Phillipe Coutinho - The best player in the league

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Phillipe Coutinho - The best player in the league

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:39 am

Goaters 103 wrote:Standard Scouse overreaction. Its player of the season - not player of the 2 games vs City and Southampton.

I suppose Liverpool are gonna win the league again aren't they. If City and Arsenal do their jobs correctly, one of Utd or Liverpool are going to miss out on the top 4 - seeing that will be fun.

Said it weeks ago take 2nd now, 2 wins in 9 for us, drop any more points on top of say Spurs away we could be looking at 3rd
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Slim » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:11 am

Matic for mine, probably go to Hazard though who is just a joy to watch. Hate the team, love the player.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PrezIke » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:22 am

Mase wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
hottest young player in the premiership?

that's a fairer assessment.

Has Harry Kane been sold abroad by Spurs?

point taken. it could be either really.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:34 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Mase wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
hottest young player in the premiership?

that's a fairer assessment.

Has Harry Kane been sold abroad by Spurs?

point taken. it could be either really.

No, not really. Coutinho has had two good games and Kane has had numerous and scored more goals in a worse team.

No contest in my view.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:13 pm

kane for me too. amazing season (so far).
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:44 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:kane for me too. amazing season (so far).

On that point if Kun pulls his finger out he'll deserve it. He's been miles better than either of them do I'd say none of those three has a shout.

Truthfully tho its got to be Hazard. Lots of football to play so things could change but I doubt it.

Shameful that we missed out on him.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:49 pm

Aguero has been the best player by a country mile imo. Just his fitness issues which have masked the fact. He was the best player on the pitch on Sunday imo & was unlucky not to get us at least a point, amongst a bad performance from his team.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Green & Blue » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:54 pm

He's not fit to lace Fernandos boots.

In reality it's got to be Aguero or Hazard I don't think anyone other than Rogers would have even predicted Coutinho was in the running.Kane has been fantastic and has to be the outstanding candidate for young player of the year.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:32 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 83382.html

Great. Makes perfect sense... Manager of the year two years in a row and maybe he'll even bring the new player of the year with him.

Us blues can only dream of how much the dippers actually possess right now.

Sigh...
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:06 pm

Be great if we end up with Rodgers instead of Pep or Vieira. Because we can't wait one more season for either to become feasible candidates.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:23 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Be great if we end up with Rodgers instead of Pep or Vieira. Because we can't wait one more season for either to become feasible candidates.

We end up with rogers and I'm done.

I have to silence the tv when the cunt comes on. Even then I can see the shite coming out of his mouth.
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:06 am

Original Dub wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Be great if we end up with Rodgers instead of Pep or Vieira. Because we can't wait one more season for either to become feasible candidates.

We end up with rogers and I'm done.

I have to silence the tv when the cunt comes on. Even then I can see the shite coming out of his mouth.

If we won a game, it would be ruined by listening to him afterwards, & seeing that fucking face. If Aguero smacked in an overhead kick volley in the last minute, he'd explain how he'd had them working on hitting the kind of crosses that are just the right pace for volleying overhead kicks..

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:54 am

http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2015/03 ... s-hand-up/

Hands Up if You Hate Rodgers’ Hand Up

Players are allowed to have trademark celebrations. Managers? No. Just no. The Cutter writes an open letter to Brendan Rodgers imploring the retirement of his raised arm.

Dear Brendan,

I think it’s fair to state that I’m not your biggest fan.

There’s your monstrous ego of course. How could I not start with that? A self-regard so deluded in nature that Jung would have fashioned a brand new couch for it. If you were made of chocolate you absolutely wouldn’t eat yourself. Because then the world would be deprived of a chocolate Brendan Rodgers.

Then there’s your mid-life crisis; a manopause that’s only missing the leather kecks and sparkling gnashers to complete the full set of pathetic cliché. My mistake, just the trousers.

Lastly – and most galling of all – is your vainglorious crusade to portray yourself as Shankly Mk II constantly peddling Liverpool mythologies to the cheap seats to elevate your own standing. This is despite winning the grand total of sod all in your managerial career besides a play-off final for Swansea. On an almost daily basis we are informed that Liverpool is special; a religion; more than a football club it’s a family.

That last nugget is a particular favourite of yours, uttered like a hideous lovechild of David Brent and Carla Lane.

Seriously pal, enough with the aggrandizement of LFC because quite simply they are not your mythologies to peddle. These folklores you espouse and the characteristics you boast of were established by other men from another era. Men such as Kenny Dalglish who went on to manage Liverpool just like yourself – but won actual trophies and stuff during his reign – yet rarely felt the need to talk up the club, probably because it was largely due to him that it became so special in the first place.

It would just be boasting.

Worse yet there is a distinct politician’s whiff about your constant trumpeting of the ‘Liverpool way’. As I’m sure you’re acutely aware Brendan – can I call you the Brodge? No? Okay – many reds have stitched together a security blanket from all that makes them so unique to comfort them through the prolonged fall of their empire. As Dalglish slowly morphed into Andriy Voronin and their hated rivals United repeatedly took their crown there was solace to be found in the passion and intelligence of their support, the balladry of the Kop, the togetherness of the club. By repeating these parables ad nauseam you are merely condescendingly playing up to the more susceptible sections of the fanbase. I won’t swear – as I’m sure you wouldn’t approve of that – so I’ll simply say this: It’s a cult’s trick.

Okay, enough with the character assassination. Because, although I’m certainly not your biggest fan it is equally true to say that I don’t hate you. It isn’t possible to hate on anyone who once declared, “My biggest mentor is myself”.

It’s also true to say that mostly I find you cloying in the extreme simply because you manage a rival team to the one I support and that many of your unsavoury traits that leave a little sick in the mouth – your conceit; your arrogance, and your hypocrisy – can be shared among other rival gaffers such as Van Gaal and Mourinho.

I don’t hate you but…well, there is that one thing, the thing that explodes my spleen every time I witness it. The thing I find more deplorable than FIFA corruption, diving, and Joey Barton combined.

Your one-handed goal celebration Brendan – the other always kept under-stated in pocket – is an affront to baby Jesus and perfectly encapsulates the very worst of you. It displays calculated arrogance and implies taking credit for someone else’s finery.

Managers are supposed to celebrate a goal vicariously, to revel in their player’s achievements. They, after all, had very little to do with it besides pick that player and offer some pre-match instruction. They certainly weren’t the one who just twisted a full-back inside-out before curling a blinder into the bottom corner.

Yet there is dignity in even the most wild of reactions – a punching of the air or a group hug with backroom staff – as it reflects the ecstasy of the fans while we in turn appreciate that the goal acts as a temporary release from the suffocating pressure all coaches endure.

What is not dignified – far from it – is striking a studied Shearer-esque touchline pose that’s no doubt been practised at length in front of your hallway mirror while your new girlfriend shouts out “Fiiit!! But try it with this jacket babe”.

No matter the importance of the strike – a last-minute winner or god-forfend a Balotelli shot on target – your response is always the same. Contrived, pursed-lipped dad-cool that’s as fake as the tan on your face.

Please stop it Brendan. It’s not fitting for a manger of Liverpool football club. It’s not fitting for a manager of any football club.

If you’re going to endlessly pontificate on your club’s class try and keep a little back for yourself.

Yours, Daisy

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:51 am

That's the best thing I'll read all day....top shelf.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:45 pm

someone pronto get that thing "trending" or whatever the kids say. brilliant and spot on.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:42 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:someone pronto get that thing "trending" or whatever the kids say. brilliant and spot on.

I have shared it, I have a few scouse 1 fans on my facebook, they will be on there later as they don't set a foot in Anfield, so they will definitely read it then!!
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Original Dub » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:43 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:That's the best thing I'll read all day....top shelf.

Cheers

Argeed.
Top quality.
Original Dub

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:15 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:someone pronto get that thing "trending" or whatever the kids say. brilliant and spot on.

I have shared it, I have a few scouse 1 fans on my facebook, they will be on there later as they don't set a foot in Anfield, so they will definitely read it then!!

I didnt get ONE bite....bastards
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Original Dub » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:58 pm

Silva is now the top scoring midfielder in the whole league.

As well as dictating the whole play and attack in the vast majority of games this season.

On what planet is coutinho even in the same class?

http://m.mcfc.co.uk/?name=mancity&i=123 ... tId=550697
Original Dub

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum