Di Maria

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Di Maria

Postby AntMcfc » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:51 am

He would be an incredible signing for us if we had a manager that could utilise him properly, e.g. Simeone.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby Original Dub » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:08 am

AntMcfc wrote:He would be an incredible signing for us if we had a manager that could utilise him properly, e.g. Simeone.

The rag is back
Original Dub

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:12 pm

I asked a couple of rags about Di Maria today at the pub. To summarise their rant: a complete waste of money.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby twosips » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:21 pm

Di Maria is class. He's just surrounded by absolute shite. His form has dropped as he's been ground down by the general malaise surrounding the club. Would love him at City though It'll never happen. PSG i reckon.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby kinkylola » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:09 pm

Di Maria is a class player, surrounded by shit that is stumbling through the league with extreme luck.

I don't think anyone argues that he doesn't have the talent. The questions are: Can he adapt to the league? Can he put together consistent form? and Do we have a need in his best position (whatever that is)?

Not every player comes to the premier league from abroad and is an instant success. Whether or not you are an instant success also does not reflect on your potential to be successful in the league.

Where would you play him if we had him in this team?
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:26 am

kinkylola wrote:Di Maria is a class player, surrounded by shit that is stumbling through the league with extreme luck.

I don't think anyone argues that he doesn't have the talent. The questions are: Can he adapt to the league? Can he put together consistent form? and Do we have a need in his best position (whatever that is)?

Not every player comes to the premier league from abroad and is an instant success. Whether or not you are an instant success also does not reflect on your potential to be successful in the league.

Can he play as a Centre Back ?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby PeterParker » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:28 pm

Who made him sign for the wrong Manchester team?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:34 pm

PeterParker wrote:Who made him sign for the wrong Manchester team?

Platini
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:35 pm

kinkylola wrote:Di Maria is a class player, surrounded by shit that is stumbling through the league with extreme luck.

His best position is left midfield, yes we have a need there and that's where I'd play him.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum