparently. That's formidable. I'd take him.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:22 am

twosips wrote:Saw it too. Looked a bit lost in the second half, but yeah, in the first he was great. Properly great stuff.

He has something like 26/27 assists and 15 goals this season apparently. That's formidable. I'd take him.

Yep, based on tonight's performance he'd give us some extra energy where we need it and more directness. And I reckon he takes a pretty good free-kick as well.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby twosips » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:25 am

I really want us to move towards a 4-3-3 again, as i think our future is best built that way with the talent we've got coming through, and i think him and Reus would be perfect for that.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Wooders » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:42 am

Outs: Nasri, clichy, jovetic, yaya, Demi, dzeko, Milner

Ins: Denayer, Isco, Reus, Pogba, Barkley, cole & lopes

That would make me quite happy. Not very likely but hey ho...
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:49 am

Will our 49 mill membership fee be typical City !! if we don't get to use it. Like a gym fee and you hardly go but keep paying it. Anyway it's Friday....
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Slim » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:59 pm

Wooders wrote:Outs: Nasri, clichy, jovetic, yaya, Demi, dzeko, Milner

Ins: Denayer, Isco, Reus, Pogba, Barkley, cole & lopes

That would make me quite happy. Not very likely but hey ho...

Well we're almost half way there with your ins list, so happy days.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:32 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

What team & tactics would that be then ?

The team and tactics that the manager/DoF chooses.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:18 am

I think there will be a certain amount of natural change. Milner is off as well as Lampard and so I only want to lose one other midfielder in one summer. Nasri would definitely be that player.
I think one each of the right back and left back positions may go. And I suspect Jovetic, even though I would prefer him to stay.
I would like to see at least one stellar signing. Maybe two. Summat to get us all up again. We will need a top class midfielder. And a good left sides attacker is overdue.
We just need to evolve rather than going nutz
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum