mls on sky

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: mls on sky

Postby twosips » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:12 pm

The standard of defending really is awful.

Thankfully it was nothing to do with Angelino. Thought he looked great when he came on. Confident, bright and as technically excellent as we all know he is. He's clearly gonna make it a high level.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:14 pm

twosips wrote:The standard of defending really is awful.

Thankfully it was nothing to do with Angelino. Thought he looked great when he came on. Confident, bright and as technically excellent as we all know he is. He's clearly gonna make it a high level.

Missed it but glad he's got the first one out of the way.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:11 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Missed it but glad he's got the first one out of the way.

Agree with Twosips. I wasn't clear how much he had been given licence to attack and clearly there were times initially when he was just an attacker and I thought they had gone 3 at the back! Good touch and passing and a good bright debut. Seemed to me he was getting some instructions after a few minutes re holding his defensive position.

Can't say the same for Facey based on that game though. He certainly wasn't the main culprit but his defending wasn't the best.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby halnone » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:44 am

The MLS commentator said it was the worst defending he's ever seen in the league.
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby CitizenYank » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:16 am

Watched the NYCFC game today. I love that our owners are investing in the team.... but the way they are going about it?
My hometown club, the Portland Timbers, don't have the advantages that City's owners have and so they have used the draft,
smart transfers and local homegrown players to build the team. I am happy that City Academy Players are getting time in a cough cough --
competative league, but what's best for the MLS isn't to become a dumping ground for old stars who stay in LA or NY. I'd like the league to have some parity. Sorry. Now you can throw boiled eggs at me.....

BTW. Hope they move out of Yankee Stadium soon, that pitch is about as wide as a Mars bar.
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:27 am

Comical defending last night, superb dive from Villa to get the penalty. Could easily have been double figures for goals. The CB next to Facey is a liability, I felt sorry for him. Also when Angelino came on I thought he was superb, absolutely shored up the left side, so much so that nothing threatening came down that side in the second half, he will be very pleased with his performance over the 45 minutes. I would guarantee that he will start next game as he was different class to the donkey that was there first half.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Dwaring » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:07 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Comical defending last night, superb dive from Villa to get the penalty. Could easily have been double figures for goals. The CB next to Facey is a liability, I felt sorry for him. Also when Angelino came on I thought he was superb, absolutely shored up the left side, so much so that nothing threatening came down that side in the second half, he will be very pleased with his performance over the 45 minutes. I would guarantee that he will start next game as he was different class to the donkey that was there first half.

I thought he had a great match as well but, he was caught out of place a few times and was able to make up for it with pace. Something I'm not sure he'll be able to do in England. Prime example was Torontos last goal. It wasn't his man but you'd like to see him back in the box making things difficult for the opposition. Don't get me wrong the kids got promise and I'll be looking forward to seeing him in nike sky blue soon.
Dwaring
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Yaya toure

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum