Be honest

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Be honest

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:38 am

ruralblue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:I won't lie....I'm not fucking going. City can fuck off if they think I'm flying 6k miles at those prices! Cunts.

Cheers

What a lazy half arsed attitude. Fucking plastic cabbage growing excuse of a man!

You'll be smoking a bong and drumming and then at half 8 saying...."fuck me...isn't Wednesday?"

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:39 am

South Stand Balti wrote:Eh? We are the fans that go no matter what. I seem to remember being at home to Port Vale on a Wednesday night when we were in the third flight. It was a Wednesday night and pissing down but there were 30k+ there and we were about 14th in the league. Everyone will be there tonight. I will be in town by 4 and looking forward to it. If we win tonight it will be 9 points out of the last 12.......no disaster that. The one point I do understand though is the price. It is simply to expensive and really tough for those with young families etc. No need for season ticket peeps not to turn up or at least pass the ticket on.

I expected a defeat at either Stoke or Anfield during the run in, as we always let ourselves down at one or the other no matter how we are doing, but I never factored in the Hull result. Add two points to the total & we're perfectly ok imo, but losing those two points it's an outside bet now. I can understand fans not turning up at that price, when we can't be sure whether the players will turn up. It's far too much.

I haven't given up on the title personally, but I'd think twice if I had to fork out £50 to see a game v Leicester.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby aristation » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:12 pm

I'm not going (third time this season due to work ) but as always I make sure that the season ticket seat is filled with a loud substitute. I think as season ticket holders we have a duty to make sure our seats are filled!
It may be my last year as a season ticket holder as it just doesn't seem the same with so few English and local players (but I said that last year)
aristation
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater

Postby Slim » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:25 pm

Wonderwall wrote:I will be there with the other Church goers in 302, finger on lip, blanket over the knee giving it large with a Hoorah exclamation every now and again, whilst offering polite applause for each goal scored

Isn't that N in sign language?

Are you wanting Negredo back?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:43 pm

ruralblue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:I won't lie....I'm not fucking going. City can fuck off if they think I'm flying 6k miles at those prices! Cunts.

Cheers

What a lazy half arsed attitude. Fucking plastic cabbage growing excuse of a man!

And those are only his finer points.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:44 pm

craigmcfc wrote:Of course me and my lad will be there. Been plenty of worse times than this to be a City fan.

Wash your mouth out.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:46 pm

I'll be here looking for a stream in Dublin. (No Liffey jokes)
Could someone get a boo in early for me ... maybe when Kompany is doing his warm up.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Nickyboy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:55 pm

Not particularly excited about going but it's when things are not going perfect that it's time to really support the team to lift them
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:05 pm

I have a season card so will be going. If I was being asked to lash out forty sniffs + I wouldn't be bothering. . . . Possibly.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:54 pm

I will be on Kompany watch.

#You heard it here first#
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Sister of fu » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:57 pm

Cheers

Good, we hate day-trippers round these parts.....
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:40 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I will be on Kompany watch.

what always late...
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:09 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I will be on Kompany watch.

what always late...

Hes due an average game....today could be the day.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Nick » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:46 pm

I'm not having a go at anybody (and perhaps hypercritical of me considering I am not going tonight) but of the people sat with the blanket warming silencers; why not try and gee them all up?

Honestly I know what its like as I've sat in every block in the ground when we first moved there before getting a season ticket. I even got told to 'stop singing' in Colin Bell Tier 2 when it was the Champs League qualifier with Spurs (When Crouch scored).

I'm not going tonight. I can't got to week night matches (and haven't for a year now) due to severe insomnia issues (That city massively worsen). It doesn't matter who its against (I missed both Barca games). For me to go to a week night game I'd need a day off and 10mgs of Valium.

After the Newcastle game I've now made the decision that 5.30pm kick offs are too much. Who knows what the reason is; but after Newcastle I did not sleep for a single minute. Its like the adrenaline is too much it takes hours to subside (No I've never taken drugs and often don't drink at matches. I did have a few at Newcastle and the atmosphere was decent because 110 was rocking because everyone was pissed!)

Away from the therapy moan I just think more people need to be 'starters' of the atmosphere and this has been the case since we moved here. Too many people are ;scared' of looking like a mug, scared of standing up and love to conform to showshec (when they don't even bother anymore).

But my point is its games like tonight where I've made the decision why am I gonna worsen my health and put 100% into a match when 90% of the crowd do not. The lads I sit with gor banned a few years back on a midweek Europe game for 'standing up and persistent singing' that's the reward they get for actually bothering to go to Poznan or whoever it was with a load of tourists making them stick out like saw thumbs.

lunchtime, 3pm, 1.30pm, 4pm and fine I'll go mental and give my all but I've made the decision that the effects of late games are not worth it. Always make sure a BLUE has my ticket though.

ADDITIONAL separate rant: Many 'fair weathered fans' don't appreciate the price of games these days. They aren't prepared to pay £30 (price a lot of us sell are tickets for when we can't go and that's for 'the best' seats where people stand and sing); while City are trying to get £50. Hence when people cant go last minute sometimes theres empty seats and you can't give them away. Theres usually tickets on facebook swap groups; yet for games like Barca non blues end up getting tickets instead of blues.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:36 pm

Nick wrote:I'm not having a go at anybody (and perhaps hypercritical of me considering I am not going tonight) but of the people sat with the blanket warming silencers; why not try and gee them all up?

Honestly I know what its like as I've sat in every block in the ground when we first moved there before getting a season ticket. I even got told to 'stop singing' in Colin Bell Tier 2 when it was the Champs League qualifier with Spurs (When Crouch scored).

I'm not going tonight. I can't got to week night matches (and haven't for a year now) due to severe insomnia issues (That city massively worsen). It doesn't matter who its against (I missed both Barca games). For me to go to a week night game I'd need a day off and 10mgs of Valium.

After the Newcastle game I've now made the decision that 5.30pm kick offs are too much. Who knows what the reason is; but after Newcastle I did not sleep for a single minute. Its like the adrenaline is too much it takes hours to subside (No I've never taken drugs and often don't drink at matches. I did have a few at Newcastle and the atmosphere was decent because 110 was rocking because everyone was pissed!)

Away from the therapy moan I just think more people need to be 'starters' of the atmosphere and this has been the case since we moved here. Too many people are ;scared' of looking like a mug, scared of standing up and love to conform to showshec (when they don't even bother anymore).

But my point is its games like tonight where I've made the decision why am I gonna worsen my health and put 100% into a match when 90% of the crowd do not. The lads I sit with gor banned a few years back on a midweek Europe game for 'standing up and persistent singing' that's the reward they get for actually bothering to go to Poznan or whoever it was with a load of tourists making them stick out like saw thumbs.

lunchtime, 3pm, 1.30pm, 4pm and fine I'll go mental and give my all but I've made the decision that the effects of late games are not worth it. Always make sure a BLUE has my ticket though.

ADDITIONAL separate rant: Many 'fair weathered fans' don't appreciate the price of games these days. They aren't prepared to pay £30 (price a lot of us sell are tickets for when we can't go and that's for 'the best' seats where people stand and sing); while City are trying to get £50. Hence when people cant go last minute sometimes theres empty seats and you can't give them away. Theres usually tickets on facebook swap groups; yet for games like Barca non blues end up getting tickets instead of blues.

WOW nick, thats a shit deal, what have the quacks said about that condition?
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby City64 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:40 pm

Just about to sink a beer in the city center .

Can see tonight being a low key affair ,

Just sayin.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:22 pm

Nick wrote:I'm not having a go at anybody (and perhaps hypercritical of me considering I am not going tonight) but of the people sat with the blanket warming silencers; why not try and gee them all up?

Try reading one of my posts on football tactics, (or something by Hazy) then watch the 'highlights' of a rags or Chelsea game. You'll be well away.

Hope you get it sorted mate. Sounds like a tough deal.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mase » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:51 pm

john@staustell wrote:A lot of people do not know how lucky they are. 15 minutes from the ground and probably a season ticket already in their pocket.

As one who drove 600miles in a round trip for every single home game under both Alan Ball and Frank Clarke it makes me angry to say the least.

They're not lucky if they live within 15 mins of the stadium. Absolute shit hole. No offence to anyone that does live within 15 minutes
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nick » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:51 pm

Nice one lads.

Basically nothing. 6 years plus of multiple Gps, endocronoligsts, neurologists, psychologists, dieticians, tests and nothing really! (5 years ago they tried to peddle anti depressants on me)

Not really for this thread but a portion is perhaps anxiety related (worrying about not sleeping on top of probably generally being a bit of a worrier, especially with my job) but what I don't get is the 'city effect' of later kick offs and the 'day after' I go on the beer as there nothing to do with 'thinking im not going to sleep'. Normal people will go on a night out and sleep fine the next night however I'm up the full night yet feel KNACKERED.

I tested my cortisol levels and they spike up circa 10pm on a normal day but that could be expected.

Have a sleep clinic to go to in Salford at the end of the month but I don't hold much hope of trying to sleep wired to a hospital bed....

But good win for the lads tonight and none of me screaming at the TV as we played OK!
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:08 pm

Nick wrote:Nice one lads.

Basically nothing. 6 years plus of multiple Gps, endocronoligsts, neurologists, psychologists, dieticians, tests and nothing really! (5 years ago they tried to peddle anti depressants on me)

Not really for this thread but a portion is perhaps anxiety related (worrying about not sleeping on top of probably generally being a bit of a worrier, especially with my job) but what I don't get is the 'city effect' of later kick offs and the 'day after' I go on the beer as there nothing to do with 'thinking im not going to sleep'. Normal people will go on a night out and sleep fine the next night however I'm up the full night yet feel KNACKERED.

I tested my cortisol levels and they spike up circa 10pm on a normal day but that could be expected.

Have a sleep clinic to go to in Salford at the end of the month but I don't hold much hope of trying to sleep wired to a hospital bed....

But good win for the lads tonight and none of me screaming at the TV as we played OK!

i'm curious as fuck about this...

how much do you sleep every night?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum