Diego Simeone

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Diego Simeone

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:01 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I recon, their preferred plan is: Count next season, then Guardiola, then Vieira. But that is just a wishlist, not a guaranteed outcome.

If Pep gets twatted out of the Champs League, Bayern may fuck him off anyway. On the other hand, he might sign for another 3 years.

I imagine he will have told them whether City is a possibility though, & they will already have taken it into consideration, whether to wait for him.

I think Vieira is nailed on. It's just a matter of when.

Why hasn't Vieira either

A) been offered a new extension to his current deal?

or

B) Signed the deal if ther is one on the table?

He is off in the summer if nothing happens
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:47 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I recon, their preferred plan is: Count next season, then Guardiola, then Vieira. But that is just a wishlist, not a guaranteed outcome.

If Pep gets twatted out of the Champs League, Bayern may fuck him off anyway. On the other hand, he might sign for another 3 years.

I imagine he will have told them whether City is a possibility though, & they will already have taken it into consideration, whether to wait for him.

Why hasn't Vieira either

or

i obvs missed the conversation about when his deal ends. How do we know exactly when his deal ends?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:52 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Why hasn't Vieira either

or

i obvs missed the conversation about when his deal ends. How do we know exactly when his deal ends?

cheers

I was made aware of it recently.
Wonderwall

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:56 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Why hasn't Vieira either

or

cheers

wtf is going on around here lately...

Are you a a secret agent?

What can you tell me about his contract?

And if you've already posted this a page ago, then...fuck me...cuz i'm too lazy to go all the way back there.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:59 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Why hasn't Vieira either

or

cheers

'twas reported last week that Munich were sniffing Mr. Merchant

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... lling.html
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:21 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Why hasn't Vieira either

or

cheers

'twas reported last week that Munich were sniffing Mr. Merchant

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... lling.html

well, that's just retarded. If so, i'd fire the Count this week and install Patrick and just deal with his learning curve over the next 18 months.

#holistic

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:00 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

Why hasn't Vieira either

or

I do think Vieira is the long term plan, but i do think he will be off to get experience elsewhere soon enough. Although its a risk letting him go, if the club believe that he is an honourable character, then they will get him back when ready. Germany would be the logical choice at the moment so maybe the munich story has some truth
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:05 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Why hasn't Vieira either

or

I do think Vieira is the long term plan, but i do think he will be off to get experience elsewhere soon enough. Although its a risk letting him go, if the club believe that he is an honourable character, then they will get him back when ready. Germany would be the logical choice at the moment so maybe the munich story has some truth

I would NOT install Vieira as manager next season if we had the option to. Maybe a caretaker for a couple of games if Pellegrini up'd and left. However, it would be Kiddo that would do that role. IMO Vieira is well respected but an unknown quantity and I would prefer him to work with the 1st team coaches/manager for a season first. Be in the dressing room on the other side of the fence from a 1st team perspective and have input into everything.
Wonderwall

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:22 pm

Vieira is getting close to being a main man does that rule out Wenger calling him and reversing a trend of employees going north. Pellers getting the loot and spending it on his players or a CEO and S.D who would all be down the road 100% if we are in a Jan panic, nope he is a gonna.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:49 pm

I'm sure he's been ruled out by now, surely there should be a 'Next: Paddy V thread'?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:37 pm

I think I've posted it at least twice somewhere on here, but just to recap, Vieira has stated that he will never do anything without the blessing of City.

He also said, re the possibility of becoming the manager, that you 'don't just go from managing the youth teams to managing Manchester City' & it was not so long ago he said it.

So there is obviously a possibility that he will manage elsewhere before City. There is also the possibility that if City throw the job at him, he will not be able to refuse. And there is a possibility City don't think he has what it takes.

But, there is no chance at all that Vieira is just going to waltz off & shit on us. He is a City man through & through now & deeply loyal to the club.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:27 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I think I've posted it at least twice somewhere on here, but just to recap, Vieira has stated that he will never do anything without the blessing of City.

He also said, re the possibility of becoming the manager, that you 'don't just go from managing the youth teams to managing Manchester City' & it was not so long ago he said it.

So there is obviously a possibility that he will manage elsewhere before City. There is also the possibility that if City throw the job at him, he will not be able to refuse. And there is a possibility City don't think he has what it takes.

But, there is no chance at all that Vieira is just going to waltz off & shit on us. He is a City man through & through now & deeply loyal to the club.

Paddy is not ready for a top managers role, that's why he's where he is.

As for loyalty, he will be as loyal as they come, until offered the right position.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:50 pm

But Pep can go from Barca B to the full team fine?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:53 pm

Mase wrote:But Pep can go from Barca B to the full team fine?

You being a sarcastic fucker!

Love you man x

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:47 am

And that's a usual occurence, which normally turns out successful at most clubs ?

That may be something they argue with Vieira, if they decide to chuck the job at him & think he is as good.

So far he has been going through each & every aspect of how a football club works, & it seems he doesn't feel he should go straigtht into the job but should learn more first.

It's not impossible they could change his mind, but if I was on a planned learning curve & had been so meticulous about it, & put so much work in, i'd stick to it personally. if I had the confidence in my own ability, I'd asume someone would give me a job at the end of it, & if City wanted me when I was ready, then I'd be there. I wouldn't want to be a French Stuart Pearce, pretending I could do the job.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:20 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

And that's a usual occurence, which normally turns out successful at most clubs ?

That may be something they argue with Vieira, if they decide to chuck the job at him & think he is as good.

So far he has been going through each & every aspect of how a football club works, & it seems he doesn't feel he should go straigtht into the job but should learn more first.

It's not impossible they could change his mind, but if I was on a planned learning curve & had been so meticulous about it, & put so much work in, i'd stick to it personally. if I had the confidence in my own ability, I'd asume someone would give me a job at the end of it, & if City wanted me when I was ready, then I'd be there. I wouldn't want to be a French Stuart Pearce, pretending I could do the job.

Do we want Paddy? Is Paddy going to keep the players on side? The squad has some interesting ways of performing, putting politely. It would be very brave? We had Jose in a headlock, he might just have us in a tail spin if the players we have started again with the B.S with another manager, Paddy maybe, and maybe not. We would need fans and players to be on the same page, for it to work, almost 3 steps back to start the forward March. Do clubs like us take a chance, Barca is one that made it work, with Pep,for me get Pep and Paddy, no lose for 10 years, Pep to the rescue if Paddy failed is not gonna happen, we also ruin everything we have in Paddy . No Pep nd Paddy, Phoenix nights deux.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Blue Oli » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:14 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Do we want Paddy? Is Paddy going to keep the players on side? The squad has some interesting ways of performing, putting politely. It would be very brave? We had Jose in a headlock, he might just have us in a tail spin if the players we have started again with the B.S with another manager, Paddy maybe, and maybe not. We would need fans and players to be on the same page, for it to work, almost 3 steps back to start the forward March. Do clubs like us take a chance, Barca is one that made it work, with Pep,for me get Pep and Paddy, no lose for 10 years, Pep to the rescue if Paddy failed is not gonna happen, we also ruin everything we have in Paddy . No Pep nd Paddy, Phoenix nights deux.

I have tried google translate but it's struggling as much as I am to make sense of this
Blue Oli
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:02 am

Its the way forward, ask Newcastle fans!
Wonderwall

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:36 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I think I've posted it at least twice somewhere on here, but just to recap, Vieira has stated that he will never do anything without the blessing of City.

A mate of mine was on a train with him and Vieira spilt some water. My mate said 'you had much better control when you were at Arsenal' and Vieira said 'I'm a Man City man now.' No doubting where his loyalty lies.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:42 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

A mate of mine was on a train with him and Vieira spilt some water. My mate said 'you had much better control when you were at Arsenal' and Vieira said 'I'm a Man City man now.' No doubting where his loyalty lies.

Actually, that sounds funny. He said with a glare on his face.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum