Diego Simeone

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Diego Simeone

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:43 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I think I've posted it at least twice somewhere on here, but just to recap, Vieira has stated that he will never do anything without the blessing of City.

He also said, re the possibility of becoming the manager, that you 'don't just go from managing the youth teams to managing Manchester City' & it was not so long ago he said it.

So there is obviously a possibility that he will manage elsewhere before City. There is also the possibility that if City throw the job at him, he will not be able to refuse. And there is a possibility City don't think he has what it takes.

But, there is no chance at all that Vieira is just going to waltz off & shit on us. He is a City man through & through now & deeply loyal to the club.

A mate of mine was on a train with him and Vieira spilt some water. My mate said 'you had much better control when you were at Arsenal' and Vieira said 'I'm a Man City man now.' No doubting where his loyalty lies.

Actually, that sounds funny. He said with a glare on his face.

And now I'm talking to myself....
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:45 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I think I've posted it at least twice somewhere on here, but just to recap, Vieira has stated that he will never do anything without the blessing of City.

He also said, re the possibility of becoming the manager, that you 'don't just go from managing the youth teams to managing Manchester City' & it was not so long ago he said it.

So there is obviously a possibility that he will manage elsewhere before City. There is also the possibility that if City throw the job at him, he will not be able to refuse. And there is a possibility City don't think he has what it takes.

But, there is no chance at all that Vieira is just going to waltz off & shit on us. He is a City man through & through now & deeply loyal to the club.

A mate of mine was on a train with him and Vieira spilt some water. My mate said 'you had much better control when you were at Arsenal' and Vieira said 'I'm a Man City man now.' No doubting where his loyalty lies.

Actually, that sounds funny. He said with a glare on his face.

And now I'm talking to myself....

probably means he is allowed to to be careless
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:38 pm

Or out of control.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:31 pm

Blue Oli wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Mase wrote:But Pep can go from Barca B to the full team fine?

And that's a usual occurence, which normally turns out successful at most clubs ?

That may be something they argue with Vieira, if they decide to chuck the job at him & think he is as good.

So far he has been going through each & every aspect of how a football club works, & it seems he doesn't feel he should go straigtht into the job but should learn more first.

It's not impossible they could change his mind, but if I was on a planned learning curve & had been so meticulous about it, & put so much work in, i'd stick to it personally. if I had the confidence in my own ability, I'd asume someone would give me a job at the end of it, & if City wanted me when I was ready, then I'd be there. I wouldn't want to be a French Stuart Pearce, pretending I could do the job.

Do we want Paddy? Is Paddy going to keep the players on side? The squad has some interesting ways of performing, putting politely. It would be very brave? We had Jose in a headlock, he might just have us in a tail spin if the players we have started again with the B.S with another manager, Paddy maybe, and maybe not. We would need fans and players to be on the same page, for it to work, almost 3 steps back to start the forward March. Do clubs like us take a chance, Barca is one that made it work, with Pep,for me get Pep and Paddy, no lose for 10 years, Pep to the rescue if Paddy failed is not gonna happen, we also ruin everything we have in Paddy . No Pep nd Paddy, Phoenix nights deux.

I have tried google translate but it's struggling as much as I am to make sense of this

Ouch.....that's a bit harsh.

But seriously, I wonder if there are several options available for Vieira ??

(i) He could work alongside Pellegrini next season and take over the helm, the season thereafter.

(ii) If Guardiola is appointed, Vieira could be installed as No.2 for the length of Guardiola's contract, to take over when that has expired/been terminated.

(iii) He could be somehow installed, at some point in the future to manage in either New York or in Australia, to "cut his teeth" at either of those two Clubs.

(iv) He could replace Pellegrini next season, or whenever and City could bring in an older "safe pair of hands", who would be prepared to work
alongside him, until he was adjudged ready to fly solo.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:41 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

And that's a usual occurence, which normally turns out successful at most clubs ?

That may be something they argue with Vieira, if they decide to chuck the job at him & think he is as good.

So far he has been going through each & every aspect of how a football club works, & it seems he doesn't feel he should go straigtht into the job but should learn more first.

It's not impossible they could change his mind, but if I was on a planned learning curve & had been so meticulous about it, & put so much work in, i'd stick to it personally. if I had the confidence in my own ability, I'd asume someone would give me a job at the end of it, & if City wanted me when I was ready, then I'd be there. I wouldn't want to be a French Stuart Pearce, pretending I could do the job.

Do we want Paddy? Is Paddy going to keep the players on side? The squad has some interesting ways of performing, putting politely. It would be very brave? We had Jose in a headlock, he might just have us in a tail spin if the players we have started again with the B.S with another manager, Paddy maybe, and maybe not. We would need fans and players to be on the same page, for it to work, almost 3 steps back to start the forward March. Do clubs like us take a chance, Barca is one that made it work, with Pep,for me get Pep and Paddy, no lose for 10 years, Pep to the rescue if Paddy failed is not gonna happen, we also ruin everything we have in Paddy . No Pep nd Paddy, Phoenix nights deux.

The only bit I got out of that was Paddy and Pep....something you can order in a Dublin bar.....but apparently it's not available in Phoenix Nights.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:00 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Blue Oli wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

I have tried google translate but it's struggling as much as I am to make sense of this

Ouch.....that's a bit harsh.

But seriously, I wonder if there are several options available for Vieira ??

(i) He could work alongside Pellegrini next season and take over the helm, the season thereafter.

(ii) If Guardiola is appointed, Vieira could be installed as No.2 for the length of Guardiola's contract, to take over when that has expired/been terminated.

(iii) He could be somehow installed, at some point in the future to manage in either New York or in Australia, to "cut his teeth" at either of those two Clubs.

(iv) He could replace Pellegrini next season, or whenever and City could bring in an older "safe pair of hands", who would be prepared to work
alongside him, until he was adjudged ready to fly solo.

I wouldn't rule out anything as far as Vieira is concerned. There is no doubt in my mind that he has been on the agenda as a future manager. What I don't know, is whether this is still the plan. It could be of course, that they have decided he isn't looking quite the future football genius they hoped he would be.

But I doubt that is the case. His rep at the club seems very high indeed. I recon he is still on target to become the manager & the only question for me, is whether Guardiola is part of the plan inbetween or not.

If Pep has told them he wants to come, then he's coming sooner or later imo. They won't say no to him.But if he's told them to fuck off, it's just a matter of when Vieira takes over; be it now or, 1,2,3 years, with the Count, or someotherfucker, inbetween.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:09 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

The only bit I got out of that was Paddy and Pep....something you can order in a Dublin bar.....but apparently it's not available in Phoenix Nights.

I think he was underwater when posting & his oxygen had run out.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:14 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

I think it's 10 year old Paddy he's looking for as well. Whiskey Connoisseur?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:30 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Steady on chaps, cut Hazy a bit of slack.

If you re-read what he has written, you can understand the point he's trying to make.

We've all been guilty of typing something which hasn't quite come out the way it was intended.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:06 pm

Cheers mate, I posted when I was dealing with 4 other things, so ... Yep I posted a garbled message, before a proper read back. Thing is this season end and the summer are huge, I do think Pellers is done for, with players to ditch along with new signings, is that too much for Vieira to deal with. Would the CEO choose Paddy if Pep was ready, if Pep was ever coming I feel it is now or never, time to spend the campus is up and running. paddy and Pepsi max.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:14 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Cheers mate, I posted when I was dealing with 4 other things, so ... Yep I posted a garbled message, before a proper read back. Thing is this season end and the summer are huge, I do think Pellers is done for, with players to ditch along with new signings, is that too much for Vieira to deal with. Would the CEO choose Paddy if Pep was ready, if Pep was ever coming I feel it is now or never, time to spend the campus is up and running. paddy and Pepsi max.

Paddy and peppermint actually. Not sure you get it in England.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:06 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Cheers mate, I posted when I was dealing with 4 other things, so ... Yep I posted a garbled message, before a proper read back. Thing is this season end and the summer are huge, I do think Pellers is done for, with players to ditch along with new signings, is that too much for Vieira to deal with. Would the CEO choose Paddy if Pep was ready, if Pep was ever coming I feel it is now or never, time to spend the campus is up and running. paddy and Pepsi max.

Do you know who Max nd Paddy are.....
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:08 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Phoenix Nights?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:26 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Phoenix Nights?

Right we are off and running ! Cheers .
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:50 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Phoenix Nights?

Right we are off and running ! Cheers .

Thanks for the Pep talk.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:10 pm

I think it's unlikely Pep will arrive at least for another year. It's unlikely Vieira will be put in charge if Pep is coming & it's unlikely another manager will be brought in, so if Pep is seeing out his Bayern contract & then coming to City, the Count will almost certainly stay on.

If Pep signs a new deal at Bayern, then anything could happen next season at City; more Count, new manager, Vieira; anything.

But the Count has done a perfectly decent job imo. People are trying to put the blame for everything at his door but the truth is that the players have been below par this season & the same tactics, with the players playing at their best, would have got us another 10 or more points.

A couple of quality new signings & a couple out, plus a few youngsters promoted to the squad, & we would likely be a good 25-30% better next season, put in a good challenge & win a trophy or two.

Then we are in decent shape to go up another level the following season, whoever is in charge.

There is absolutely no panic imo. We need a bit of a spark adding to the squad more than we need another manager. We are never going to catch Barca or Bayern in one transfer window.

It will take a few seasons to evolve the squad & the Count is a safe enough pair of hands to start it off. He won't do anything stupid or kneejerk.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:05 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I think it's unlikely Pep will arrive at least for another year. It's unlikely Vieira will be put in charge if Pep is coming & it's unlikely another manager will be brought in, so if Pep is seeing out his Bayern contract & then coming to City, the Count will almost certainly stay on.

If Pep signs a new deal at Bayern, then anything could happen next season at City; more Count, new manager, Vieira; anything.

But the Count has done a perfectly decent job imo. People are trying to put the blame for everything at his door but the truth is that the players have been below par this season & the same tactics, with the players playing at their best, would have got us another 10 or more points.

A couple of quality new signings & a couple out, plus a few youngsters promoted to the squad, & we would likely be a good 25-30% better next season, put in a good challenge & win a trophy or two.

Then we are in decent shape to go up another level the following season, whoever is in charge.

There is absolutely no panic imo. We need a bit of a spark adding to the squad more than we need another manager. We are never going to catch Barca or Bayern in one transfer window.

It will take a few seasons to evolve the squad & the Count is a safe enough pair of hands to start it off. He won't do anything stupid or kneejerk.

If the Munchens end up above us I want him sacked....and sacked with no mercy.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:47 pm

This squad has accelerated matters for me. As Carl points out Pellers is on thin ice, that is 12 months early and a 12 months we have under achieved, he is almost a lame manager. And we might be just stalled, we are at big decision time a year earlier than we planned, lose the Derby and come 3rd or worse gone sadly as that is running backwards, and nobody will let him get away with that, not all his fault. Players don't get sacked.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:03 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I think it's unlikely Pep will arrive at least for another year. It's unlikely Vieira will be put in charge if Pep is coming & it's unlikely another manager will be brought in, so if Pep is seeing out his Bayern contract & then coming to City, the Count will almost certainly stay on.

If the Munchens end up above us I want him sacked....and sacked with no mercy.

drawn and quartered?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:16 pm

Be a great idea to fuck up the long term plans of the club because we don't finish above Utd.

Just get any cunt in and hope it works next season.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum