Be honest

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Be honest

Postby Mase » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:31 am

Nick wrote:Nice one lads.

Basically nothing. 6 years plus of multiple Gps, endocronoligsts, neurologists, psychologists, dieticians, tests and nothing really! (5 years ago they tried to peddle anti depressants on me)

Not really for this thread but a portion is perhaps anxiety related (worrying about not sleeping on top of probably generally being a bit of a worrier, especially with my job) but what I don't get is the 'city effect' of later kick offs and the 'day after' I go on the beer as there nothing to do with 'thinking im not going to sleep'. Normal people will go on a night out and sleep fine the next night however I'm up the full night yet feel KNACKERED.

I tested my cortisol levels and they spike up circa 10pm on a normal day but that could be expected.

Have a sleep clinic to go to in Salford at the end of the month but I don't hold much hope of trying to sleep wired to a hospital bed....

But good win for the lads tonight and none of me screaming at the TV as we played OK!

Kolarov.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:43 am

Does sound rough nick. hope you will get some proper help and that city starts winning everything . You need that!
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:57 am

Loads of regulars not around last night. Stu and his lad, TBBM and Small Tony Book, Gaz and Baz. Plenty of room for strolling about.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:03 am

I watched MOTD last night and the ground looked more full on TV than it was in reality, I sat in 302 and it looked very empty, I would say 39k ish

EDIT: I see the OS has the attendance at 45000 EXACTLY? Really?
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Nick » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:45 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Loads of regulars not around last night. Stu and his lad, TBBM and Small Tony Book, Gaz and Baz. Plenty of room for strolling about.

Your not in 110 are you?

Does anybody on here struggle to get tickets for the average game by the way/ really want to be over the 110 side of the ground? I'm pretty much always there but if not my place gets filled but sometimes my mate works last minute so we have a spare gap to fill.

@Mase - Yes I think Kolorov sends me in a week long rage; but I'm less irate about him at the moment........

.........But the Nou Camp may change that!
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Nick » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:49 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Nick wrote:Nice one lads.

Basically nothing. 6 years plus of multiple Gps, endocronoligsts, neurologists, psychologists, dieticians, tests and nothing really! (5 years ago they tried to peddle anti depressants on me)

Not really for this thread but a portion is perhaps anxiety related (worrying about not sleeping on top of probably generally being a bit of a worrier, especially with my job) but what I don't get is the 'city effect' of later kick offs and the 'day after' I go on the beer as there nothing to do with 'thinking im not going to sleep'. Normal people will go on a night out and sleep fine the next night however I'm up the full night yet feel KNACKERED.

I tested my cortisol levels and they spike up circa 10pm on a normal day but that could be expected.

Have a sleep clinic to go to in Salford at the end of the month but I don't hold much hope of trying to sleep wired to a hospital bed....

But good win for the lads tonight and none of me screaming at the TV as we played OK!

i'm curious as fuck about this...

how much do you sleep every night?

cheers

Lol really? It's hard to say, a few hours. Can go from absolutely nothing at all (unless I get some kind of light sleep at some point) as after the Newcastle game to probably 5 hours ish with a lot of waking on Tuesday which is a good night.

People at work sometimes shrug it off and say they 'don't sleep well' but there is a big difference between regularly never sleeping and having a few bad nights. I'm a different person when I've slept. When I've not I'll withdraw at work, take shit out on my girlfriend/family and generally Kolorov.

Only thing that has ever helped regularly is Valium; but think my tolerance has gone up as 5mg after Newcastle game didn't do a thing. I'm only 26 so the doc is now an arse about prescribing (yet they want out anti deps to people like their smarties.....)
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby rosbif cuisson 'bleu' » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:04 pm

i'd watch it with the diazepam dosage...i would be equally worried about high-levels of diazepam as low levels of antidepressants......VERY unpleasant withdrawals off diazepam! Maybe why he's being a bit of an arse about prescribing....he may prefer to short-term prescribe antidepressants. But this is just suggestions, I have no knowledge of your personal circumstances and i hope you can resolve the problem whatever way.
rosbif cuisson 'bleu'
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: colin bell

Postby Nick » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:49 pm

Diazepam has no side effects with me though, I take it on a Sunday after a night out on a Sat (up to 10mgs now) or on a night where I've really stressed or done something outside of my usual routine (out late on a week night for example).

Anti deps I tried years ago (just for a few days) as it was one for anxiety and it made me worse sleep wise, I googled and found that insomnia was a big cause of the particularly anti dep! (I forget the name, I've still got them somewhere)
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:17 pm

Nick wrote:Diazepam has no side effects with me though, I take it on a Sunday after a night out on a Sat (up to 10mgs now) or on a night where I've really stressed or done something outside of my usual routine (out late on a week night for example).

Anti deps I tried years ago (just for a few days) as it was one for anxiety and it made me worse sleep wise, I googled and found that insomnia was a big cause of the particularly anti dep! (I forget the name, I've still got them somewhere)

Get Tedipam on speed dial you will be on the road to a decent kip mate good luck with it seriously.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum