Joe harts kicking

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Joe harts kicking

Postby Nick » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:32 pm

On the topic of Schwazer (however you spell it) - he saved them on at least 5 occasions.

When was the last time Hart made more than one great saves in a game for us?

I miss Given and James :)
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby nottsblue » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:36 pm

Thought the thread needs renaming to Joe Hart needs a fucking good kicking. It will be ultimately what costs him his place at City for me. Its just crap and isn't improving. He's good enough for the domestic challenges but not European imo.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:56 pm

nottsblue wrote:Thought the thread needs renaming to Joe Hart needs a fucking good kicking. It will be ultimately what costs him his place at City for me. Its just crap and isn't improving. He's good enough for the domestic challenges but not European imo.

Disagree with that, when has HE been the one to blame in Europe, I remember some amazing performances from him?

I think Harts distribution is what stops him being named alongside Neuer
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:56 pm

Nick wrote:On the topic of Schwazer (however you spell it) - he saved them on at least 5 occasions.

He's got that in spades...its the other stuff that he struggles with. #ModernKeepers

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby nottsblue » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:03 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Thought the thread needs renaming to Joe Hart needs a fucking good kicking. It will be ultimately what costs him his place at City for me. Its just crap and isn't improving. He's good enough for the domestic challenges but not European imo.

Disagree with that, when has HE been the one to blame in Europe, I remember some amazing performances from him?

I don't necessarily think you can portion blame totally to Hart in European games per se. Its often the defence/midfield fault initially. But, and please correct me if I'm wrong, his saves to shots ratio sems to have been steadily declining. Together with his piss poor distribution we often find ourselves losing possesion quicker and being on the backfoot more in European games. Just my observation and I could be very wrong about stats but he is just not in the top echelons of goalies for me. Its not just him though, our whole defensive set up is inadequate to compete at the top level of European competition
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:13 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

Agree with your first paragraph but not neccessarily your second.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Breks » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:16 pm

His distribution is shocking and he nevermthrows it out quick. way to indescisive when it comes to throwing the ball out quickly. Caballero has better distribution, both throwing and kicking.
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:07 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:I try not to post negative topics around here, but in hobestky not sure I can take much more of hart lumping the ball into the stands.

At what point in his career will he sort this? I've been seeing this and slowly seething for years, but the last few games the balls he's stuck in the stands under no pressure have started to boil my blood. I'm fairly certain there's a TV with a brick in its future in my house.

Cmon joe, do some bloody work on it. It's past time.

He passed one short, I nearly choked on my Stella. Thankfully he resumed his long ball tactics shortly after and the balance of nature was restored.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:43 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:I thought he was a lot better last night. I think he's pretty standard for a keeper (that's why they end up in net and Neuer is a freak of nature) - Schwarzer was horrific for them with his feet last night.

He should just throw it everytime, but that's what I think all keepers should do

+1.

And An Other. I dunno why keepers love to kick it with a low probability chance when they can throw or roll it with better accuracy...and faster too.

I like a keeper to get a fast throw out to the wings and get things moving.

Why can't our Joe do that more?

Er, because it's passed back to him the vast majority of the times he has posession
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:59 pm

A few of you have mentioned his throwing and why he doesn't do it more. Reminded me of my 2nd major grudge. His sprint to the box faking a throw then bollick the whole team, wait 5 years and kick poorly.

Now that winds me up that he has the nerve to scream at players for not being out in a second after defending a corner but with all the time in the world he's more likely to hit the 9th row than our number 9.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby roblues » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:06 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:A few of you have mentioned his throwing and why he doesn't do it more. Reminded me of my 2nd major grudge. His sprint to the box faking a throw then bollick the whole team, wait 5 years and kick poorly.

Now that winds me up that he has the nerve to scream at players for not being out in a second after defending a corner but with all the time in the world he's more likely to hit the 9th row than our number 9.

Typical City, we always ask the impossible.

Fully agree though
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:37 am

Haha I meant as in the striker not the actual number :)
Pretty Boy Lee

Postby stevefromdonny » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:23 am

I love it when he passes to the stands
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:47 am

I like Joe Hart, he seems like a nice guy, i like the fact hes been here since the start of the sheik era and i like the fact the players like him and he is respected but lets be honest he is not good enough for where we want to be. We want to be the best in the world and quite frankly hes nowhere near that level, its hard to argue he is even in top 5 in the league, i know a lot of neutrals who wouldnt have him in the top 5 and i would probably agree.

Mancini's first full season in charge when Hart was picked over Given he was excellent, the best thing though was that he was young and had so much potential to be even better, unfortunately, for me thats where he peaked, he hasnt realised that potential and if anything has regressed as a keeper.

Its a very tough decision for who is next in the door(or for Pellers next season), i feel to be the best we need a monster of a keeper, someone who dominates everything and when the chips are down pulls you out of the fire, for me Hart isnt that keeper.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby bigblue » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:02 am

Don't understand the negativity at all.

His distribution could be improved and he could make better decisions on corners, but he's saved us many times this season with some breathtaking saves. He also has had shambles of a defence infront of him, and has been left exposed countless times (1v1 I don't think there are many keepers better).

England's #1 is City's #1 and he's been with us for over half a decade. Seems a level headed, nice guy and should be England captain over shrek.

Why the all complaints? The real fingers should be pointed at the complete lack of organization amoungst our back 6 (defenders and center mids) for all the shit goals we've been giving up.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only

Postby Nick » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:44 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Nick wrote:On the topic of Schwazer (however you spell it) - he saved them on at least 5 occasions.

He's got that in spades...its the other stuff that he struggles with. #ModernKeepers

Cheers

Not sure I agree. He makes TV saves often when the ball is right at him; and then palms it in front of an opposing player. James and Given used to show such strong hands they would not only save it, but push it out of play.

I get so frustrated with him because when he broke through he had everything to be the best in the world and for me his attitude is left wanting. We all know his weaknesses but we see little development.......
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:02 pm

Nick wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

Not sure I agree. He makes TV saves often when the ball is right at him; and then palms it in front of an opposing player. James and Given used to show such strong hands they would not only save it, but push it out of play.

I get so frustrated with him because when he broke through he had everything to be the best in the world and for me his attitude is left wanting. We all know his weaknesses but we see little development.......

Exactly, although Given was worse! hart is a far better keeper than given and im a biased irishman!

Is my memory playing tricks on me or do i remember james being top class for us? i do remember he made one of the best saves i ever seen think it was against west ham, dont remember too many clangers from him that he was famous for....
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:48 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:I thought he was a lot better last night. I think he's pretty standard for a keeper (that's why they end up in net and Neuer is a freak of nature) - Schwarzer was horrific for them with his feet last night.

He should just throw it everytime, but that's what I think all keepers should do

+1.

And An Other. I dunno why keepers love to kick it with a low probability chance when they can throw or roll it with better accuracy...and faster too.

I like a keeper to get a fast throw out to the wings and get things moving.

Why can't our Joe do that more?

Er, because it's passed back to him the vast majority of the times he has posession

I wasnt suggesting he violate the rules... I'm talking about the chances he has to throw vs kick he almost always chooses to kick. I'd like to see the numbers...I bet its something like 75% and I bet Neuer is something like 30% kicking vs throwing.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:01 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
I wasnt suggesting he violate the rules... I'm talking about the chances he has to throw vs kick he almost always chooses to kick. I'd like to see the numbers...I bet its something like 75% and I bet Neuer is something like 30% kicking vs throwing.

He set Navas away with a throw the other night, it was refreshing.

I would say it's a two way street though, players have to make themselves available for the throw. If you watch Bayern or even Barca you'll see their centre backs go wide when the keeper has the ball to enable the keeper to roll it out to them, we very rarely do this.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:07 pm

bigblue wrote:Don't understand the negativity at all.

His distribution could be improved and he could make better decisions on corners, but he's saved us many times this season with some breathtaking saves. He also has had shambles of a defence infront of him, and has been left exposed countless times (1v1 I don't think there are many keepers better).

England's #1 is City's #1 and he's been with us for over half a decade. Seems a level headed, nice guy and should be England captain over shrek.

Why the all complaints? The real fingers should be pointed at the complete lack of organization amoungst our back 6 (defenders and center mids) for all the shit goals we've been giving up.

I wish I could draw a diagram on here. When one striker presses the cb who plays to hart and then both cbs peel off and provide options but instead he finds row z then I think I'm entitled to be annoyed.

England having a bunch of average keepers and one really good one ahoy don't factor into it. He's not world class despite being on the verge of it for years. In my opinion he's had a major flaw for a number of seasons holding him back and what I see with my eyes is him failing to improve it over those years.
Pretty Boy Lee

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum