MotM v Leicester

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Who's yours?

Hart
No votes
Sagna
No votes
Demichelis
9%
Mangala
4%
Kolarov
2%
Navas
53%
Fernando
No votes
Toure
No votes
Silva
21%
Aguero
2%
Bony
6%
Milner
No votes
Lampard
2%
Dzeko
No votes

Total votes : 47

Re: MotM v Leicester

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:34 am

Cit.revenge wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Cit.revenge wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:Bony was lucky we won that game. I'm not saying he's shite or anything but Edin has been called Dzonkey for better performances. Just saying.
Decent performance with some good, some bad stuff in there. Improvement needed but getting to know the new lads around him will help

Navas for me too. Liked that shot of his from the edge of the box

That is what i hate , no team spirit in our forum fans , I can probobly say that for my self . Some players I don't like so i will slag them and stay silent when they are good. Like this comment up there"He was miles better than Dzeko as a target player, and he moved into the right places" was he really ? Was he beter then Edin against Newcasle or Liverpool , miles beter. I m not judging like i say i m not better , but as Moonchesteri said "Bony was lucky we won that game. I'm not saying he's shite or anything but Edin has been called Dzonkey for better performances. Just saying."

Miles better is a bit of an exaggeration but he was better than Dzeko is normally at showing for the ball and holding it up to bring others into play. He also won a lot more aerial ball than you'd normally see from Dzeko.

I can agree with that but miles better and he could also say what hes missing on that game , , but ok . never mind . I just wanna point out he can say Bony was good on that and that no need to involve Edin and miles better . And it s true if , Edin was having critics after he would play like Bony last night .

I take your point but it's natural for people to compare players.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:43 am

I thought Martin played well.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby mr_nool » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:46 am

Cit.revenge wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:Bony was lucky we won that game. I'm not saying he's shite or anything but Edin has been called Dzonkey for better performances. Just saying.
Decent performance with some good, some bad stuff in there. Improvement needed but getting to know the new lads around him will help

That is what i hate , no team spirit in our forum fans , I can probobly say that for my self . Some players I don't like so i will slag them and stay silent when they are good. Like this comment up there"He was miles better than Dzeko as a target player, and he moved into the right places" was he really ? Was he beter then Edin against Newcasle or Liverpool , miles beter ?! I m not judging like i say i m not better i slag Hart millions time and Cliche for hes lack of crossing ability but they save us millions of times. Nobody here is miles better . We have 3 players that stand out Silva Yaya and Kun , thatis it. , but as Moonchesteri said "Bony was lucky we won that game. I'm not saying he's shite or anything but Edin has been called Dzonkey for better performances. Just saying."I really think it was big mistake for not make Negredo stay.

Bofuckinghoo. I really like Dzeko. I never called him Dzonkey or Bosnian spastic, and I give him plenty of praise.
However, he's not a target player. Bony performed that part much better than your average Dzeko performance.

As for Negredo, I think both Dzeko and bony are better footballers than him. he was on a purple patch that one autumn, and I don't think he has performed on that level before or since.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Cit.revenge » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:23 am

mr_nool wrote:
Cit.revenge wrote:

That is what i hate , no team spirit in our forum fans , I can probobly say that for my self . Some players I don't like so i will slag them and stay silent when they are good. Like this comment up there"He was miles better than Dzeko as a target player, and he moved into the right places" was he really ? Was he beter then Edin against Newcasle or Liverpool , miles beter ?! I m not judging like i say i m not better i slag Hart millions time and Cliche for hes lack of crossing ability but they save us millions of times. Nobody here is miles better . We have 3 players that stand out Silva Yaya and Kun , thatis it. , but as Moonchesteri said "Bony was lucky we won that game. I'm not saying he's shite or anything but Edin has been called Dzonkey for better performances. Just saying."I really think it was big mistake for not make Negredo stay.

Bofuckinghoo. I really like Dzeko. I never called him Dzonkey or Bosnian spastic, and I give him plenty of praise.
However, he's not a target player. Bony performed that part much better than your average Dzeko performance.

As for Negredo, I think both Dzeko and bony are better footballers than him. he was on a purple patch that one autumn, and I don't think he has performed on that level before or since.

I know u are , i just don't think Bony show nothing last night that was miles better then Dzeko in control, Messi and Slva are miles better. I think yes he has better controll then Edin , but also Edin control was better in recent time. I do not agree about Negredo . I think he was great player who give use die hard striker. Anyway it is no argument just opinion.And i also like i said think we need finally to buy some great players ,not good or decent and we had buy some average players in last two season . We need more great players, to play against teams like Barcelona .Bayern , Real, and especially in defense. Fernando is a miss for me , so is Mangala. Demi who cost us almost nothing, look like best defender now we have. We need Hazard , we need Farbregas , a young De Jong ( and i see him in Radja Nainggolan ) we need wingers like Bayern has . Any of that would improve us. But first we must finally fix defense and patch holes in midfield-
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Sister of fu » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:38 am

Cit.revenge wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Cit.revenge wrote:

I know u are , i just don't think Bony show nothing last night that was miles better then Dzeko in control, Messi and Slva are miles better. I think yes he has better controll then Edin , but also Edin control was better in recent time. I do not agree about Negredo . I think he was great player who give use die hard striker. Anyway it is no argument just opinion.And i also like i said think we need finally to buy some great players ,not good or decent and we had buy some average players in last two season . We need more great players, to play against teams like Barcelona .Bayern , Real, and especially in defense. Fernando is a miss for me , so is Mangala. Demi who cost us almost nothing, look like best defender now we have. We need Hazard , we need Farbregas , a young De Jong ( and i see him in Radja Nainggolan ) we need wingers like Bayern has . Any of that would improve us. But first we must finally fix defense and patch holes in midfield-

Messi and Slva are miles better..........than Bony? Have you really just wrote that. Messi is better than anyone that has ever played the game of football so not sure what your point is.

If people are really judging Bony after less than 90 mins of playing time then they really need to wobble their heads. Are other football fans as quick to judge a player as City fans are? Fuck me, the knee jerking over Bony has been laughable.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:51 am

Bony was strong as an ox last night, I laughed when for the 3rd time him put his foot on top of the ball and just held off the defender and looked at him as if to say, you havent got a cat in hells chance, mind you it was Konchesky. I dont think we are going to see anyone bully him off the ball which is great for when we want him to hold up the play. He was good in the air too which is what we have missed, his shooting was shit though, you know its bad when you shoot and result ends up with you closer to the goal than the ball was and it goes out for a throw in :-)

Overall it was a solid showing from Bony.

Navas was on fire last night (best game for a long time), he wanted the ball all night but he did have help from Sagna who created space for him. I really felt sorry for Kolarov, he isnt my favourite player but Silva just fucked off and left him all on his own for the whole game, I was happy to see Milner come on and protect him with Dave moving inside to support Sergio.

I have no idea why the stadium announcer gave MOTM to Silva??? That was a joke surely! Not as funny as the attendance though. I knew it would be poor but I didnt expect it to be that poor. I notice the club did not announce the attendance or thank us for our support last night! If anything, last night is when they should have thanked the ones who went. Maybe it was not announced as they need to get their abacus out to determine what the attendance was for FFP reasons!

Funniest part of the night was when one fella jumped to his feet last night when Milner came and stated singing "we want you to stay, we want you to stay, oh james miner, we want you to stay". Nobody joined in with him, so he sang "I want you to stay, I want you to stay, oh james miner, I want you to stay" it was pretty funny, but after reading that back, I guess you just had to be there :-)
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Cit.revenge » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:52 am

Sister of fu wrote:
Cit.revenge wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Cit.revenge wrote:

Messi and Slva are miles better..........than Bony? Have you really just wrote that. Messi is better than anyone that has ever played the game of football so not sure what your point is.

If people are really judging Bony after less than 90 mins of playing time then they really need to wobble their heads. Are other football fans as quick to judge a player as City fans are? Fuck me, the knee jerking over Bony has been laughable.

I m not judging him , if u see post before all of this i said one game is to litlle .Please read whole thread before start ranting , I said Bony was not miles better in control over Edin , Silve and Messi are miles better u get it. Because miles better is like to much. Yes hes better then Edin in controll but miles better . But rant away .
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Michael Brookes » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:08 am

Id go for Navas too, 2 observations:
Bony, based on that game, is the anti-dzeko... good showing for everything except in front of goal
Silva, lucky he scored as that boy had a stinker

Actually Id go for the ref.. saved us from a more nervy game
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:12 am

Michael Brookes wrote:Id go for Navas too, 2 observations:
Bony, based on that game, is the anti-dzeko... good showing for everything except in front of goal
Silva, lucky he scored as that boy had a stinker

Actually Id go for the ref.. saved us from a more nervy game

A stinker? Granted his touch was a bit off early doors but he got better as the game went on and overall was one of our better performers in the end.

The balls over the top for Bony and Aguero were class, shame neither finished although not easy chances.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Sister of fu » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:27 am

Their is defo someone ranting and it aint me sunshine.....
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby City64 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:37 am

CTID Hants wrote:
City64 wrote:Bit of a strange one tonight , think we scored just at the right time or it could have turned very ugly . On a bright note Navas never stopped working hard again with some great crosses . Bony .......... are we sure we have bought the Bony that played for Swansea ???

I am beginning to think big fish little pond/little fish big pond with Bony..... Let's hope he is bigger than Andy Carol and it's only temporary? Hopefully all will be well....

Hopefully but he certainly hasn't hit the ground running like Sergio did which is a worry . Also I think Sergio is at his best when playing the lone striker role , we don't want him getting frustrated and the goals drying up . Lastly it was like going through the motions football last night ........something is in the air !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby shortagain » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:56 am

CTID Hants wrote:
City64 wrote:Bit of a strange one tonight , think we scored just at the right time or it could have turned very ugly . On a bright note Navas never stopped working hard again with some great crosses . Bony .......... are we sure we have bought the Bony that played for Swansea ???

I am beginning to think big fish little pond/little fish big pond with Bony..... Let's hope he is bigger than Andy Carol and it's only temporary? Hopefully all will be well....

Whilst he missed a couple of chances, he held the ball up better that Dzeko has done all season
shortagain
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby mr_nool » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:58 am

shortagain wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

Whilst he missed a couple of chances, he held the ball up better that Dzeko has done all season

He defended really well at corners too ;-)
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:29 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Their is defo someone ranting and it aint me sunshine.....

anybody else read this in a Liam Gallagher voice?
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Sparklehorse » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:49 am

Naval actually took people on and beat them last night. He was very very good and with some better finishing would have had a couple more assists. If this guy could get us ten goals a season by just being a little more composed in front of goal we would have a seriously good player on our hands.
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum