Diego Simeone

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Diego Simeone

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:26 pm

Mase wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I see a lot of hate regarding this fella.

I don't care that much for him to be honest. I think he is a good manager, but i like our Count i want him to continue. Yes, i admit that Simeone did some incredible things at Atletico, he won everything there and i mean everything.

I am just curious, the hate he receives here, how much is based on what happend at Argentina - England in 98?

I don't see much hate, rather I see that people are suggesting he doesn't fit in with the philosophy the club are trying to implement.

"He can fuck off"

"The cunt can't even speak English"

"He's another win at all costs cunt. He'd have our players rolling around like a bunch of cheats in no time."

I think it's fairly obvious that people hate the guy; without any real reason to as well. It's no bother. We're a fickle bunch and always have been so I'd imagine if he did come and win things here most will be saying "I love Simeone I wanted him here from day one"

Why would Simeone playing that style, be definitely better than Alan Pardew or Fat Sam doing the same thing, with better players than they have ever been able to use in their careers ? What would be so revolutionary about Simeone's tactics, that we rip up our plans in order to accomodate him ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby AntMcfc » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:27 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
Pellegrini tried to convince Tevez to stay so that puts the kibosh on your bollox theory for starters.

I was not aware of this, I just thought this was the new Ticky and Tacky policy of not keeping players that caused troubles within the club and that, well, I guess potentially damaged the club's public image. Regardless of Tevez did so or not, I just assumed that was how the club reasoned. Where did you pick up this information?

Tevez under Pellegrini? Could've been fantastic.

"I spoke with Carlos weeks ago.

"I feel that Carlos didn't want to stay here any more. He was very clear telling me."

A quote from Pellegrini when Tevez was sold.

You've fallen for that false flag? Lol. Pellegrini is hardly going to come out and say we're getting rid of him because of his personality.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby AntMcfc » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:33 pm

People on this site constantly criticise the team for not pressing well, for leaving gaps in midfield, for being a mess defensively and not being able to adapt to European football, but when it's suggested that we get a manager who's proven himself in excelling in those areas and half the members are sceptical. The logic is baffling.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:35 pm

AntMcfc wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:
Pellegrini tried to convince Tevez to stay so that puts the kibosh on your bollox theory for starters.

I was not aware of this, I just thought this was the new Ticky and Tacky policy of not keeping players that caused troubles within the club and that, well, I guess potentially damaged the club's public image. Regardless of Tevez did so or not, I just assumed that was how the club reasoned. Where did you pick up this information?

"I spoke with Carlos weeks ago.

"I feel that Carlos didn't want to stay here any more. He was very clear telling me."

A quote from Pellegrini when Tevez was sold.

You've fallen for that false flag? Lol. Pellegrini is hardly going to come out and say we're getting rid of him because of his personality.

Why did Pellegrini hold talks with him?

"false flag" what a fucktard you are.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby nottsblue » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:39 pm

Would not be happy if he came this summer. Or next summer for that matter. He appears to be an abrasive character which is at odds with our current set up. Yes he is a winner, but so are Mourinho or Bacon, two of the most detestable managers ever to grace football. Winning isn't everything. I'd sooner see us second with Pellegrini than champions with Mourinho.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:08 pm

AntMcfc wrote:People on this site constantly criticise the team for not pressing well, for leaving gaps in midfield, for being a mess defensively and not being able to adapt to European football, but when it's suggested that we get a manager who's proven himself in excelling in those areas and half the members are sceptical. The logic is baffling.

There are fucking loads of teams who play like that. It's been the standard routine for most English clubs in Europe for 20 odd years. Some have got to finals due to a mixture of extreme good fortune, & having a few decent players, most just bomb out in flames. Mancini has tried it with these players & not got out of the group stage.

All Simeone would do, is get rid of some of our best players & replace them with ones who work harder. Why the fuck can't we just do that without Simeone, & carry on trying to play like a top side, instead of playing like Moyes' Everton with better players, which is EXACTLY what Atletico are.

Why the fuck are we going to win the title playing like that ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:19 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
AntMcfc wrote:People on this site constantly criticise the team for not pressing well, for leaving gaps in midfield, for being a mess defensively and not being able to adapt to European football, but when it's suggested that we get a manager who's proven himself in excelling in those areas and half the members are sceptical. The logic is baffling.

There are fucking loads of teams who play like that. It's been the standard routine for most English clubs in Europe for 20 odd years. Some have got to finals due to a mixture of extreme good fortune, & having a few decent players, most just bomb out in flames. Mancini has tried it with these players & not got out of the group stage.

All Simeone would do, is get rid of some of our best players & replace them with ones who work harder. Why the fuck can't we just do that without Simeone, & carry on trying to play like a top side, instead of playing like Moyes' Everton with better players, which is EXACTLY what Atletico are.

Pellers in to be clear, why would Simeone get rid of our players, he might sit them.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:00 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Pellers in to be clear, why would Simeone get rid of our players, he might sit them.

We've done it all before.

All the bullshit talked about in the media recently, it's as if City have gone into Europe all guns blazing like the return of Brian Horton, trying to dick everybody 5-0. People are forgetting we played Europa League before we even started in the Champions League & got dicked out of that. Mancini was as negative & boring as fuck in loads of European games, everything from sitting 442 to 5 at the back. We got fucking ripped apart with every formation we've tried.

Simeone would come along, either ditch half the midfield immediately, or get knocked out trying to get them defending, then ditch it next season, then most likely get knocked out again & sacked.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:23 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

MP stated this in pre-season last season, on the club website, no secret.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby AntMcfc » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:46 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

MP stated this in pre-season last season, on the club website, no secret.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_flag
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:52 pm

I take it you fanboys are watching this fucking shite.

Everton 1 Valencia 0 at halftime. The 25th set piece goal out of a total of 51.

City turn into this ? Fuck off.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Fesan » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:47 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I take it you fanboys are watching this fucking shite.

No worries about that under Pellegrini. Least goals per set piece in the entire league!
Fesan
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:05 pm

Fesan wrote:

No worries about that under Pellegrini. Least goals per set piece in the entire league!

Well if you like watching set pieces then you'll be made up if Moyesione takes over.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby kinkylola » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:05 pm

i think that if the owners don't believe paddy is ready to step up, the only person we go for is Pep. Outside of that I don't think there is anyone who plays the style we want to play, understands our "holistic ideals," and is proven to deliver the goods at 2 of the top clubs in the world. If it's not Pep, it's Paddy.

It will be Paddy at some point, that is 100% nailed on ... it's just a matter of timing, imo.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:18 pm

Fesan wrote:

Yet the most goals from corners last season in the PL.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Fesan » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:25 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Fesan wrote:

Well if you like watching set pieces then you'll be made up if Moyesione takes over.

No need to watch many set pieces, but when we do get a corner I prefer them to clear the first defender. Seems like only 1/10 does that this season for us.
Fesan
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:21 pm

Fesan wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Fesan wrote:

No need to watch many set pieces, but when we do get a corner I prefer them to clear the first defender. Seems like only 1/10 does that this season for us.

Really ?

We haven't noticed on here.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:26 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Fesan wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Fesan wrote:

Really ?

We haven't noticed on here.

"Interesting" was the proper response.

Keep up you brawling crazy.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby PeterParker » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:24 pm

Did he sign already?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues