MotM v Leicester

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Who's yours?

Hart
No votes
Sagna
No votes
Demichelis
9%
Mangala
4%
Kolarov
2%
Navas
53%
Fernando
No votes
Toure
No votes
Silva
21%
Aguero
2%
Bony
6%
Milner
No votes
Lampard
2%
Dzeko
No votes

Total votes : 47

MotM v Leicester

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:55 pm

Some good showings tonight against a hard working but relatively simple team.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: MotM v Leicester

Postby blues2win » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:01 pm

Navas for me. Excellent game capped by making the second goal.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:06 pm

blues2win wrote:Navas for me. Excellent game capped by making the second goal.

Same here but I thought Demi brought a real presence to the back 4. Even the subs looked up for it with Milner and Edin giving a decent but short display.

Aguero looked a little short of fitness and Bony needs to relax.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:07 pm

I thought Yaya had a good game but Navas was the standout player for us.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:10 pm

He wasn't my mom but the fitter Sergio gets the more class this boy looks. Some of the touches are breathtaking, the way his first touch moves the ball to an area that wrong foots the defender.

Best in the league by far when fit!
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Slim » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:10 pm

Goal post for me.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:18 pm

Hard to pick out a clear motm. Navas good, far better than nasri has been. Some of yayas passing was excellent. Bony did well and will be a big asset when he gets that first goal and settles a bit, mangala shows signs of improvement, think he will get there if we persist with him.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:26 pm

Slim wrote:Goal post for me.

Fuck, that could've been my banker!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:30 pm

Bit of a strange one tonight , think we scored just at the right time or it could have turned very ugly . On a bright note Navas never stopped working hard again with some great crosses . Bony .......... are we sure we have bought the Bony that played for Swansea ???
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby freshie » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:30 pm

Navas
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:00 pm

City64 wrote:Bit of a strange one tonight , think we scored just at the right time or it could have turned very ugly . On a bright note Navas never stopped working hard again with some great crosses . Bony .......... are we sure we have bought the Bony that played for Swansea ???

I am beginning to think big fish little pond/little fish big pond with Bony..... Let's hope he is bigger than Andy Carol and it's only temporary? Hopefully all will be well....
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:47 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
City64 wrote:Bit of a strange one tonight , think we scored just at the right time or it could have turned very ugly . On a bright note Navas never stopped working hard again with some great crosses . Bony .......... are we sure we have bought the Bony that played for Swansea ???

I am beginning to think big fish little pond/little fish big pond with Bony..... Let's hope he is bigger than Andy Carol and it's only temporary? Hopefully all will be well....

I thought Bony did well. He's a bit too eager in front of goal but his all round play was excellent. He won alot of headers and controlled the ball well. Much more to him than I thought.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:18 am

Strange wyat people see sometimes. I was begging for Dzeko after half an hour. Bony can bring a ball out the air but tonight he couldn't shout or pass. Even the ones that got to the target were slow or slightly behind resulting in play breaking down.

Demi and navas were by far our best for my money.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:19 am

Navas. Had he only played against the dippers, etc.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Cit.revenge » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:35 am

Navas all the way , he finally use hes pace not just to go right every time and cross, How poor is our defense is best present that Demi is our best defender and for me number two in this game, Bony , well need more game to see him , but this is where we got it wrong, we buy to many good players and hes good must be, but hes not great.We should never let Negredo go . Mangala pffffwww 40 mill was it ?
Last edited by Cit.revenge on Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby mr_nool » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:19 am

I was also happy with Bony last night. He was miles better than Dzeko as a target player, and he moved into the right places. Unfortunately his finishing let him down last night, but that will come.

MotM for me was Navas.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:55 am

Bony was lucky we won that game. I'm not saying he's shite or anything but Edin has been called Dzonkey for better performances. Just saying.
Decent performance with some good, some bad stuff in there. Improvement needed but getting to know the new lads around him will help

Navas for me too. Liked that shot of his from the edge of the box
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Cit.revenge » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:20 am

Moonchesteri wrote:Bony was lucky we won that game. I'm not saying he's shite or anything but Edin has been called Dzonkey for better performances. Just saying.
Decent performance with some good, some bad stuff in there. Improvement needed but getting to know the new lads around him will help

That is what i hate , no team spirit in our forum fans , I can probobly say that for my self . Some players I don't like so i will slag them and stay silent when they are good. Like this comment up there"He was miles better than Dzeko as a target player, and he moved into the right places" was he really ? Was he beter then Edin against Newcasle or Liverpool , miles beter ?! I m not judging like i say i m not better i slag Hart millions time and Cliche for hes lack of crossing ability but they save us millions of times. Nobody here is miles better . We have 3 players that stand out Silva Yaya and Kun , thatis it. , but as Moonchesteri said "Bony was lucky we won that game. I'm not saying he's shite or anything but Edin has been called Dzonkey for better performances. Just saying."I really think it was big mistake for not make Negredo stay.
Last edited by Cit.revenge on Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:24 am

Cit.revenge wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:Bony was lucky we won that game. I'm not saying he's shite or anything but Edin has been called Dzonkey for better performances. Just saying.

That is what i hate , no team spirit in our forum fans , I can probobly say that for my self . Some players I don't like so i will slag them and stay silent when they are good. Like this comment up there"He was miles better than Dzeko as a target player, and he moved into the right places" was he really ? Was he beter then Edin against Newcasle or Liverpool , miles beter. I m not judging like i say i m not better , but as Moonchesteri said "Bony was lucky we won that game. I'm not saying he's shite or anything but Edin has been called Dzonkey for better performances. Just saying."

Miles better is a bit of an exaggeration but he was better than Dzeko is normally at showing for the ball and holding it up to bring others into play. He also won a lot more aerial ball than you'd normally see from Dzeko.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Cit.revenge » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:32 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Cit.revenge wrote:

That is what i hate , no team spirit in our forum fans , I can probobly say that for my self . Some players I don't like so i will slag them and stay silent when they are good. Like this comment up there"He was miles better than Dzeko as a target player, and he moved into the right places" was he really ? Was he beter then Edin against Newcasle or Liverpool , miles beter. I m not judging like i say i m not better , but as Moonchesteri said "Bony was lucky we won that game. I'm not saying he's shite or anything but Edin has been called Dzonkey for better performances. Just saying."

Miles better is a bit of an exaggeration but he was better than Dzeko is normally at showing for the ball and holding it up to bring others into play. He also won a lot more aerial ball than you'd normally see from Dzeko.

I can agree with that ,but miles better..... also far from what i think was a good game from striker and impact like let say Negredo had , never mind . I just wanna point out he can say Bony was good on that and there is no need to involve Edin and miles better . And it s true if , Edin would have critics after he would play like Bony last night .
Last edited by Cit.revenge on Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cit.revenge

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum