***city v leicester official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v leicester official match thread***

Postby Dameerto » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:34 pm

Mase wrote:How's Sagna playing?

Haven't seen that much of him really - he's not conspicuous by his mistakes so that's a good thing. He's letting Navas have the right wing (and Navas has been one of the standout players so far)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Redna » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:34 pm

GET IN!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby mr_nool » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:34 pm

Ha, I've been hanging out in the wrong thread.
I actually think Bony's been really good apart from his very clumsy challenge that easily could've been a penalty.
Silva keeps scoring too.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Mase » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:34 pm

Danny Mills on BBC website:

"Looking at these two teams, it's very difficult to say which side is nearly top and which side is propping up the league. Man City are not playing with confidence, and this is very laboured."

Are we really playing that bad?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mase » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:35 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Mase wrote:How's Sagna playing?

Haven't seen that much of him really - he's not conspicuous by his mistakes so that's a good thing. He's letting Navas have the right wing (and Navas has been one of the standout players so far)

Nice one. Navas along with Kolarov I take it?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dameerto » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:35 pm

7 shots, 2 on target to Leicester's 2 shots 1 on target - City with 72 percent possession in the first half.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:35 pm

guv111 wrote:I take it these lazy, bottle-less cowards are up the their old tricks again?

not at all imho.

The team is working hard and running and fighting. Just trying to find a way through 11 men parked at the edge of the box is always tough.

Now if the Foxes come out for the second half and actually try and play some football we should put 4 past them.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby twosips » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:36 pm

Mase wrote:Danny Mills on BBC website:

"Looking at these two teams, it's very difficult to say which side is nearly top and which side is propping up the league. Man City are not playing with confidence, and this is very laboured."

No we're not. We're flat but we're clearly, clearly the better team. It doesn't take an idiot to see that....oh, wait. It's Mills we're talking about isn't it?
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:36 pm

Well yes and no. Yes, in the sense that there are things that aren't clicking that used to click, and the players are giving each other a bollocking from time to time for making basic errors and misunderstanding each other. We're not up to the standard that we've come to expect from Pellegrini. But we're clearly the better team. First 15 and last 10 were ours. All of them. So I don't know where Mills is coming from... or wait!
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:36 pm

Not at all. He's a fucking thieving cunt. And an idiot.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:37 pm

No we're not. We're flat but we're clearly, clearly the better team. It doesn't take an idiot to see that....oh, wait. It's Mills we're talking about isn't it?

Ha! Great minds and all that.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby mr_nool » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:37 pm

we have like 75/25 possession and have created some very good chances. Leicester have been dangerous twice on the counter.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Dameerto » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:38 pm

Despite Pellegrini's talk about not changing how he does things he's playing Aguero way deeper than he has done all season - at times it's like Bony is a lone striker - Pellegrini seems to be trying to take more of the midfield away from Leicester and it's worked so far.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby guv111 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:39 pm

Redna wrote:GET IN!

Is this a lie?
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Green & Blue » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:39 pm

Lovely to get the lead on the stroke of halftime.Silva looks to have found his shooting boots big time, scoring for fun this season .
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:39 pm

Dameerto wrote:Despite Pellegrini's talk about not changing how he does things he's playing Aguero way deeper than he has done all season - at times it's like Bony is a lone striker - Pellegrini seems to be trying to take more of the midfield away from Leicester and it's worked so far.

Are you sure that's just not Sergio dropping deeper himself to get more of the ball?
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Dameerto » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:42 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
Dameerto wrote:Despite Pellegrini's talk about not changing how he does things he's playing Aguero way deeper than he has done all season - at times it's like Bony is a lone striker - Pellegrini seems to be trying to take more of the midfield away from Leicester and it's worked so far.

Are you sure that's just not Sergio dropping deeper himself to get more of the ball?

I'm pretty sure it's instructions - he's lining up with Yaya and Silva behind Bony (with Navas almost level with Bony out wide right)
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:45 pm

No. We have been much the better team. A bit more cutting edge and this would be over. Bony has been very effective IMO
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby twosips » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:45 pm

Possibly the most muted reaction to a goal on here ever that. One solitary 'GET IN'
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Aggressive Walkling » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:45 pm

Some nice takes and good hold-up play by Bony. Navas looking very good. Lads as a whole seemed to come alive after about the 35th minute.
Aggressive Walkling
De Michelis's Pace

My favourite player is: Super Kevin Horlock

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum