Diego Simeone

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Diego Simeone

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:15 am

Paddy-Pogba-Premier-Pissed , I'm in.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Plain Speaking » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:05 pm

Vieira hardly seems to be setting the world alight with our U21's this season. We are sixth in the U21 table. On the same points as Everton in 7th, who have played a game less.
We have lost 5 of 7 away games.
He was a world class player but his physicality was an important part of his game, few such players go on to be great managers.
As the BBC reminded us this week:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31746786
"he received a four match ban for spitting as a player", so he's hardly a squeaky clean role model.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:41 am

I have to say that the "Vieira will be the New king" call does slightly baffle me.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:20 am

Plain Speaking wrote:Vieira hardly seems to be setting the world alight with our U21's this season. We are sixth in the U21 table. On the same points as Everton in 7th, who have played a game less.
We have lost 5 of 7 away games.
He was a world class player but his physicality was an important part of his game, few such players go on to be great managers.
As the BBC reminded us this week:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31746786
"he received a four match ban for spitting as a player", so he's hardly a squeaky clean role model.

What a load of one sided ill researched tripe. What exactly is your game then matey ? You post these stats to illustrate your argument & neglect to mention that the difference between Everton in 7th & & Utd in first, is the grand total of THREE fucking points & that City are top scorers (not that it matters at all, along with the league position) . And that our academy which Vieira heads, won pretty much every single league last season. That doesn't count but this does?

You've gone to all that trouble to post those stats & yet not bothered to find out that he's played most of the season with a largely U18s team, playing non stop attacking football, often against much older/bigger opponents, a 17 year old fullback playing centre half, next to a centre mid playing the other centre half position, with a 17 year old left back next to him, & occasionally another 17 year old cb, & is in the quarter finals of the Champions League having recently put 6 past Bayern Munich, as well as having to share half the players with the U18s youth cup team, which has reached the semi finals of that competition.

Our actual reserve centre backs are busy winning titles elsewhere, one of them recently starring v Inter Milan, not to mention Devante Cole, Rony Lopes, Hiwula & 3 or 4 others who have all gone from the EDS team.

Meanwhile the rags U21s team is at the top of the league, 3 points ahead, with two 22 year old cbs who have been playing together for years, and also people like Ashley Young, Rafael, Chris Powell, Valdes recently drafted in to help them secure an heroic narrow victory vs a Chelsea team full of 17 & 18 year olds.

Perhaps we should give their manager a job ? Obviously the whole purpose of the EDS is to win the title every year & Vieira will be a total failure if he can't manage it whith whichever bunch of 17 year olds is available to him on any given day.

'Plain Speaking' my arse. If you are going to post stats, at least have the decency to do it with a bit of honesty rather than trying to give people a false impression.

I hate it when people do shit like this.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby AntMcfc » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:53 am

This is exactly what's wrong with the club. Everyone's so obsessed with presenting the image that we're a club with an attacking philosophy and everybody's so squeaky clean. I couldn't give a shit if we're squeaky clean, what good is that if we're not winning? The men upstairs are trying their best to turn us into Barcelona but in reality we look like nothing more than the new Arsenal.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:59 am

AntMcfc wrote:This is exactly what's wrong with the club. Everyone's so obsessed with presenting the image that we're a club with an attacking philosophy and everybody's so squeaky clean. I couldn't give a shit if we're squeaky clean, what good is that if we're not winning? The men upstairs are trying their best to turn us into Barcelona but in reality we look like nothing more than the new Arsenal.

No, actually people like you are what is wrong with the club, & that post fucking sums it up.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:01 am

Even Barca bit the big one when they signed Suarez, who has added the fight needed, are they transformed from sliding to a treble. The best teams need a little bit of spice, we certainly do not have that, Tevez and Bellers types are what we miss for me. It gives the crowd a buzz to have a warrior.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:03 am

Hazy2 wrote:It gives the crowd a buzz to have a warrior.

And that says it all for me. People moan that the fans are crap at the Etihad yet when you watch Simeone on the touch line he's constantly urging the crowd to get involved and get behind the team. Another reason I want him.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:08 am

And if the Spanish speaking managerial hero does all that & we finish 4th, or 5th ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:27 am

I try staying out of these debates as I think they're pointless, and this is probably just as pointless to the debate but hasn't Simeone been offered a long term contract, saying that he's going nowhere?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:44 am

Beefymcfc wrote:I try staying out of these debates as I think they're pointless, and this is probably just as pointless to the debate but hasn't Simeone been offered a long term contract, saying that he's going nowhere?

The press are claiming he has 'stalled' on the contract, because he is hoping to get the City job, but from all the stuff I've read about Simeone, it would be a complete U turn, if he left Atletico.

It would also be a complete U turn by City about the way the club has been set up to play football.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby AntMcfc » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:46 am

Hazy2 wrote:Even Barca bit the big one when they signed Suarez, who has added the fight needed, are they transformed from sliding to a treble. The best teams need a little bit of spice, we certainly do not have that, Tevez and Bellers types are what we miss for me. It gives the crowd a buzz to have a warrior.

That won't be happening any time soon. Our board have made it abundantly clear that personalities are not accepted at the club and Pellegrini can't handle such personalities anyway. That's why I think the Simeone appointment is just a dream, as much as I want it to happen it just won't, he'll ruffle too many feathers of the men who don't want to be answered back to.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

Postby AntMcfc » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:48 am

Ted Hughes wrote:And if the Spanish speaking managerial hero does all that & we finish 4th, or 5th ?

At least we gave it a go, then move onto the next. It's hardly like Pellegrini is taking us anywhere, when it comes down to the bare facts we've regressed as a side.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:53 am

AntMcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:And if the Spanish speaking managerial hero does all that & we finish 4th, or 5th ?

At least we gave it a go, then move onto the next. It's hardly like Pellegrini is taking us anywhere, when it comes down to the bare facts we've regressed as a side.

That's just the kind of mentality which kept us trophyless for 40 years.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:07 am

AntMcfc wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Even Barca bit the big one when they signed Suarez, who has added the fight needed, are they transformed from sliding to a treble. The best teams need a little bit of spice, we certainly do not have that, Tevez and Bellers types are what we miss for me. It gives the crowd a buzz to have a warrior.

That won't be happening any time soon. Our board have made it abundantly clear that personalities are not accepted at the club and Pellegrini can't handle such personalities anyway. That's why I think the Simeone appointment is just a dream, as much as I want it to happen it just won't, he'll ruffle too many feathers of the men who don't want to be answered back to.

Can you point me in the direction of where it is that the board have made this abundantly clear? No? Thought not, stop talking bollox.

Pellegrini tried to convince Tevez to stay so that puts the kibosh on your bollox theory for starters.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:12 am

And what if we stick with Pellers and keep buying crap and continue to go backwards in our play, like we have seen this season and finish 4th or 5th?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:12 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
AntMcfc wrote:

Can you point me in the direction of where it is that the board have made this abundantly clear? No? Thought not, stop talking bollox.

Pellegrini tried to convince Tevez to stay so that puts the kibosh on your bollox theory for starters.

It's one thing when people have their opinions on various managers, but the number of City fans who start making snide comments & slagging off the club & staff when we happen to not quite be running away with the league(s), is a bit fucking depressing.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:14 am

Let's say we hire Simeone and we fail to win the league, what then? Sack him too? We're setting a dangerous precedent if Pellegrini goes this summer where the top managers will think twice about joining us.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:19 am

Any downgrade of Simeone's achievements are poor, he has done it in an environment of sell one, every season. He has also done it in a City similar to ours, not sure I want him, however he is of interest to me. Are we as fans getting carried away with nice, fuck all nice about football, still back Pellers 100%.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:25 am

I was not aware of this, I just thought this was the new Ticky and Tacky policy of not keeping players that caused troubles within the club and that, well, I guess potentially damaged the club's public image. Regardless of Tevez did so or not, I just assumed that was how the club reasoned. Where did you pick up this information?

Tevez under Pellegrini? Could've been fantastic.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum