The Silver Lining Thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Silver Lining Thread

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:44 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:If City turn up at Spurs, they will win & then I recon will finish 2nd. If not, then 3rd or 4th depending on how much the rags fuck up.

Quick question... Last time we actually turned up was when exactly? I've literally lost track. Sadly.

Cheers

Probably back in December. I can see the sheen fading on that lining.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby kinkylola » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:31 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:If City turn up at Spurs, they will win & then I recon will finish 2nd. If not, then 3rd or 4th depending on how much the rags fuck up.

Quick question... Last time we actually turned up was when exactly? I've literally lost track. Sadly.

Cheers

the sequence of winning away at Stoke 1-4, then home vs newcastle 5-0 in feb... seemed like a new dawn after losing to aresenal, losing to boro in the cup, drawing chelsea and drawing hull. I don't know that we were dazzling even in those wins, though.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:10 pm

kinkylola wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

the sequence of winning away at Stoke 1-4, then home vs newcastle 5-0 in feb... seemed like a new dawn after losing to aresenal, losing to boro in the cup, drawing chelsea and drawing hull. I don't know that we were dazzling even in those wins, though.

i'd have to agree with that, there was a glimmer of hope, sadly that turned into a false dawn. Losing at home to Barca followed by losing to Liverpool, thank Christ we played Leicester before they started to turn things round eh!
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:48 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

Agreed. We've been dogshit in 2015 even when we flattered to deceive.

Unlikely we beat spurs IMHO. Hope I'm wrong.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:06 pm

The last period where we were winning games consistently was more than a glimmer of hope, it was equalling the best winning run in the history of the club. In other words if that was a glimmer, we've never actually had any hope as a club, ever.

My hope is that the very fact we won a couple of games & indeed won with one of our famed last min winners, may put us back on a similar track. Especially as it was Fernandinho who got it, (may give him a boost) & we have Milner & Bony coming back to fitness. At least there is a possibility of a bit of a spark.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:25 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:The last period where we were winning games consistently was more than a glimmer of hope, it was equalling the best winning run in the history of the club. In other words if that was a glimmer, we've never actually had any hope as a club, ever.

My hope is that the very fact we won a couple of games & indeed won with one of our famed last min winners, may put us back on a similar track. Especially as it was Fernandinho who got it, (may give him a boost) & we have Milner & Bony coming back to fitness. At least there is a possibility of a bit of a spark.

We all hope you're right Ted.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby kinkylola » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:31 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:The last period where we were winning games consistently was more than a glimmer of hope, it was equalling the best winning run in the history of the club. In other words if that was a glimmer, we've never actually had any hope as a club, ever.

Our current form is night and day with the first half of the season. I hold out hope for the last few games, we've showed that there is at least a little fight left in us, even if the trouble is of our own making.

When villa came back to make it 2-2, I have to say ... I was not feeling very optimistic. Very surprised (pleasantly) by fern's goal, hope it galvanizes the team ... we need it against spurs.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:38 pm

kinkylola wrote:

Our current form is night and day with the first half of the season. I hold out hope for the last few games, we've showed that there is at least a little fight left in us, even if the trouble is of our own making.

When villa came back to make it 2-2, I have to say ... I was not feeling very optimistic. Very surprised (pleasantly) by fern's goal, hope it galvanizes the team ... we need it against spurs.

Spurs looked good going forward but worse than us at the back, on Saturday. Could be a few goals in this one.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:07 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
kinkylola wrote:

Spurs looked good going forward but worse than us at the back, on Saturday. Could be a few goals in this one.

That's what I would imagine.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:06 pm

We've looked tactically short most if the season, but right now it is the confidence that is lacking. Get that back and we will improve 20% (but still be crap at corners and pass instead of shooting).
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby bigblue » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:55 am

At least the Count doesn't do shit like this:

Watch on youtube.com

Seems like the sort of bloke women would be nervous around
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon May 04, 2015 12:14 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
kinkylola wrote:

That's what I would imagine.

Just the one.

It's turned out nice, hasn't it.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby nottsblue » Mon May 04, 2015 12:35 pm

If Aguero wins the golden boot, as is likely, that's gonna be a good "silver lining".
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby kinkylola » Wed May 06, 2015 3:18 pm

nottsblue wrote:If Aguero wins the golden boot, as is likely, that's gonna be a good "silver lining".

Aguero has never been in the PFA Team of the Year ... Silva has been in 1.

Also ...

Over the last decade City have only had 9 'appearances' in the PFA team, 5 of which were by Yaya and Vinnie. We're also the only team to have won the league and not had a manager of the year (premiere league era). Pardew won it over Mancini's title winning season, for getting newcastle their highest finish in 9 years (5th), and Pellegirini likewise missed out. Overall there have been four years where the award didn't go to the title winners, the other two being George Burley in 2000-01 over SAF and Harry Redknapp in 2009-10 over Ancelotti.

Silver lining? Other players in the league hate us just like the Media?
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby nottsblue » Wed May 06, 2015 3:46 pm

kinkylola wrote:
nottsblue wrote:If Aguero wins the golden boot, as is likely, that's gonna be a good "silver lining".

Also ...

Over the last decade City have only had 9 'appearances' in the PFA team, 5 of which were by Yaya and Vinnie. We're also the only team to have won the league and not had a manager of the year (premiere league era). Pardew won it over Mancini's title winning season, for getting newcastle their highest finish in 9 years (5th), and Pellegirini likewise missed out. Overall there have been four years where the award didn't go to the title winners, the other two being George Burley in 2000-01 over SAF and Harry Redknapp in 2009-10 over Ancelotti.

Surely that is the whole point that if Aguero wins the Golden Boot, it is something he has earned fair and square. It cannot be taken away by haters. Or indeed if Hart managed the Golden Glove again, as he is only one clean sheet behind.

Awards that are given by media or players are all well and good but they are tainted by favouritism and such like. We could win the Treble scoring 200 goals and not get media recognition. It would be all about the rags or chavs being unlucky and how we bought success
nottsblue

Postby kinkylola » Wed May 06, 2015 3:54 pm

nottsblue wrote:
kinkylola wrote:

Also ...

Surely that is the whole point that if Aguero wins the Golden Boot, it is something he has earned fair and square. It cannot be taken away by haters. Or indeed if Hart managed the Golden Glove again, as he is only one clean sheet behind.

Awards that are given by media or players are all well and good but they are tainted by favouritism and such like. We could win the Treble scoring 200 goals and not get media recognition. It would be all about the rags or chavs being unlucky and how we bought success

Yes, I agree totally. I went a bit off topic going into team of the year stuff, it was really only linked by Aguero and the golden boot. It's just a stat that caught my eye because of how absurd it is.

Personal achievements like the golden boot and golden glove are something the haters can't take away.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby nottsblue » Wed May 06, 2015 4:31 pm

kinkylola wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
kinkylola wrote:

Also ...

Yes, I agree totally. I went a bit off topic going into team of the year stuff, it was really only linked by Aguero and the golden boot. It's just a stat that caught my eye because of how absurd it is.

Personal achievements like the golden boot and golden glove are something the haters can't take away.

Though it would be interesting to note how many Golden Boot winners failed to make the team of the year. Can't imagine it is a lot
nottsblue

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed May 06, 2015 5:13 pm

nottsblue wrote:
kinkylola wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
kinkylola wrote:

Also ...

Though it would be interesting to note how many Golden Boot winners failed to make the team of the year. Can't imagine it is a lot

Why don't you ask Spartycunts to crunch those numbers on his supercomputer?

So that we can all say that Kun deserved it. He does.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Slim » Thu May 07, 2015 12:30 am

1992–93 Teddy Sheringham
1993–94 Andrew Cole
1997–98 Chris Sutton(3 way tie)
1997–98 Dion Dublin(3 way tie)
1998–99 Michael Owen(3 way tie)
1998–99 Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink(3 way tie)
2000–01 Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
2002–03 Ruud van Nistelrooy
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby kinkylola » Thu May 07, 2015 5:37 am

Slim wrote:1992–93 Teddy Sheringham
1993–94 Andrew Cole
1997–98 Chris Sutton(3 way tie)
1997–98 Dion Dublin(3 way tie)
1998–99 Michael Owen(3 way tie)
1998–99 Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink(3 way tie)
2000–01 Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
2002–03 Ruud van Nistelrooy

not surprising it's a lot more common ... the voting is done in fucking feb or something stupid like that.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum