Adam Johnson arrested

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Adam Johnson arrested

Postby PeterParker » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:34 am

mr_nool wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Gotta say I feel for the lad.

Of course, his City past is important here, but beyond his pure stupidity, I have to blame the victim and her family. There are a lot of people that make a living with this type of deceits.

There were a lot of politicians, stars, etc, that made the same mistake he did. Too bad, too bad for him, I really hope he will avoid prison.

He groomed her for fuck's sake. It's not like she walked up to him in a club, put her hands in his trousers, and whispered, "I'm 21 - do me!".

I don't believe that.

From what I read, it was consent. He just pled for underage sex. I AM NOT SAYING HE WAS NOT STUPID, he is, big time.

However, do you really believe that her family did not see a financial opportunity from this?

People try to compare this case with the Evans and Van Rapist ones.
Last edited by PeterParker on Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Alioune DVToure » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:34 am

Wonderwall wrote:

Of course, his City past is important here, but beyond his pure stupidity, I have to blame the victim and her family. There are a lot of people that make a living with this type of deceits.

There were a lot of politicians, stars, etc, that made the same mistake he did. Too bad, too bad for him, I really hope he will avoid prison.

I hope you have your tin hat and suit of armour on PP.

Do you have sympathy with his point of view? I think it's the most depressing post I've read on here in years (especially 'I have to blame the victim and her family') and that Nooly's response is spot on.

It wasn't any kind of mistake; he has admitted that he pursued her, being aware of her age.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby PeterParker » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:36 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

It wasn't any kind of mistake; he has admitted that he pursued her, being aware of her age.

He did so?

If so, my mistake, I did not knew that. From what I read, he was not aware, he knew after the whole deed. IF he pursueh her and was aware of her age, he can go to fucking jail, simple.

Can you pass a link?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Alioune DVToure » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:38 am

PeterParker wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

He groomed her for fuck's sake. It's not like she walked up to him in a club, put her hands in his trousers, and whispered, "I'm 21 - do me!".

I don't believe that.

From what I read, it was consent. He just pled for underage sex. I AM NOT SAYING HE WAS NOT STUPID, he is, big time.

However, do you really believe that her family did not see a financial opportunity from this?

People try to compare this case with the Evans and Van Rapist ones. There was rape and so on, here it was pure stupidity from one part and gold digging reaction from the other one.

He has pleaded guilty to having groomed her, his being aware of her age. You are being incredibly ignorant; your comments about the victim (a child) and her family (who have every right to be incensed) are a fucking disgrace, mate.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:38 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Do you have sympathy with his point of view? I think it's the most depressing post I've read on here in years (especially 'I have to blame the victim and her family') and that Nooly's response is spot on.

Not in the slightest. I have said where I sit on this. He should be charged and sentenced as he is a dick and deserves it.

I also reserve judgement about the 1 way traffic on this until all the facts are outed. Some people are very quick to judge without knowing the facts. Something I have done on this case previously.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby mr_nool » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:38 am

PeterParker wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

I don't believe that.

People try to compare this case with the Evans and Van Rapist ones. There was rape and so on, here it was pure stupidity from one part and gold digging reaction from the other one.

I'm not saying it wasn't consensual (if a CHILD can be said to give consent). What I am saying is that he was fully aware of the fact that she was underage, but did not only ignore that fact. He actively tried to engage in sexual activities with her despite knowing this.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:39 am

mr_nool wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

I don't believe that.

I'm not saying it wasn't consensual (if a CHILD can be said to give consent). What I am saying is that he was fully aware of the fact that she was underage, but did not only ignore that fact. He actively tried to engage in sexual activities with her despite knowing this.

Would she have been underage if this was in Sweden nooly?
Wonderwall

Postby Alioune DVToure » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:40 am

PeterParker wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

He did so?

If so, my mistake, I did not knew that. From what I read, he was not aware, he knew after the whole deed. IF he pursueh her and was aware of her age, he can go to fucking jail, simple.

Can you pass a link?

From The Guardian:

CTID Hants wrote:To be fair ADVT you could have posted a link or copied the article, as I would imagine it would change quite a few peoples position on the case including mine.

Sunderland and England footballer Adam Johnson has pleaded guilty to kissing a 15-year-old schoolgirl after grooming her over the internet.

The 28-year-old midfielder admitted one count of sexual activity with a child and one of grooming at Bradford crown court. He denies two other counts of sexual activity with a child and is due to go on trial on Friday.

The midfielder, from Castle Eden, County Durham, had his case moved from Durham.
A
Born in Sunderland, Johnson began his career at Middlesbrough before moving to Manchester City and then to Sunderland for £10m in 2012.

Johnson was suspended by the north-east club following his arrest on 2 March last year but that was lifted when his bail was extended by five weeks a fortnight later.

He went on to feature in the side that survived relegation from the Premier League and has since made four appearances in an injury-hit start to the season.

Johnson entered two guilty pleas when the charges were read out to him by the court clerk.

Johnson is accused of grooming the teenager between 30 December 2014 and 26 February 2015 and having met with her to carry out sexual activity knowing that she was under 16, the age of consent. Standing in the dock, Johnson answered “guilty”.

In a second count, Johnson is charged with intentionally touching the complainant in a sexual way knowing that she was under 16. He briefly consulted his legal team before answering “guilty, yeah”.

A panel of prospective jurors were sworn in after Johnson entered his pleas. Before they were released, the judge, Jonathan Rose, said: “This is a case you may see referred to in the press. Mr Johnson is a professional footballer with Sunderland AFC and you may see something about it in the newspaper. But let me just remind you of the oath and affirmation you have just received. You must try this defendant on the evidence heard in this courtroom, not anything else. That is very important.”
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Alioune DVToure » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:43 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Not in the slightest. I have said where I sit on this. He should be charged and sentenced as he is a dick and deserves it.

I also reserve judgement about the 1 way traffic on this until all the facts are outed. Some people are very quick to judge without knowing the facts. Something I have done on this case previously.

Glad to hear that as I was getting worried!

The fact of the matter is, no matter how the other charges now unfold, he has admitted to having had an unhealthy interest in a girl he knew to be below the legal age of consent, and to have acted on his urges. I hope he isn't guilty of the other charges, but he's already confirmed that he's a criminal and a creep.

He didn't make any kind of 'mistake'. What he did was very deliberate, as he has conceded.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mr_nool » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:45 am

Wonderwall wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

I don't believe that.

Would she have been underage if this was in Sweden nooly?

Actually, no. The age of consent in Sweden is 15 (which I personally think is fine if you experiment with kids your own age, but is too low if the sexual partner is a grown up (above 18)).
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PeterParker » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:46 am

mr_nool wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

I don't believe that.

Read my reaction from above,

You are calling me ignorant because I have a different opinion of the problem based from what I read.

I agree that if he was AWARE, he should go to fucking jail. Did you get that? I will write it again with caps: HE SHOULD GO TO FUCKING JAIl.

However, according from BBC, where I read about this, HE plead guilty just for underage sex. He said he is not guilty for another two and we will find out what on friday. From BBC:

"This defendant has already pleaded guilty to one offence, you will hear more about them in detail when Miss Blackwell opens the case to you on Friday."
He said they must come to a decision on the remaining two charges.

Instead of reacting like a knobhead, read what I am saying. No one is defending him.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Alioune DVToure » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:47 am

mr_nool wrote:The age of consent in Sweden is 15 (which I personally think is fine if you experiment with kids your own age, but is too low if the sexual partner is a grown up (above 18)).

... let alone 27.
Last edited by Alioune DVToure on Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PeterParker » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:48 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

He did so?

Can you pass a link?

From The Guardian:

CTID Hants wrote:To be fair ADVT you could have posted a link or copied the article, as I would imagine it would change quite a few peoples position on the case including mine.

Sunderland and England footballer Adam Johnson has pleaded guilty to kissing a 15-year-old schoolgirl after grooming her over the internet.

The 28-year-old midfielder admitted one count of sexual activity with a child and one of grooming at Bradford crown court. He denies two other counts of sexual activity with a child and is due to go on trial on Friday.

The midfielder, from Castle Eden, County Durham, had his case moved from Durham.
A
Born in Sunderland, Johnson began his career at Middlesbrough before moving to Manchester City and then to Sunderland for £10m in 2012.

Johnson was suspended by the north-east club following his arrest on 2 March last year but that was lifted when his bail was extended by five weeks a fortnight later.

He went on to feature in the side that survived relegation from the Premier League and has since made four appearances in an injury-hit start to the season.

Johnson entered two guilty pleas when the charges were read out to him by the court clerk.

Johnson is accused of grooming the teenager between 30 December 2014 and 26 February 2015 and having met with her to carry out sexual activity knowing that she was under 16, the age of consent. Standing in the dock, Johnson answered “guilty”.

In a second count, Johnson is charged with intentionally touching the complainant in a sexual way knowing that she was under 16. He briefly consulted his legal team before answering “guilty, yeah”.

A panel of prospective jurors were sworn in after Johnson entered his pleas. Before they were released, the judge, Jonathan Rose, said: “This is a case you may see referred to in the press. Mr Johnson is a professional footballer with Sunderland AFC and you may see something about it in the newspaper. But let me just remind you of the oath and affirmation you have just received. You must try this defendant on the evidence heard in this courtroom, not anything else. That is very important.”

Then BBC should fuck off.

My mistake.
Last edited by PeterParker on Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:49 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Glad to hear that as I was getting worried!

The fact of the matter is, no matter how the other charges now unfold, he has admitted to having had an unhealthy interest in a girl he knew to be below the legal age of consent, and to have acted on his urges. I hope he isn't guilty of the other charges, but he's already confirmed that he's a criminal and a creep.

He didn't make any kind of 'mistake'. What he did was very deliberate, as he has conceded.

Absolutely and the fact he has pleaded guilty means he has no defence on those two charges, so he is trying to get some leniency on the sentencing. No matter what happens for the other two charges, he will get a custodial sentence. The way online paedophilia is viewed in the courts is getting longer sentences. I can see him being made an example of, doesn't matter how much money he has. The fact he will be tarred with the role model brush as well, will go against him. I reckon 3 years minimum.
Wonderwall

Postby mr_nool » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:50 am

PeterParker wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

I don't believe that.

Read my reaction from above,

You are calling me ignorant because I have a different opinion of the problem based from what I read.

I agree that if he was AWARE, he should go to fucking jail. Did you get that? I will write it again with caps: HE SHOULD GO TO FUCKING JAIl.

However, according from BBC, where I read about this, HE plead guilty just for underage sex. He said he is not guilty for another two and we will find out what on friday. From BBC:

"This defendant has already pleaded guilty to one offence, you will hear more about them in detail when Miss Blackwell opens the case to you on Friday."
He said they must come to a decision on the remaining two charges.

Instead of reacting like a knobhead, read what I am saying. No one is defending him.

What the fuck are you on about? I'm not acting like a knob head. I have not called you ignorant - although you first post clearly was ignorant. I have not attacked you in any sense. I have simply stated the facts.

If you make such an uniformed post, don't get pissed off when people correct you.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Alioune DVToure » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:53 am

To be fair, I was the one who called Parker ignorant. It seems he wasn't fully up to speed on developments in the case, which is understandable, but the tendency towards blaming the (alleged) victim, assuming that the accused simply did a whoopsie, and suggesting that the family of the (alleged) victim had some ulterior motive as is financial gain was out of order in any case, I believe.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:55 am

mr_nool wrote:What the fuck are you on about? I'm not acting like a knob head. I have not called you ignorant - although you first post clearly was ignorant. I have not attacked you in any sense. I have simply stated the facts.

If you make such an uniformed post, don't get pissed off when people correct you.

What the fuck have uniforms got to do with all this?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby PeterParker » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:55 am

Alioune DVToure, thanks for the link and the clarification, mate. Sorry for my confusion.
Last edited by PeterParker on Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby mr_nool » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:56 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
mr_nool wrote:What the fuck are you on about? I'm not acting like a knob head. I have not called you ignorant - although you first post clearly was ignorant. I have not attacked you in any sense. I have simply stated the facts.

What the fuck have uniforms got to do with all this?

uninformed. ;-)
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mr_nool » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:58 am

PeterParker wrote:
What the fuck are you on about? I'm not acting like a knob head. I have not called you ignorant

You are being incredibly ignorant; your comments about the victim

You should read what you are saying.

Nevertheless, I am not mad, I made a mistake. I got my source from BBC, which was wrong.

Alioune DVToure, thanks for the link and the clarification, mate. Sorry for my confusion.

You are being incredibly ignorant; your comments about the victim

I didn't write that.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum