mls on sky

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: mls on sky

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:41 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Anybody think that this is where the money is, for Abu Dhabi?

I think it's about a global presence for them, as they keep one eye on the future and a time when they can't rely so heavily on fossil fuels and have to switch to tourism and service industries instead.

So, by getting into the NY market they're getting huge publicity?

I think this was a significant move for them, one well judged and I can see the US game only getting bigger and stronger. What better brand than New York (City).

It depends on what the market is that they are looking to crack.

Tourism is a tough gig to sell in the US, it's a 12/13 hour flight from NYC, 15/16 hours from the west coast and the American public is notoriously unwilling to travel abroad. I expect they have a different agenda in each marketing territory rather than a single aim.

I noticed however we were displaying the Dubai 2020 expo branding on our training tops recently, which is the first time City have had a link with Dubai. Of course Abu Dhabi is the capital of UAE, and we may be entering a new phase where Abu Dhabi are doing their bit for the country as a whole rather than just the state of Abu Dhabi. Of course Dubai is also infinitely easier to sell as a tourist destination, and you can fly into Abu Dhabi and be in the tourist areas of Dubai Marina / The Palm / Jumeirah beach in about 20 minutes longer than it takes to fly into Dubai and drive through the city, so there are still benefits for Etihad of selling Dubai as an attraction.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby BmoreBlue » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:15 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
twosips wrote:Yeah I guess. October innit?

That would be interesting. The football there isn't the best but there are some decent athletes & it could be a nice interlude for Angelino; playing v adults rather than kids. Especially as Frayyynk will be there, may be Pirlo, & the 'project' football style is gradually creeping in.

would likely slot right in to - NYCFC don't have any sort of world beaters at LB, two aging slow vets, one converted winger, and that's about it
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:22 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Anybody think that this is where the money is, for Abu Dhabi?

I think it's about a global presence for them, as they keep one eye on the future and a time when they can't rely so heavily on fossil fuels and have to switch to tourism and service industries instead.

So, by getting into the NY market they're getting huge publicity?

I think this was a significant move for them, one well judged and I can see the US game only getting bigger and stronger. What better brand than New York (City).

It depends on what the market is that they are looking to crack.

Tourism is a tough gig to sell in the US, it's a 12/13 hour flight from NYC, 15/16 hours from the west coast and the American public is notoriously unwilling to travel abroad. I expect they have a different agenda in each marketing territory rather than a single aim.

I noticed however we were displaying the Dubai 2020 expo branding on our training tops recently, which is the first time City have had a link with Dubai. Of course Abu Dhabi is the capital of UAE, and we may be entering a new phase where Abu Dhabi are doing their bit for the country as a whole rather than just the state of Abu Dhabi. Of course Dubai is also infinitely easier to sell as a tourist destination, and you can fly into Abu Dhabi and be in the tourist areas of Dubai Marina / The Palm / Jumeirah beach in about 20 minutes longer than it takes to fly into Dubai and drive through the city, so there are still benefits for Etihad of selling Dubai as an attraction.

I'm more thinking in marketing their country through commercial and business interests, getting their product names in the public eye. Tourism maybe a by-product but the biggest pull is selling their wares abroad, just as they've done with the likes of Etihad et al.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:11 pm

BWP just scored a screamer vs NYC. 1-1
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:14 pm

1-2
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:19 pm

Typical City
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:32 pm

There's barely been a single cross cut out by the City fullbacks.

Angelino is going to walk straight into that left back position.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:42 am

craigmcfc wrote:There's barely been a single cross cut out by the City fullbacks.

NYC really are shite. I support some loans from us with the addition of Lamps, and Pirlo could literally change that overnight tho tbf.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:27 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:There's barely been a single cross cut out by the City fullbacks.

NYC really are shite. I support some loans from us with the addition of Lamps, and Pirlo could literally change that overnight tho tbf.

cheers

Yep, I watched last night when I got home from work. Second best after the first ten mins. Big hump it up the park. The two long hairs were particularly poor, except for the goal. What is that Mix all about? And David Villa looks supremely disinterested in being there. Having players who are close to his wavelength might help that though.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:20 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

Yep, I watched last night when I got home from work. Second best after the first ten mins. Big hump it up the park. The two long hairs were particularly poor, except for the goal. What is that Mix all about? And David Villa looks supremely disinterested in being there. Having players who are close to his wavelength might help that though.

I agree, you would not know that Villa has the background he has by just watching him in the MLS, he looks lazy, slow and TBH shit! I thought Facey was awful last night too. BWP looked very good, and was certainly too good for the NYCFC defence.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby twosips » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:32 am

Must have watched a different game. Villas worked very hard in every Nycfc game I've seen! Did last night too. He was stranded and isolated in the second half but thought he worked hard.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:34 am

twosips wrote:Must have watched a different game. Villas worked very hard in every Nycfc game I've seen! Did last night too. He was stranded and isolated in the second half but thought he worked hard.

Villa should look like a rolls royce in that company and he is outshone by BWP.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:20 am

They were streets ahead as a footbal team, then the reality set in that none of the midfield could actually get up & down the pitch & they were under constant pressure at the back, dogshit fullbacks asiside, a goal of some kind was always likely.

Whilst Lampard & Pirlo won't be able to get around that well either, they will actually be able to pass the ball, which lessens the workrate for the whole team.

Facey did ok, but looks the same to me as in the EDS; just too small to be a cb.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Blue Blood » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:20 am

Wonderwall wrote:
twosips wrote:Must have watched a different game. Villas worked very hard in every Nycfc game I've seen! Did last night too. He was stranded and isolated in the second half but thought he worked hard.

Villa should look like a rolls royce in that company and he is outshone by BWP.

Zero service, zero help, zero quality around him and he's still scoring. He's head and shoulders above the rest there.

In contrast BWP gets chances put on a plate for him by Kljestan!
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:58 pm

Fuck me some holistic defending from city (ny). 2-0 up and two pens and a clear one on one later and they're losing.

Awful stuff
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:04 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Fuck me some holistic defending from city (ny). 2-0 up and two pens and a clear one on one later and they're losing.

Awful stuff

Is Angelino playing?
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:11 pm

nottsblue wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Fuck me some holistic defending from city (ny). 2-0 up and two pens and a clear one on one later and they're losing.

Awful stuff

Is Angelino playing?

No I don't recall seeing him.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dwaring » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:14 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Awful stuff

Is Angelino playing?

No I don't recall seeing him.

He's just come on at half.
Dwaring
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Yaya toure

Postby twosips » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:18 pm

His first few touches were exceptionally bright. Driving forward crisply and purposefully and nearly creating a goal scoring chance. Love his confidence.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby dick dastardley » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:50 pm

Some of they nyc defending has been Sunday league shite
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum