Lawro and Degenerate predictions gameweek 28

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro and Degenerate predictions gameweek 28

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:55 am

Lawro is getting Giddy again and merson is still a twat

Lawro's opponent for the midweek Premier League fixtures is Kieran Shudall, singer and guitarist in indie-rock band Circa Waves.
Shudall has been an Everton fan since he was a boy and says his favourite player was Duncan Ferguson.
"I can't quite remember why I am an Evertonian - my brother must have convinced me when I was three or four that they were the best team," Shudall told BBC Sport.

Manchester City's defeat by Liverpool on Sunday was obviously a big blow to their title hopes but they have another worry in regard to Vincent Kompany's form.
Kompany has gone from looking one of the best central defenders in Europe, able to partner anybody and look awesome, to being a player who makes a lot of mistakes. His decision making on Sunday was poor.
Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany
Kompany has come in for criticism for his performances this season
Generally, though, Manuel Pellegrini's team do not look particularly good without the ball - Samir Nasri, for example, does not do enough work defensively down the right side of midfield.
That means Pablo Zabaleta does not get much help at right-back and he also has Kompany inside him who is wobbling and he is not getting much help. I just wonder if it might be time for Jesus Navas to come back in.
Liverpool and Barcelona have both caused Man City problems in the past week but this is Leicester we are talking about, and I don't see them doing the same.
Nigel Pearson's side had the weekend off because Chelsea were in the Capital One Cup final.
The Foxes did not lose any ground on the teams in action immediately above them, all of whom lost, but they are running out of games to save themselves.
Lawro's prediction: 3-0
Kieran's prediction: 3-0

Merson says

City have to win, but I do like Leicester. Nigel Pearson’s side always give it a go and are capable of scoring goals, they showed this at Anfield earlier in the season and nearly got something at the Emirates.

I expect City to win this, but it won’t be easy. They turn up too confident, thinking: “They’re not as good as us, so naturally we’ll win.” It doesn’t work like that. They’ve struggled at home because of their attitude against these lesser sides. I think Leicester have got every chance of staying up, they’ve just been bang out of luck. I don’t see many of the bottom teams winning bar Hull this week, so they’re still in it.

PAUL PREDICTS: 3-2
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro and Degenerate predictions gameweek 28

Postby nottsblue » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:56 pm

As usual at this point of the season, any old win will do. The league has gone, need to cement second
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: Lawro and Degenerate predictions gameweek 28

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:57 pm

My scouse missus who has taken a bit of a ribbing over the last season from me and my lad about finishing 2nd is taking great delight in us finishing 2nd this year until I pointed out that they have spent £120m to go from 2nd to 6th! Stupid arse scousers!
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Return to The Maine Football forum